Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Levitating becomes the longest charting BB100 hit by a female artist ever!

Regina George

Featured Posts

PatrickMonster

Amazing, but streaming made it possible for songs to chart for an incredibly long time so you cant really compare this to old songs’ chart run

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ssslyboy
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

such a shame / irony that it never went to #1

It is a shame, but in a way it actually makes this achievement all the more unprecedented. :awesome:

Also, as ironic as it may be, in another way it makes some sense.  The longer a song's chart run is stretched out (remarkably long, in this case), the less likely it would have enough critical mass in any one week to reach #1.  The previous all-time record for most female weeks was "How Do I Live" which also peaked at #2 on the weekly chart.  Honestly, one-week snapshots are overrated.  Year-end and All-time achievements are what's important, in my opinion anyway.  :awesome:

Dojo
19 minutes ago, PatrickMonster said:

Amazing, but streaming made it possible for songs to chart for an incredibly long time so you cant really compare this to old songs’ chart run

and who is comparing? and what about new songs? they are not doing it like dua with don't start now, new rules or levitating 

stop with the mental gymnastics.

avalon x
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

and who is comparing? and what about new songs? they are not doing it like dua with don't start now, new rules or levitating 

1 hour ago, dojo said:

EVER 

E V E R

E  V  E  R 

:glamourpuss:

katy-perry-smile-3.jpg

Regina George
20 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

It is a shame, but in a way it actually makes this achievement all the more unprecedented. :awesome:

Also, as ironic as it may be, in another way it makes some sense.  The longer a song's chart run is stretched out (remarkably long, in this case), the less likely it would have enough critical mass in any one week to reach #1.  The previous all-time record for most female weeks was "How Do I Live" which also peaked at #2 on the weekly chart.  Honestly, one-week snapshots are overrated.  Year-end and All-time achievements are what's important, in my opinion anyway.  :awesome:

Also this one was the 1 on the year end chart so it kinda did get that no1 it deserved 

Regina George
8 minutes ago, JourneyToAvalon said:

It's a known fact that Dua's music has been boosted via payola. So this isn't surprising.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/pay-for-play-lawsuit-radio-1287139/

Lmao no amount of payola can make a song hit. It just has to he accepted by people so.. you tried but failed and this truly isn’t a thread for you! Sending love your way tho!

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

Undeserved. This song is a carbon copy of a reggae song. Trash. I was a huge fan of Dua and the fact that her most successful song is a blatant rip off of another song is disgusting. :bye:

Ya mean OutKast? the one Dua openly said she was inspired by?

TortureMeOnReplay
21 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Lmao no amount of payola can make a song hit. It just has to he accepted by people so.. you tried but failed and this truly isn’t a thread for you! Sending love your way tho!

But it actually can, psychologically. Through the mere exposure effect, radio CAN condition someone to like a song and therefore purchase or stream it. BUT I love levitating and have never heard it on the radio myself. 

TortureMeOnReplay
41 minutes ago, dojo said:

If it's the longest running EVER, and people are celebrating that accomplishment, you ARE comparing. It's not gymnastics, not even a jump or stretch. 

Quasi

The lengths some of y’all will go to to bring women down. :smh:

Congrats to Dua! Loved this song on first listen and I’m finally gonna get to hear it live soon! Nothing less than well deserved! :applause:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Regina George
2 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

But it actually can, psychologically. Through the mere exposure effect, radio CAN condition someone to like a song and therefore purchase or stream it. BUT I love levitating and have never heard it on the radio myself. 

Yea but there is more than few songs that are getting major radio updates without sales or streaming to back that up which means people are not necessarily enjoying it even tho the radio is crazy about it.. 

Sneaky Oliver

This is incredible! We must remember Levitating was originally a deep cut from the album. I remember we used to discuss which track we liked better Levitating or Hallucinate.

it’s insane to think it got the single treatment very late into the era and became such a successful song! There’s a Madonna remix, there are two different MVs, live performances… it’s amazing!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived