opinion

(spoilers) Ending scenes in HoG

Oyster

Featured Posts

RAMROD
17 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Let's hope these scenes are in the long "cut" like Ridley said

Ā 

Ridley did not promised anything, he said he might but doesn't mean he will. I hope this fanbase doesn't fall into the same trap all over again.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Ridley did not promised anything, he said he might but doesn't mean he will. I hope this fanbase doesn't fall into the same trap all over again.

Thatā€™s why I said ā€žhopeā€œ - thatā€™s still allowed to say right?Ā 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you šŸ§¹

danbekim
4 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

I wanted more post murder Patrizia.Ā 

me tooĀ 

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

Juanlittlem

We were robbed of her funeral look, also her actual detention.

I dont get how they didnt even mention their second daughter at allĀ 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ā¤ļø Teletubby.

pussycat

House of Gucci should have beenĀ about Patrizia and Maurizio only.Ā Ando, Paulo, Maurizio's father,.. their roles were too big.Ā Their scenes too long and too irrelevant sometimes to Patrizia's story. The struggle of Paulo for example could have been told WAY shorter. It felt like a side movie.

The movie was too much about House of Gucci to be aboutĀ Patrizia's murder,Ā but also too much about Patrizia to be aboutĀ House of Gucci. Focus on Patrizia.Ā Give herĀ a back story, let her meet Maurizio with his father dying shortly after, focus on herĀ build up with Maurizio and in Gucci and then have the murder and it'sĀ process. Thas it. Gaga was the main star and everybody knows it!Ā 

pussycat
6 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I dont get how they didnt even mention their second daughter at allĀ 

Idk proves that they did make plot choices to make it work. They shouldve made a LOT more choises like that imo.

Fame IV

The ending for me it's very emotional. And the song choice is terrific!

My favourite scene is Gaga in the court. She looks exactly like Patrizia! They portrait her as a desesperate woman, yet powerful, and I think it was better to end the film on this note. The climax was Maurizio's dead - after that the movie couldn't have more 30 minutes.

A Star is Born ā­

5 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

The editing throughout the movie was abrupt and awkward at times.

I wonder if people who went in completely blind could piece together the entire narrative, because it literally does cut

Spoiler

From Patrizia being a uni student to her being a mother in just about five minutes

Ā 

A lot must have been cut from the original version...weren't we also looking forward to a third-wall-breaking scene where "Patrizia addresses the audience?"

I think it would've been fun if they added the real people's photos during the "where are they now/what happened" part

Sneaky Oliver

The film should be cut shorter at the beginning so the end could last a little longer. It was too abrupt

Iā€™m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

Also when the film starts we get her voice over so I expected she would be telling the whole story to someone else towards the end but they never brought it backĀ :triggered:

Iā€™m on my Legacy Act era

ProfessionalClown
6 hours ago, Oyster said:

I thought gaga was amazing in HOG but I didn't really think the movie was that good and one thing that totally shocked me was how they did the ACTUAL MURDER. LIKE IT WAS SO ANTI-CLIMACTIC and kinda awkward. and then it later goes to literally 10 seconds of a court scene? What the hell was ridley thinking :cryga: I can't be the only one who thought this scene and in general the end was messy

I actually really loved the ending tbh. The actual murder was kinda how it actually happened and the court hearings, if Iā€™m not mistaken, weā€™re never really the focal point so it wouldnā€™t have done too much for the story. Iā€™m happy they left it the way they did.

ProfessionalClown
17 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Also when the film starts we get her voice over so I expected she would be telling the whole story to someone else towards the end but they never brought it backĀ :triggered:

Ā 

35 minutes ago, samaria said:

A lot must have been cut from the original version...weren't we also looking forward to a third-wall-breaking scene where "Patrizia addresses the audience?"

The writer said every version of the script had this except for the last one bc they said it felt too out of placeĀ 

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to (spoilers) Ending scenes in HoG

Archived