Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sam Smith ex-fan wishes them all the best

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Just now, JgHaus78 said:

She’s lucky it wasn’t Björk 

Omg! lol. That's obviously a totally different context but I will always stan Bjork for doing that. That reporter had followed her relentlessly for days and she snapped when the reporter said something to her son like "what's it like to have a pop star mom who doesn't listen to anyone." Bjork was fierce for that to be honest, and I'm not a fan of violence, but that story was so misconstrued. This reporter literally harassed and followed her and then asked her KID about her (talking **** about her). I'm sure bjork regretted it, but she was like totally justified imo. I think people also forget (me included, because I was young and didn't know about this until later) that bjork was one of the most famous people in the world (or at least the uk) at the time. So she was under enormous pressure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

There's something off about that video :huh: The way she's coming to them, and the face she's making after she's been pushed away, there's something more to this, it seems that it's not their first interaction and she was looking to achieve something here.

I agree, but I think the word you might be looking for is entitlement. 

4 minutes ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

i just wonder who here would to the same to G in the same circumstances.

Probably some people, and she probably would react differently, but that still doesn't make it okay or mean we should normalize this. So much of it is embedded in "celebrity" culture which I could talk for days about -- since it's about class and money and privilege and capitalism -- but I won't here. I will just say that it's not a cute look to do what that girl did. I mean she shouldn't be crucified for it either, she wasn't like egregiously wrong. But I think it's detrimental to us all when we perpetuate this culture of seeing celebs as "other" and then somehow treating them as less than human -- I think the issue goes both ways. I think the money gap is hugely problematic but that's another part of the issue. Sorry, I'm ramblin'!

Oriane
5 minutes ago, stvn said:

I agree, but I think the word you might be looking for is entitlement. 

This, but I think she's also faking the whole thing, approaching them by surprise and being shocked and sad afterwards.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

16 minutes ago, Oriane said:

This, but I think she's also faking the whole thing, approaching them by surprise and being shocked and sad afterwards.

Yeah I feel that vibe. I have reasons for not being a Sam Smith fan (not a fan of the music or the way music is stolen with no credits nor of many things they have said), but this is not the thing to cancel them for. I can see through her whole thing tbh. It felt like she was literally excited when they/the group shunned her, like she knew she could make it about her being a victim. She did not react the way a real fan would react if they had really just been hurt by their favorite star. I doubt she even stanned Sam to begin with -- just was looking for a video. Sorry, maybe I'm cynical, but am I wrong?

Oriane
5 minutes ago, stvn said:

Yeah I feel that vibe. I have reasons for not being a Sam Smith fan (not a fan of the music or the way music is stolen with no credits nor of many things they have said), but this is not the thing to cancel them for. I can see through her whole thing tbh. It felt like she was literally excited when they/the group shunned her, like she knew she could make it about her being a victim. She did not react the way a real fan would react if they had really just been hurt by their favorite star. I doubt she even stanned Sam to begin with -- just was looking for a video. Sorry, maybe I'm cynical, but am I wrong?

Yes and making the TikTok video with the music afterwards, it doesn't seem like she's that hurt by the whole thing, just trying to have her hit moment.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

RichAssPiss

Artists don't owe anyone anything when they're living their private lives. Honestly. Leave them alone.

Nathaniel Arven
3 hours ago, stvn said:

Probably some people, and she probably would react differently, but that still doesn't make it okay or mean we should normalize this.

you're so right. Also a lot of famous artists opened a debate about it. It's such a childish behaviour, but idk. I was mainly about not being to rude towards her. And giving her a bit of indulgence... 

Yeah she was a bit obnoxious chasing someone down like that with a camera but that friend is a douchebag and he should have serious words with him. He was quite aggressive 

They could’ve shouted leave us alone instead of “shut up dumb b**tch”. Who talks to people like that.

LilyLark
15 hours ago, MACATL said:

Yet we don’t know how long she had been following and/or harassing Sam or the group.   We know these few seconds.   

Yeah that's my take...tbh even this little bit is extreme but it's hard to believe they would pop off on her like that regardless...I suspect she might have been harassing them for longer than what the tik tok shows and then they lost it.

• Teletubby changed the title to Sam Smith ex-fan wishes them all the best

Archived