Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not anticipating this. I rarely listen to the weeknd but I thought I would give it a go. Gasoline, sacrifice, and LESS THAN ZERO. Woah and all of the production? So well executed. So tired but I kept wanting to hear these songs through.

GunninMan

I’m so blown away by this. I love everything he does. I do have to agree with the consensus that the second half is weaker than the first half, but the overall project is so cohesive and one of the best projects to come from any modern artist in a long time. His peers need to take note. How Do I Make You Love Me is probably in my top 3 favorite songs in the last 5 years.

mr.peter

I really enjoyed my first listen. I watched the twitch livestream. I have a feeling this album will disappoint a portion of his fan base 

Morphine Prince
8 minutes ago, mr.peter said:

I really enjoyed my first listen. I watched the twitch livestream. I have a feeling this album will disappoint a portion of his fan base 

I’ve been a fan since 2012. It will disappoint the OGs. But these people just want a rehash of The Trilogy it seems. They are never satisfied with anything else he puts out. 

The Weeknd has evolved and became mainstream without selling out that it factor he has. 

I for one have enjoyed his evolution. 

ANTI WP
11 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

The Weeknd has evolved and became mainstream without selling out that it factor he has. 

They have to accept this and move on 

thatfoxyfeeling

I love how he has evolved and established himself as a mainstream artist without losing what made him The Weeknd. He's the best male artist period. :applause:

Shav33l

I loved it so much omfg!!! All the songs were soooo gooodd!! :giveup:

Red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout.

PartySick

There were rumors that he was sampling Michael Jackson on this album. Did he end up doing it? :oprah: I saw someone on Twitter comparing Sacrifice to Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough and I guess if you slap enough distortion and pitch changing on the guitar it sounds kind of similar but I doubt it's a sample. Seems more like a coincidence. Plus the post on the first page says Sacrifice samples a different song.

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

HIM820

From the credits this album looks pretty collaborative, but I still haven’t heard this much Max Martin since his last album. Why hasn’t he been working with any of the main pop girls? 

Guest MiracleWinchester

I don’t hate this album, but Take My Breath is literally the only song I really enjoyed :toofunny:

Levine

Wow these are not the comments I thought I would have found.

Maybe I'm not in the mood? and I'll surely give it another listen, but I hated it. Nothing stands out to me and no song remained impressed in my mind after listening to the whole album.

Archived