Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

GTA Trilogy has seemingly removed confederate flag from Vice City

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch

When it releases this November, it seems like Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition will be ditching the Confederacy's flag.

The change, first spotted by Kotaku, can be found during the collection's trailer. One scene shows Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's Tommy jumping away from an explosion, with Phil Cassidy right next to him. However, Phil's shirt, which sported a Confederate flag in the game's original release, now has a simple skull in its place.

Ultimately, Rockstar's removal of the Confederate flag from its games isn't much of a surprise. The flag, a symbol of the short-lived nation founded in the southern United States that fought in the Civil War to continue practicing slavery, has found a resurgence over the past decade. The flag was notably flown by insurrectionists during the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rockstar is among a growing number of companies explicitly distancing itself from the flag, which the Anti-Defamation League lists as a hate symbol. In 2015, Apple began removing games from its App Store for displaying the Confederate flag and in 2020, the flag was similarly banned from Forza games by Microsoft. It's not clear if other content changes regarding sensitive issues in the GTA Trilogy are also being made.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-trilogy-seemingly-removes-the-confederate-flag-from-vice-city/1100-6497449/?UniqueID=DDDB213C-37F5-11EC-AEAF-AB840EDC252D&ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a&ServiceType=facebook_page&TheTime=2021-10-28T13%3A49%3A26&PostType=link&fbclid=IwAR1u8Znsy59X7DD7wpBGPDp_TC8XnAScxBaFBWFV5km0Cfq_srRtN2suqbs

4 minutes ago, bionic said:

Good. Why tribute the LOSERS of a war?

It’s hardly even tributes to them in the first place, it’s entirely a racist symbol. It only became a significant historical symbol during the civil rights movement when white people would hang it up to oppose desegregation. 

FATCAT
52 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

It’s hardly even tributes to them in the first place, it’s entirely a racist symbol. It only became a significant historical symbol during the civil rights movement when white people would hang it up to oppose desegregation. 

This. I'm glad they removed it, let it be so obscure that it only denotes the real racists. 

Purr more, hiss less.

• 2 weeks later...
RAMROD

:billie:   

Love how that they have conscience enough to do this without anyone asking them to. :applause:

Now we about to see some neckbeards crying over this on social media. :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheDemonIClingTo
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

Now we about to see some neckbeards crying over this on social media. :poot:

Let's hear them sing teary-eyed If I leave here tomorrow, would you remember me?

sillynate

I saw an image on Reddit showing some of the different character models and animations between the og releases and the definitive ones. Somehow people are playing the game early (unless it’s already out in New Zealand or something :oprah:)

one of the comparisons on the image is a confederate flag from San Andreas swapped out for a USA flag in that mission where you rob that mans house with Ryder  and take his guns. There’s a lot of people mad about these flag changes on other forums but like… why be mad about that when there’s many other actually valid criticisms from this release :billie: 

this is where I’d post the image but since the games aren’t out yet (where I live at least) and I don’t wanna get cold waffles I’ll post these silly videos I found on YouTube instead 

Archived