Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New Album Release Concept

LordByron28

Featured Posts

LordByron28

With the way streaming has changed the music industry. I wondered if splitting an album into mini-albums would work. Recalling back to a time where artists used to release A/B side singles on records and cassettes. Perhaps a collection of different mini-albums could work that together make up a whole body of work. Each mini-album having a concept, sound and theme that compliments the other mini-albums that make up the whole album. Here is an idea/example of something she could do:

-Mini-album 1- releases in March, 8 tracks sonically and thematically about New York. The album encapsulates New York's history as well as Gaga’s own past until the Fame era. Gaga has been more cognizant of communities of color as of recently which reflects in this album. It is NYC pop mixed with classic New York Jazz style. Each track has a 3rd influence based around NY style and influence on the genre:

1. Broadway influenced, upbeat track

2. Swing influenced upbeat track

2. Greenwich Village(Bob Dylan/60's Folk-Rock) influenced track

4. NY 80's Disco with 80's NY Rock influences

5. 90's Hip-hop and club music

6. Salsa music which was invented in NYC

7. NY 90's R&B

8 NY 90's House 

-2nd Mini-Album releases in July. It is based on US centric music, modern society and pop culture. Includes more political and self empowering music. Each track is pop music mixed with a few specific genre styles the city is known for. Here could be the cities:

1. Detroit 

2. Chicago

3. Nashville

4. Atlanta 

5. New Orleans

7. Austin

8. Los Angeles

-3rd Mini-album is 8 tracks and releases in October. It is based on the world, the future and more philosophical written material. Sonically it is made up of Dance, International EDM, and Avante-garde Pop. Each track is based on a certain location around the world:

1. Egypt- Middle Eastern/Ancient Egyptian EDM influence. Song told from Cleopatra's perspective about female empowerment, the middle east being the cradle of life during peace and the harbinger of death during chaos 

2. Bollywood, India- borrows a lot of bollywood and Indian EDM influence. Song more philosophical in thinking like the Dalai Lama and Ghandi.

3. Seoul, South Korea- K-Pop influence, upbeat song that paints an exciting, positive potential future for the world. 

4. Tokyo, Japan- J-Pop influence, upbeat satirical song about capitalism, overworking and exploitation 

5. Sydney, Australia- Lorde/Billie Eilish esque Alternative Pop sound with Australian EDM. Song is about kindness, bravery, and boldness.

6. Johannesberg, Africa- African EDM influence and heavy dance elements. Song is about cooperation and us all being humans.

7. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil- Latin American EDM with a Day of the Dead theme. 

8. Milan, Italy- ending the album with an Italian song. Heavy opera, Avante-garde Europop, and EDM influence.

Jessie J did something like that with her last album R.O.S.E., and I honestly wasn't a fan of it, because it felt to torn apart for me. I prefer the "classic" conceptual album.

I'd prefer artists to release multiple singles (again) and then drop the album afterwards.
Nowadays I have the feeling that the era almost ends like two weeks after the album dropped, because basically everyone knows the songs. Releasing more singles beforehand could work against that I think.

But your idea songs fun too, 8 tracks each would also be really nice as it might feel like a full album (like TFM did) and 24 tracks in a year would also be a blessing that nobody should complain about (we now that some still would tho).

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Nathaniel Arven

i don't think 8 is a mini album - And I think It would rather be one distinct sonic direction and more like chapters of a story (so that like --- same instruments but different music)

I don't really want to hear ... Multiple genre and each song is a genre like ARTPOP again. As much as the album might have been my fav from her, I really think that "a little bit of everything" makes everything too generic. 

But it's so funny to have all those concepts. Do you make music yourself ? Do you wish to ? Or have written songs but don't have a band ? (because I used to imagine a lot of concepts too - I think we're not the only one)

Archived