Jump to content
music news

Dua & Lana management team to scout singer for UK's Eurovision 2022


Featured Posts

Teletubby

The United Kingdom's 'Eurovision Song Contest' entrant for 2022 will be chosen by Dua Lipa's management.

TaP Music, is set to search for the singer to compete for the United Kingdom in the 2022 'Eurovision Song Contest'

The BBC has partnered with TaP Music – who also manage the likes of Lana Del Rey. Little Mix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Ellie Goulding – to scout a pop star to compete at the televised song contest, which will be held at the PalaOlimpico in Turin, Italy after Rome's Maneskin won the 2021 competition with 'Zitti E Buoni'.

And their entry single is set to be released on a major record label to further boost the nation's chances of victory.

The UK once again suffered a major blow after James Newman – the brother of 'Love Me Again' hitmaker John Newman – scored nil points in May with his performance of 'Embers' in Rotterdam.

source

  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
FameMonster01

honestly even if Dua Lipa competed in eurovision, she wouldn't win and that's a fact 

like imagine if she went against måneskin this year? no way in hell she would win

  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ororo Munroe
4 minutes ago, Yennefer Stark said:

Rina? :bradley:

no, please, Eurovision gays would do her dirty. she deserves better. 

I'm gonna give the gays everything they want.
Link to post
Share on other sites
FentyGa

dua should do it

 although idk if she would be allowed to compete for the uk or if she’d have to represent albania? regardless, she would be great for it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Teletubby
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

dua should do it

 although idk if she would be allowed to compete for the uk or if she’d have to represent albania? regardless, she would be great for it

she was born in London so she can represent UK but she is busy, she is touring whole next year :lolly:

Link to post
Share on other sites
FameMonster01
29 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

dua should do it

 although idk if she would be allowed to compete for the uk or if she’d have to represent albania? regardless, she would be great for it

she would be more unable to compete for Albania since none of her family is from Albania, but Kosovo, and Kosovo isn't competing at Eurovision

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
13 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

she would be more unable to compete for Albania since none of her family is from Albania, but Kosovo, and Kosovo isn't competing at Eurovision

 

Australian Gina G represented the UK in 1996.
American Katrina Leskanich (and the Waves) won for the UK.

British singer Irene Sheer has represented Luxembourg in 1974, Germany in 1978 and back to representing Luxembourg again in 1985.

Luxembourg was also represented by Greek singer Nana Mouskouri in 1963. British born Lisa Andrea represented Cyprus in 2004.

Celine Dion (a French Canadian represented Switzerland in 1988). 
 

Not only did Celine Dion win the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest, but she was the first performer on stage in the 1989 Eurovision Song Contest and sang an English song 

:huntyga:
source: https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Celine-Dion-participate-in-Eurovision-in-1988-given-that-shes-Canadian-How-did-this-happen/answer/Nicholas-Stone-5

Edited by Blastertoyo
please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
FameMonster01
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Australian Gina G represented the UK in 1996.
American Katrina Leskanich (and the Waves) won for the UK.

British singer Irene Sheer has represented Luxembourg in 1974, Germany in 1978 and back to representing Luxembourg again in 1985.

Luxembourg was also represented by Greek singer Nana Mouskouri in 1963. British born Lisa Andrea represented Cyprus in 2004.

Celine Dion (a French Canadian represented Switzerland in 1988). 
 

Not only did Celine Dion win the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest, but she was the first performer on stage in the 1989 Eurovision Song Contest and sang an English song 

:huntyga:

Sure in theory she could do it, but I don't know if FiK ( albanian national final) allows people who don't hold an albanian citizienship, to compete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Blastertoyo
33 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

Sure in theory she could do it, but I don't know if FiK ( albanian national final) allows people who don't hold an albanian citizienship, to compete

 

Lindita was born in Kosovo and moved to the US in 2013 before doing American Idol in 2016 and representing Albania in 2017 Eurovision so it’s possible for Dua too it seems

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death
Link to post
Share on other sites
Debithius

If Flo Rida could compete for San Marino then Dua can sure as hell compete for the UK or Albania.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yennefer Stark
2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

no, please, Eurovision gays would do her dirty. she deserves better. 

I won't allow it 

ECEK44GUEAI5Qav.jpg

Formally known as Ibo
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...