MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

Turkey might block Finland, Sweden from joining NATO

Featured Posts

• FfFfFfFF changed the title to Turkey might block Finland, Sweden from joining NATO
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FfFfFfFF

• PartySick

• Pennywise

• palma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Turkish leader's autocratic leadership style and ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as Turkey's purchase of the Russian S-400 missile defense system, has generated a thorny dynamic

just kick them out of Nato. Also who was stupid enough to write EU and NATO admission requirements? Requiring unanimous consent was a super stupid idea. Make it 4/5 majority if you want, but never r

Can Turkey just calm down for a few minutes, haven’t you said enough recently. 

Nathan

Can Turkey just calm down for a few minutes, haven’t you said enough recently. 

• Like 10
TheSlash

Disappointed but not surprised :neyde:

Ew, David!
  • Like 5
Dennis
Posted (edited)

just kick them out of Nato. Also who was stupid enough to write EU and NATO admission requirements?
Requiring unanimous consent was a super stupid idea. Make it 4/5 majority if you want, but never require anything to have unanimous consent.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1
PartySick

Wait so...do applications into NATO have to be unanimously approved? That's kinda stupid :laughga:

Isn't Erdogan a massive pile though? And how can they oppose Finland and Sweden when the supposed "terrorists" they support are also backed by several existing NATO members?

And all at once, you're all I want 💚
  • Like 4
PartySick

The Turkish leader's autocratic leadership style and ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as Turkey's purchase of the Russian S-400 missile defense system, has generated a thorny dynamic between Washington and Ankara. President Joe Biden's formal recognition of the Armenian genocide last year also enraged Erdogan, and Turkey warned that the move created a "deep wound" in relations.

It really sounds like NATO should be trading Turkey for Sweden and Finland :glamourpuss:

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 10
FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

The Turkish leader's autocratic leadership style and ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, as well as Turkey's purchase of the Russian S-400 missile defense system, has generated a thorny dynamic between Washington and Ankara. President Joe Biden's formal recognition of the Armenian genocide last year also enraged Erdogan, and Turkey warned that the move created a "deep wound" in relations.

It really sounds like NATO should be trading Turkey for Sweden and Finland :glamourpuss:

Another layer to this is that Turkey might actively not want to get too brave in front of Russia because of genuine fear. Turkey and Russia fought a proxy war in Syria (also, the current de facto stalemate agreed by Russia allows Turkey to occupy parts of northern Syria). Turkey acted bold before the entire West imposed sanctions, now they might fear to cross the actual red line and get in a vulnerable position themselves. WW3 seemed a tad closer when Turkey shot down a Russian jet flying into its territory in 2014 (since then no Russian planes violated Turkish airspace, while they frequentely invade the airspace of the Nordic countries - another argument that Russia can only understand the language of force).

From another perspective, the war in Ukraine has a bad impact on Turkey's economy and as an effect, Turkey acts increasingly hostile towards Greece, so Ergodan may want to use Russia as an ally to eventually back its claims over the Aegean. And this is honestly not looking good. :green:

• Like 1
PartySick
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Another layer to this is that Turkey might actively not want to get too brave in front of Russia because of genuine fear. Turkey and Russia fought a proxy war in Syria (also, the current de facto stalemate agreed by Russia allows Turkey to occupy parts of northern Syria). Turkey acted bold before the entire West imposed sanctions, now they might fear to cross the actual red line and get in a vulnerable position themselves. WW3 seemed a tad closer when Turkey shot down a Russian jet flying into its territory in 2014 (since then no Russian planes violated Turkish airspace, while they frequentely invade the airspace of the Nordic countries - another argument that Russia can only understand the language of force).

From another perspective, the war in Ukraine has a bad impact on Turkey's economy and as an effect, Turkey acts increasingly hostile towards Greece, so Ergodan may want to use Russia as an ally to eventually back its claims over the Aegean. And this is honestly not looking good. :green:

So WWIII

NATO vs Russia, Belarus, Turkey...anyone else? :ph34r:

FfFfFfFF
Just now, PartySick said:

So WWIII

NATO vs Russia, Belarus, Turkey...anyone else? :ph34r:

I am tempted to say China, but I strongly believe China will eventually try to take over Siberia (prior to a global war), so a Russia-China alliance wouldn't completely make sense.. Then, Alexander Dugin said that Russia should seek alliances to Muslim countries that hate the US,so probably Iran and Pakistan. :ph34r: And this already sounds grim. :smh:

Pennywise

Can Turkey PLEASE wait for like two years before a war so that I can leave the country :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
PartySick
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I am tempted to say China, but I strongly believe China will eventually try to take over Siberia (prior to a global war), so a Russia-China alliance wouldn't completely make sense.. Then, Alexander Dugin said that Russia should seek alliances to Muslim countries that hate the US,so probably Iran and Pakistan. :ph34r: And this already sounds grim. :smh:

Imagining China taking Siberia sounds...weird to me :bear: just having Russia cut down to its European bit.

I don't even want to touch the Middle East. Relations are so complicated there :messga: I thought we were on good terms with Iran before Dump ripped up our agreement with them. I had hoped Biden would repair that relationship.

It seems to me the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing never really works out in conflicts either. Source: Every US operation in the Middle East since...I guess the 1960s or 1970s :laughga:

PartySick
Just now, Pennywise said:

Can Turkey PLEASE wait for like two years before a war so that I can leave the country :bear:

Are you coming to Florida to hang out with me and convert all the MAGA bros to MAGA hennies? :hor:

• YAAAS 1
Pennywise
Just now, PartySick said:

Are you coming to Florida to hang out with me and convert all the MAGA bros to MAGA hennies? :hor:

Flying from Turkey to Florida would be like saying "I'm leaving!!!" and going from the living room to my room :partysick:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 5
bionic

The fact Turkey is allowed in while the whole Cyprus situation continues is laughabel

buy bionic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
dit
Posted (edited)

Turkey is a great country and it has been villainized a lot by the west. it is a VERY geostrategic nation and we NEED Turkey in our alliances yet even when they were super open and very democratic we were always alienating them and treating them poorly. Let's be REAL. BUT Erdogan's behavior ever since the coup attempt has been horrific and is regressing Turkey and alienating it purposefully. 

I do hope that once he leaves power and is replaced that the EU FINALLY treat Turkey fairly and embrace it fully before it completely switches away. No more games. The EU needs to take advantage of that moment to create real long lasting rapprochement so that moments like this can never occur again. 

Edited by dit
  • Like 8