What’s a pop song that…

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge
1 hour ago, 053Timo said:

I never understood the love for MARINA (and the diamonds). IMO it’s mediocre at best…

How extensively have you listened to her music? Some albums are better than others, but she has a lot of hidden gems without the hits. Take her FROOT album for instance: I’m a Ruin isn’t even a hidden gem of the album per se, but just an outright great song. If you haven’t already, give some albums a listen all the way through. You might be surprised by what you find!

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I guess because this was released just as the summer months were ending and was made in the middle of lockdown when no one had the freedom to go on a holiday wasn't the wisest move. And Love Island was cancelled at the time and I bet that it would've been played continuously in the villa had it gone ahead and was probably written with this intention in mind:

I'm honestly baffled as to why this wasn't a hit. Were the lyrics regarded as too cringey or something? There was basically no promo for it and no official music video happened. But considering Camila had just broken out in a big way and whenever Pharrell is involved in a track, it tends to do pretty well, the public's complete ignorance of this hot, sexy, summer-ready bop will never cease to amaze me. That chorus SLAPS:

I don't know if you'd really consider this pop or hip hop but it's my favourite Doja song ever. That guitar riff is next level. I so wish this could've been her big hit that propelled her into the mainstream, this was the song on that album that deserved to go #1 (tried and failed to get into Say So, can't do it). I've not heard her make songs like this since and I wish she'd go back to this style:

Rules is such an incredible song :bradley:

Archived