question

Will Chromatica Ball still happen?

Featured Posts

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delulu Rogers
13 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

As Gaga said we will see her "maybe other places also soon" and I don't know how she could have been more clear or specific. Y'all just love to complain.Ā :grr:

Lmao as if that means anything. Gaga hints/makes promises all the timeĀ that donā€™tĀ come true.Ā 

Chlorine Sevigny
4 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Lmao as if that means anything. Gaga hints/makes promises all the timeĀ that donā€™tĀ come true.Ā 

I was being facetious.Ā :sleep:

gagzus

i think it'll still happen, but even she seemed uncertain like in that BBC Radio 1 interview for HoG they mentioned her coming to the UK on a tour next year and she seemed so confused, like she forgot she hadn't toured for Chromatica yet.Ā 

It's also depending on if her label has old school label expectations, like for example, tours used to only ever happen if an album didn't make as much money on record sales alone as possible and then they became more common place as a necessity. Britney never toured for Blackout and instead included the songs in the Circus tour so Gaga could always do the same for Chromatica.

FentyGa

omicron rates will have to drop significantly, but itā€™s possible

itā€™ll either happen this july, or not at all. i think gaga knows that cancelling this tour would break the trust of not just fans but also tour promoters, considering what happened withĀ the BTWB, JWT and now potentially TCB.

that said, chromatica era feels like eons ago, so it would be weird to suddenly return to that aesthetic and vibe. maybe sheā€™ll rebrand it as the Gaga World Tour or something, and basically do her hits, some fan favourites, and a few chromatica deep cuts. thatā€™s what iā€™d do.

Suspiria
16 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

that said, chromatica era feels like eons ago, so it would be weird to suddenly return to that aesthetic and vibe. maybe sheā€™ll rebrand it as the Gaga World Tour or something, and basically do her hits, some fan favourites, and a few chromatica deep cuts. thatā€™s what iā€™d do.

I'd be so disappointed if she did this. For one, she's already done loads of greatest hits shows (Superbowl, Coachella, Enigma, and JWT was basically an extension of the Superbowl). Secondly because Chromatica was a great album with an awesome aestheticĀ and conceptĀ that was paid dust,Ā it just deserves a tour so badly to give it some justice.

But mostly because one of the reasons I stanned Gaga was because she always delivered full eras where she committed to a specific sound, look, persona and concept. A generic greatest hitsĀ tour is just so bland and run-of-the-mill, the sort of thing any other pop star would do. I want a show that's a new and creative body of workĀ in itself, not just a stale listĀ of her hits from a decade ago.

chromatic puzea

i mean she's already said it's very difficult for her to relive the trauma that chromatica came from and will most likely not be performing any of the songs idky literally everyone in this thread forgot about that

i think regardless though someone on her team needs to make a clear statement cause they've been so unclear it's extremely unprofessional esp for an artist so large and far into their career as gaga

do u like the jojo siwa song

FentyGa
16 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I'd be so disappointed if she did this. For one, she's already done loads of greatest hits shows (Superbowl, Coachella, Enigma, and JWT was basically an extension of the Superbowl). Secondly because Chromatica was a great album with an awesome aestheticĀ and conceptĀ that was paid dust,Ā it just deserves a tour so badly to give it some justice.

But mostly because one of the reasons I stanned Gaga was because she always delivered full eras where she committed to a specific sound, look, persona and concept. A generic greatest hitsĀ tour is just so bland and run-of-the-mill, the sort of thing any other pop star would do. I want a show that's a new and creative body of workĀ in itself, not just a stale listĀ of her hits from a decade ago.

i get where youā€™re coming from, and i agree that the chromatica concept deserves a tour. that said, i donā€™t think a gaga hits tour would be generic or run-of-the-mill. it is gaga, after all. she always does something cool.

besides, her shows are usually new album +TF/TFM, anyway. she does JD, PF, LoveGame, Paparazzi, BR, Telephone, Alejandro, a couple songs from BTW, one from ARTPOP (always applause), and now she adds MR and Shallow. she does one or two fan favourites, which are usually from BTW, and thatā€™s it. so tbh the chromatica ball will probably be that anyway, with the inclusion of a few chromatica songs.

DeanSummer

We can ask LiveNation via E-mail : if the amount of questions about it is big they might get in touch with Bobby ...

DS

Suspiria
3 hours ago, FentyGa said:

i get where youā€™re coming from, and i agree that the chromatica concept deserves a tour. that said, i donā€™t think a gaga hits tour would be generic or run-of-the-mill. it is gaga, after all. she always does something cool.

besides, her shows are usually new album +TF/TFM, anyway. she does JD, PF, LoveGame, Paparazzi, BR, Telephone, Alejandro, a couple songs from BTW, one from ARTPOP (always applause), and now she adds MR and Shallow. she does one or two fan favourites, which are usually from BTW, and thatā€™s it. so tbh the chromatica ball will probably be that anyway, with the inclusion of a few chromatica songs.

I mean ArtRave was mostly just ARTPOP with most of the hits crammed into a little medley. I'd much rather she did that, than do a JWT where less than half the setlist was actually from Joanne.

And anyway, at only 13 songs she could easily perform the entirety of Chromatica and still have room for a few old hits. I think we can do without LoveGame, Alejandro, Telephone, YoĆ¼ + I, MR and ScheiƟe at this point lol.

tylertremallose
12 hours ago, gagzus said:

i think it'll still happen, but even she seemed uncertain like in that BBC Radio 1 interview for HoG they mentioned her coming to the UK on a tour next year and she seemed so confused, like she forgot she hadn't toured for Chromatica yet.Ā 

It's also depending on if her label has old school label expectations, like for example, tours used to only ever happen if an album didn't make as much money on record sales alone as possible and then they became more common place as a necessity. Britney never toured for Blackout and instead included the songs in the Circus tour so Gaga could always do the same for Chromatica.

it should have been called the blackout tour, considering she had more songs from blackout than circus lol

On 12/27/2021 at 5:55 PM, Lanadelduck said:

And your source for your insurance comment is where?Ā 

You really think Coronavirus-related cancellations are covered by tour insurance? Oh, she'd cancel for sure, she'dĀ get paid doing nothing...

If that's the case, every single artist would have canceled their tour... FREE MONEY!! šŸ˜‚

No, the Covid-19 outbreak is NOT COVERED by cancellation insurance. Let's say your tour was scheduled for March 2020 - and you'd already spent $10 million on stage sets, etc. If you canceled the tour, you'd lose $10 million.Ā This is why most artists postponed/ rescheduled their tour!Ā 

After the SARS epidemic (2002-2004) resulted in tour cancellations overseas, insurance companies started creating exclusions in cancellation insurance. After January 20, 2020, they EXCLUDED Coronavirus as a covered event.

From Rolling Stone (link below):

ā€œSince JANUARY [2020], new insurance contracts HAVE NOT COVERED CORONAVIRUS... Most major artists buy tour cancellation insurance... But even if you buy it now ā€” it wonā€™t cover coronavirus. My advice to artists is to just RESCHEDULE... and hopefully recoup some losses and still make a profit with the rescheduled show.ā€Ā 

-- Howard King, managing partner of entertainment-focused law firm King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano (Rolling Stone, March 12, 2020).Ā 

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/music-concerts-tour-insurance-coronavirus-965288/

Ā 

she/her/hers

Archived