Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think LG7 or another acting role will come next?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Gaga has said that as soon as A Star Is Born was released, the offers on her desk piled up. Ridley was one of them.

As we have seen from multiple featurettes, she seems way more confident and in charge of her character as she did before. Her portrayal of Ally Maine was already a Oscar-nominated powerful performance but she really took it another notch higher, I am sure more offers will be sent to her, if not movie then TV or both.

Do you think Gaga will star in another movie? Or perhaps she would want to try a miniseries instead? I recently just finished watching Impeachment: American Crime Story (Sarah Paulson) and Mare of Easttown (Kate Winslet) and I would love to see her lead a well-written TV series some day, though admittedly I do love the coverage from a blockbuster like A Star Is Born and House of Gucci.

The reason why I don't think LG7 will come that soon is because I don't think the Chromatica era is truly over. I believe she will want to tour it properly and give it a fuller experience before saying goodbye to it. This is arguably her most acclaimed album and she knows that, and people are still highly interested in how the album could be explored visually. LG7 won't come that soon imo.

• Bradley changed the title to Do you think LG7 or another acting role will come next?
LilyLark

I actually think LG8 will come first. She has a habit of releasing music every 2 years more or less. Moreover, with all the COVID restrictions...it's not like she could do much...so she was probably working in the studio like a lot of artists. I sort of wonder if that rock-ish sounding leak, that a lot thought might have been from the ASIB soundtrack, might be something new.

*I know she just dropped L4S, but they recorded that over four years...and it's an album of covers...so I'm not sure that would keep her from working on new music.

BlingNotTheMusic

DEF next album. Interscope lost a TON of money during the Chromatica era. They won't let her not release music lol

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

DEF next album. Interscope lost a TON of money during the Chromatica era. They won't let her not release music lol

Oh yeah, good point. Labels get a cut of touring, and since artists aren't touring (with a few exceptions like Harry Styles) they must be losing money.

BlingNotTheMusic
6 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Oh yeah, good point. Labels get a cut of touring, and since artists aren't touring (with a few exceptions like Harry Styles) they must be losing money.

Not only that but based on those docs that leaked earlier this year stating that the era was supposed to be 18 months, and even though the album sold considerably well, they were banking on huge numbers since ASIB upped the ante for sure. 

I'm also NOT a recording artist manager so these are simply my assumptions based on common sense of the industry :haroon:

EDIT: Oh I also forgot that L4S didn't hit #1 like C2C so more than likely they are pressuring her (even though she's "the boss")

25 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

What money did they lose? Lol they didn’t promote the album at all. They didn’t even invest in playlists. The album still sold 3 million copies worldwide, I’m sure that money can easily cover up the cost of 3 music videos.

Bradley
32 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Do you have a source for this claim?

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, Meat said:

What money did they lose? Lol they didn’t promote the album at all. They didn’t even invest in playlists. The album still sold 3 million copies worldwide, I’m sure that money can easily cover up the cost of 3 music videos.

They didn't lose money; they lost out on potential money. Labels get a good chunk of touring (pretty sure they even get a chunk out of her Vegas residency due to them owning her masters) and even with the Chromatica Ball only being 4 or 5 shows...that had to hurt them.

That said, they should have spent more money getting her on playlists. Chromatica did really well, especially when you look at Ariana, Miley, and Halsey's latest numbers...especially as the labels make nearly nothing off streaming but a lot off sales (and Gaga is a sales beast).

bloody g

Chromatica is dead and buried. To be honest she seems so excited to be an actress so I'd rather her focus on something she's passionate about.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

BlingNotTheMusic
16 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Do you have a source for this claim?

22 minutes ago, Meat said:

40 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Not only that but based on those docs that leaked earlier this year stating that the era was supposed to be 18 months, and even though the album sold considerably well, they were banking on huge numbers since ASIB upped the ante for sure. 

