society

France Will Loosen Covid-19 Curbs & Allows Popcorns In Cinemas Again

Featured Posts

RAMROD

France will ease work-from-home rules from early February and allow nightclubs to reopen two weeks later as the general COVID-19 situation in the country is starting to improve, Prime Minister Jean Castex said on Thursday.

Caps on the number of people allowed into sports and entertainment venues will also be lifted on Feb. 2, and masks will no longer be required outdoors from that date.

People will also again, from Feb. 16, be allowed to eat popcorn - or other snacks - in cinemas. COVID protocols in schools, which among other things require children to wear masks in class, could be relaxed after the winter holidays.

However a vaccine pass, which requires a certificate of vaccination to enter public venues like restaurants, cafes, cinemas and long-distance trains, will enter into force as planned, Castex said, saying it would be enforced from Jan. 24.

The vaccine pass could be dropped later if the risk to public health from the pandemic eased significantly, he told a news conference. Health Minister Olivier Veran said that would depend on how much pressure hospitals are under.

France reported over 425,000 coronavirus infections on Thursday. The number of COVID patients in intensive care has stabilised, leaving the government some room for manoeuvre.

And the government's science advisory body said the fifth wave of the coronavirus pandemic would remain at a high, but manageable, level of infections until mid-March. read more 

The vaccine pass, approved by parliament on Sunday, still needs the green light of the Constitutional Court, which will make its views known on the matter on Friday. The pass has re-energised anti-vaccine street protests.

Up until now, a negative COVID test was also accepted to get access to public venues. That will no longer be the case.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/france-unveil-timetable-easing-covid-restrictions-2022-01-20/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ paradise lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• AnnaNicoleSmith

• Runway

• HuffsAhoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i can’t believe this is what people call fascism. soft as hell 

I would imagine it's because you have to remove your mask to eat and doing that in a room you'll be in for 1-2 hours with a crowd of people around you isn't smart

Some of you are not really smart Popcorn was an example  It's just food in general that is not allowed in theaters because face masks are mandatory 

PartySick
15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The pass has re-energised anti-vaccine street protests.

Cry about it :neyde:

Good for France :golfclap:

The remix
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Dennis

France and U.S have one thing in common: a lot of antivaxxers. They're pretty numerous in both countries. 

• Shook 1
Runway

imagine not being allowed to eat popcorn in a movie theatre, why did they even bother to open at all. :lmao: Macron is truly a fascist, yuck

• Like 1
PartySick
7 minutes ago, Runway said:

imagine not being allowed to eat popcorn in a movie theatre, why did they even bother to open at all. :lmao: Macron is truly a fascist, yuck

I would imagine it's because you have to remove your mask to eat and doing that in a room you'll be in for 1-2 hours with a crowd of people around you isn't smart :poot:

The remix
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
HuffsAhoy
12 hours ago, PartySick said:

I would imagine it's because you have to remove your mask to eat and doing that in a room you'll be in for 1-2 hours with a crowd of people around you isn't smart :poot:

It's really no different than wearing your mask as you walk to a table inside a restaurant and taking it off to eat the meal. They could have limited the capacity of the individual theaters to avoid crowds. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • Like 1
AnnaNicoleSmith
13 hours ago, Runway said:

He loves it, he just loves it. He's a daddy but he has serious problems, maybe narcissism, the power really got to his head, he uses it for really dumb ****. What does popcorn have to do with corona? Please explain to me. No logic with him, but as he said he just wanna piss people off, good job

• Like 1
RAMROD

I can see their logic, I mean, back when it was just reopened here, most people didn't get anything from concession  either, because fear of inhaling covid contaminated air when eating or drinking. Everyone can't be too sure nor want to take chances then.

Only after the vaccine pass required to enter, some people got a bit laxxed and enjoyed eating & drinking again. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ paradise lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Eido

Some of you are not really smart

Popcorn was an example 

It's just food in general that is not allowed in theaters because face masks are mandatory 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Economy
On 1/20/2022 at 9:57 PM, Runway said:

Ummmmm but it makes sense during a pandemic since u have to remove ur mask to eat it and potential sprays of saliva droplets while chewing?

When will ppl stop calling governments dictators or fascists anytime they impose rules or restrictions for our own good?

If the idea of freedom is taken to the extreme that we should have no rules at all and never be told what to do then we might as well not have government at all and be a every man for himself kind of society

We need structure and guidance to avoid anarchy and chaos

Edited by Economy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Economy
On 1/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

He loves it, he just loves it. He's a daddy but he has serious problems, maybe narcissism, the power really got to his head, he uses it for really dumb ****. What does popcorn have to do with corona? Please explain to me. No logic with him, but as he said he just wanna piss people off, good job

U literally have to remove ur mask and for anyone that doesnt keep their mouth closed 100% of time while chewing it also means increased saliva droplet spraying

It doesnt take a genius to see how the popcorn is related to increased risk of spread

• LMAO 1
Guillaume Hamon
On 1/21/2022 at 12:23 AM, Dennis said:

France and U.S have one thing in common: a lot of antivaxxers. They're pretty numerous in both countries. 

91% of the population who can get vaccinated in France did get vaccinated. I believe it's pretty high rates compared to other European countries.

Germany, England and others have smallers vaccinations rates yet it's France getting seen as the antivax land.

Chromatography
On 1/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, Runway said:

i can’t believe this is what people call fascism. soft as hell 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3