Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga as a brand like Disney?

LordByron28

Featured Posts

LordByron28

Do you think Gaga could develop Haus of Gaga and its different branches so it could become an art entertainment brand? Assuming that she continues to deliver stellar music, film, fashion, performances, philanthropy, and entertainment. Gaga at 35 has already accomplished a lot and have had numerous career highlights and continues to reach new heights. Every year of her career she has delivered multiple art performances of some variety. I've always felt that she possesses the drive, ability and desire to eventually turn her name into an art brand akin to Disney. It could be broken into 4 divisions Music, Fashion, Film, and Tech. 

The Haus of Gaga is her creative brand that helps design her outfits, looks and makeup. One branch, Haus Labs, has created two perfume lines and a makeup line. Gaga has a close relationship with Donatella Versace and was an ambassador for the brand. She has served as a model in a number of fashion runways, covered and given op-eds to fashion magazines as well as being in fashion films. Her playing Patrizia Gucci.. In addition to her fashion statements throughout her career from red carpets to Hotel entrances. Given Gaga’s close relationship with the fashion industry perhaps Haus of Gaga could start creating their own lines of clothing in collaboration with a major fashion label such as Versace. 

In regards to the music industry, I expect to see many more albums, soundtracks, and live performances for many decades from her. Perhaps in the next decade or so she could collaborate and foster her own team of music producers and writers. Eventually opening up her own sub-label under Interscope where her and her team could recruit new artists to their label. The new artists could collaborate with the team of writers, producers, and Gaga herself. 

As for film, I expect to see her in a number of quality films as well as hopefully exploring Broadway, animated films, video games, and talk show host. She has served as a creative director for Polaroid for a number of years and directed her own music video. Her and her team could create a film studio. Initially having it used for music videos for her and her sub-label. Eventually expanding the concept to include fashion films and short films with the end game eventually being major production films. 

Finally, she at one point had a tech division which was ultimately ended. She still likes to collaborate with tech by being in tech commercials, performing at Big Tech headquarters, or using iPhones to film her music video. She has always had an interest in tech but I'm unsure how she could develop that aspect into the brand concept. Her team could possibly collaborate with phone makers to make an exclusive Gaga model phone. Another option is her team collaborating with other companies to create apps/ games around art /music/film/fashion. Something like an art themed social media app could be possible as well if it learns from the mistakes of FB, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

LilyLark

No. I don't think she has the interest in that sort of thing and I also feel like Gaga herself is considered too 'polarizing' in some sense to develop that sort of branding a la Taylor, Beyonce, etc.

But it is an interesting thought!

AJRocketMan

That’s certainly an ambitious idea and I would be interested to see what that would look like, but I don’t think Gaga really shares that dream. But even if she did, I wouldn’t want her to. It sounds selfish on my part, but I feel Gaga being too commonplace and commercialized would ruin her mystique and take away what makes her special. I would hardly display interest in it anyways, as I love Gaga first and foremost for her music and I will always think of her as a singer above anything else.

I would love to see it happen, but Gaga would need to work overtime building a strong relationship with the public and hell, even us again, to make it work.

Gaga has the talent: she can act, sing, play instruments, rock anything in fashion and is committed in terms of philanthropy. All she needs is Taylor-level commitment with her audience and she would literally be unstoppable. Actually, both her and Beyonce can benefit from that.

Archived