MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Elle drops fur from all its editions

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

61aa068a4e3fe11cc8c63013.jpg

Elle magazine announced on Thursday at a UK fashion conference that it will stop using fur in its publications worldwide.

Elle is a monthly lifestyle magazine owned by French media group Lagardere. It will be the first major fashion publication to remove fur from all its editorial and advertising content.

Elle said it wants to "foster a more humane fashion industry." 

Many big names that have already chosen to no longer use fur include Gucci, Versace, Prada, Burberry, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Donna Karan, DKNY, Michael Kors, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Balenciaga.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/elle-magazine-to-drop-fur-from-all-international-editions-101638496944632.htmlhttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-03/elle-magazine-says-it-will-drop-fur-from-magazines-worldwide/100671236

Unable to post since January 3rd 2022
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 8
RodeckDanny

WONDERFUL <3 This is what we need, hopefully in the future leather stops being used too... 

Edited by RodeckDanny
Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
HiddenWeirdo
1 hour ago, RodeckDanny said:

WONDERFUL <3 This is what we need, hopefully in the feature leather stops being used too... 

But brands should also produce sustainable fake leather in order to save the animal world while being environmentally friendly

• Like 3
RodeckDanny
19 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

But brands should also produce sustainable fake leather in order to save the animal world while being environmentally friendly

YES definitely agree. That's what I thought. People won't stop using leather-looking stuff so we do need a sustainable fake leather

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)
  • Like 1
MonsterPaws
43 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

This. I'm so happy designer brands are dropping animal furs but we simultaneously need to make sure the alternative is sustainable.

If we switch to plastic/non-bio degradable alternatives we're moving from an ethical problem (animal suffering) to a sustainability problem. We can tackle both so I hope these brands keep that in mind.

• Like 1
Economy
On 12/5/2021 at 6:33 AM, RodeckDanny said:

WONDERFUL <3 This is what we need, hopefully in the future leather stops being used too... 

I think yes if we stop eating beef also. If not theres no reason to waste it

Economy
On 12/5/2021 at 8:23 AM, MonsterPaws said:

This. I'm so happy designer brands are dropping animal furs but we simultaneously need to make sure the alternative is sustainable.

If we switch to plastic/non-bio degradable alternatives we're moving from an ethical problem (animal suffering) to a sustainability problem. We can tackle both so I hope these brands keep that in mind.

Thats why i said ditch leather IF ppl stop also eating beef. If u throw it out and still kill the animal anyway to eat thats not environmentaly preferable

• Like 1
MonsterPaws
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Thats why i said ditch leather IF ppl stop also eating beef. If u throw it out and still kill the animal anyway to eat thats not environmentaly preferable

This only applies to the beef (and similar) industry though. I highly doubt exotics are both used for their leather AND eaten on a mass scale. Like mink, crocodile or something along those lines.

Edit: I would also argue there is at least one case of an animal product that IS ethical to consume and that's sheep wool. It might depend on the variety of sheep but if left unshorn sheep can literally suffer from the weight of their own wool, especially if left in the wild. This is a case where the relationship is purely symbiotic (unless we're eating them but then we wouldn't get the wool etc).

Edited by MonsterPaws
Economy
9 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

This only applies to the beef (and similar) industry though. I highly doubt exotics are both used for their leather AND eaten on a mass scale. Like mink, crocodile or something along those lines.

Edit: I would also argue there is at least one case of an animal product that IS ethical to consume and that's sheep wool. It might depend on the variety of sheep but if left unshorn sheep can literally suffer from the weight of their own wool, especially if left in the wild. This is a case where the relationship is purely symbiotic (unless we're eating them but then we wouldn't get the wool etc).

Well my reply was to the comment about lether specifically tho. Yes it only applies to them but that is what i was talking about

jacs vs looser

@HiddenWeirdo @RodeckDanny @MonsterPaws

There are already sustainable, plant-based alternatives to leather, just off the top of my head I know mangoes and pineapple waste can be turned into it. Not sure if the quality and durability are comparable tho :huh:.

I think more than anything, it's a matter of clothing brands (and the gp) adopting these new technologies,  refining them and reducing their production cost by mass manifacturing. Hopefully it happens soon.

Regarding OP, I'm really glad to read this, as it is definitely a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1