💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What’s a pop song that…

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

What’s a pop song that was never a hit, but you stan it hard anyway and know it deserved better?

For me, Tove Lo’s True Disaster. Still fresh off the success of singles Habits and Talking Body from her debut album, Tove Lo just couldn’t keep the momentum going in the US with her sophomore effort Lady Wood. Cool Girl splashed on the Hot 100 for a sec but True Disaster missed the chart altogether. Seems to have had ok success on Swedish charts. Nevertheless, the song slaps and always felt like such an overlooked track. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Good choice! It deserved to be a massive hit. 

Tbh Tove Lo really should have become a MPG. How she was never picked up by the mainstream baffles me. She has such a great catalog of not-hits :spin:

Many Marina songs come to mind cause she's really that underrated but this hast to be the biggest, most obvious hit that never was. It did pretty well in Europe but it never reached what it deserved.

Bonkers

Stupid Love :heart:

Spoiler

haters wish it wasn't a hit :trollga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Glamourpuss

Don't laugh at me but I loved this when it was released and thought it was pop perfection and so much better than Stars Are Blind (which I also loved at the time). 

3 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Many Marina songs come to mind cause she's really that underrated but this hast to be the biggest, most obvious hit that never was. It did pretty well in Europe but it never reached what it deserved.

I feel like this song was a hit? At least most young people know it?

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Don't laugh at me but I loved this when it was released and thought it was pop perfection and so much better than Stars Are Blind (which I also loved at the time). 

I still love them, but I'm Team Stars Are Blind :glamourpuss:

Dr Fudge

2 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Oh Marina…Marina Marina Marina…she is another prime example of a should be MPG with sooooo many good songs. I’m glad she’s at least created a huge following regardless, but boy has the mainstream slept on her. 

Cello

The hit that got away :giveup: This song is over 20 years old and still sounds fresh.

she/her 💗 free my mind

BBhomemaker

Now i’m a Bey fan and the surprise visuals albums startegy was effective but, on the other hand, the way the singles are pushed after the album is not good at all, so many of her songs got a lot of potential to be hits but failed to be anything, it’s like all the interest were gone. I’m thinking of Pretty Hurts, Haunted (who could had a moment with the 50 shades success), then Freedom with Kendrick :madge:
______
another song that i thought should have been way bigger was Halsey - Nightmare. Right after Without Me success, the music video got budget, idk it wasn’t pop but still could had been bigger in a era where pop wasn’t « cool » anymore… :neyde:

BBhomemaker
29 minutes ago, Oyster said:

I feel like this song was a hit? At least most young people know it?

I think it became somehow a hit but with time.. like little by little people discovered Marina, but when the song was realised it wasn’t massive. Now yes, maybe cause the streaming platforms helped a lot of « indie » artists and songs to spread, like Lana. 

Archived