💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Eternals - Marvel film dubbed 'most disappointing' MCU movie

CyanDante

Featured Posts

thatfoxyfeeling

Honestly seems like 2021 is the year that majority of films flopped and got negative/luke warm reviews, is this a sign that HoG is gonna be the most critically acclaimed film of 2021? :vegas:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whigney Houstan

IMO Marvel needs to switch it up, their storytelling is getting complacent.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Chloe brought to this one (if Marvel didn't tamper with her vision too much:saladga:).

CyanDante
13 minutes ago, LDGA said:

This defines like 90% of the MCU, took them like 10 years to realize they are all the same, is the same plot, energy, jokes , action scenes repetead all over. 

I feel like going by the reviews, Eternals probably doesn't have the USP that Marvel brings to its movies. 

They are basically saying it tries to emulate DC and is failing at it.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

RAMROD
41 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I mean, how many superheroes movies are the public gonna need to understand it is always the same plot? Nothing new, nothing changes, same old sht. :ladyhaha: I guess it's time for people to stop supporting this kind of movie. And the critics should be the first to let MCU die. 

I love Angelina Jolie tho and I'm willing to watch this mess because of her.

Your reply is as expected as it gets from a non comic book fan who enjoy trashing one blindly :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

CannaeDrive
54 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I mean, how many superheroes movies are the public gonna need to understand it is always the same plot? Nothing new, nothing changes, same old sht. :ladyhaha: I guess it's time for people to stop supporting this kind of movie. And the critics should be the first to let MCU die. 

Ngl, I feel like you have to suspend all your mental & intellectual faculties to be able to watch these superheroes cr*p.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

PlastiscGuy
18 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Ngl, I feel like you have to suspend all your mental & intellectual faculties to be able to watch these superheroes cr*p.

But it isn't that serious? Like, not everything has to have a deep meaning, or be something for intellectuals only. Some people just want to have fun, be entertained... :green:

It's really arrogant and pretentious.

PG.

i used to think superhero movies were the whole "same plot/same story" thing until i actually watched them

i'm not saying you need to like them! but why come in here with a stick up your butt just to wind people up? learning to enjoy things is a great skill to have 🥰

mother, what must i do?

zakariah

I think this was kind of expected?

when the social media reactions came out, majority of them were about how 'different' Eternals was to other marvel movies, and how the movie is 'very deep and dense' and that 'there was a lot to take in', but very few actually outright said they liked or disliked it. the reaction has been pretty lukewarm.

Chromatican
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

It has 71% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 41 reviews.

It's not 25% or something so let's not exaggerate and I'm not even a Marvel fan.

The reviews are pretty lukewarm to negative though. Some of the "Fresh" RT blurbs mention the film barely warranted a "Fresh" tomato or point out it's flaws, and coming from the MCU which is generally acclaimed, from a Best Picture, Director winner the outcome is not great.

RAMROD
1 hour ago, PopEmergency said:

There is no way that this movie is worse then the incredible hulk :laughga:

It won't. Grace from Beyond The Trailer who already sawbit says that it is not as bad as Thor The Dark World. So it won't bebworse than Hulk.

I honestly still believe in The Feige. People forgot how meh early of phase 1 of MCU was, until in gets good in Phase 2 and gets brilliant on phase 3.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Franch Toast

As someone who usually doesn't care for action films, this makes me excited. I like Chloé Zhao's directing style, and I'm all about creating complex characters and lush cinematography. 

She/Her/Hers

JaysAMess

Critics are irrelevant to me, I'm just so hyped to see this. Angelina getting praise, we love to see it. :vegas:

2 hours ago, DanielM said:

Post some superhero movies that all have the same plot. Genuinely curious, because I've never watched a cbm that's had the same plot as another.

Archived