I'm also NOT a recording artist manager so these are simply my assumptions based on common sense of the industry :haroon:

EDIT: Oh I also forgot that L4S didn't hit #1 like C2C so more than likely they are pressuring her (even though she's "the boss")

See above

BlingNotTheMusic
11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

They didn't lose money; they lost out on potential money. Labels get a good chunk of touring (pretty sure they even get a chunk out of her Vegas residency due to them owning her masters) and even with the Chromatica Ball only being 4 or 5 shows...that had to hurt them.

That said, they should have spent more money getting her on playlists. Chromatica did really well, especially when you look at Ariana, Miley, and Halsey's latest numbers...especially as the labels make nearly nothing off streaming but a lot off sales (and Gaga is a sales beast).

Right like people don't understand that it's not like certain things didn't happen so therefore they made the money they made and that's it. These things were planned WAYY in advance (based on the docs that leaked earlier) so the record company allots a budget to the artist for the promo of the era and they are banking on the album and tour selling a certain amount which affects what type of promo the album gets. 

Therefore if they had planned for 18 months, they had 18 months of promo, events, articles, etc for the album. Since those didn't happen. They lost out on deal after deal after deal. And this obviously happened to more artists than Gaga so everyone got f*cked by sister COVID

Well, except Dua Lipa and her label (Warner) :bear:

I think she might put out a short album sooner than we think. But I think she'll probably do another movie as well

I feel like she wants to take a break for marriage etc but it would be a difficult time to take a break after just starting her acting career.. she'll get more offers now than she will in a few years because of hollywood being ageist towards women, so I think she would want to take advantage of her opportunity right now as much as possible

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Well, except Dua Lipa and her label (Warner) :bear:

I like Dua and am scared to say this cause I don't want to start a stan war lol....but I sort of think her (US) success isn't anywhere near as big as it appears to be. She's obviously a massive streaming artist and wildly successful in the UK, but FN opened with very poor pure sales numbers and didn't even break 70k in its opening week. I think it topped out at 3 on BB200 despite all of the massive press she's received over the past two years & the playlist positions (not to mention the million remixes, features, and editions help her streaming numbers). The thing is...the labels only make so much off streaming..so I'm wondering if Warner will push her so hard, yet again, in the US for her next album.

Again, don't get me wrong, she's VERY successful, but I feel like her press is disproportionate to her success. Harry Styles is putting up bigger numbers WW and so on, etc.

BlingNotTheMusic
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I like Dua and am scared to say this cause I don't want to start a stan war lol....but I sort of think her (US) success isn't anywhere near as big as it appears to be. She's obviously a massive streaming artist and wildly successful in the UK, but FN opened with very poor pure sales numbers and didn't even break 70k in its opening week. I think it topped out at 3 on BB200 despite all of the massive press she's received over the past two years & the playlist positions (not to mention the million remixes, features, and editions help her streaming numbers). The thing is...the labels only make so much off streaming..so I'm wondering if Warner will push her so hard, yet again, in the US for her next album.

Again, don't get me wrong, she's VERY successful, but I feel like her press is disproportionate to her success. Harry Styles is putting up bigger numbers WW and so on, etc.

How DARE YOU insult Dula Peeps, how f*cking dare you! :grr:

Jk that's actually a good point, but after some digging I found this article (https://www.musicweek.com/labels/read/warner-records-president-phil-christie-on-new-heights-for-dua-lipa-as-she-tops-q1-sales/083001

Which says it was #3 in album sales for 2020 but as of April 2021, it was selling the most including those released this year. So Warner definitely got more with FN than a lot of other releases. Not to mention they foot the bill and could afford a free digital concert like Studio 2054, not to mention the Collab with Kylie. And the album had FIVE music videos excluding "Fever" and "We're Good" from the Moonlight Edition.

All in all, they did pretty well considering the pandemic.

berlinforme
8 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I sort of agree but I also think that her big presence helped Dua become a very 'established' artist. And that can at least potentially be a very worthy investment, too. I'm sure now the initial numbers of her next album will be higher. This album was a really organic hit, the songs have been on the charts for ages now. 

Archived