Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Era traumatized Gaga

Lighter

Featured Posts

Versace
2 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

These are just fan favorites.

Sour Candy was literally a guaranteed #1 hit just because of the feature. 

DITD and Scheisse could have gone top 10 or top 5 but everyone forgets that Paparazzi (a song that was heavily promoted and had career (re)defining and iconic high profile live performances was only #6 and BTW (#1), You & I (#6) and EOG (#3) were top 10, with Judas at #10. I really don’t think Scheisse was ever the guaranteed hit everyone seems to think it was, certainly not with Adele and Katy ruling the charts at the time,  but there’s no denying Sour Candy absolutely was and is still a guaranteed number one, just like any BTS song is now/was in 2020

I wasn’t trying to suggest that DITD and Scheisse were definite #1 had they became singles. I just meant that among Gaga’s discography they are some of the songs with high potential to succeed as singles (top 10 most likely with iconic videos that could’ve been). 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Gaga is a performer so one of the things that she missed during the pandemic was being able to be in front of her fans and put on a great show as always. Yes she probably got depressed that the album cycle had to be mostly cancelled and didn't go as planned because she worked hard for this to be her "Return to her dance roots" but what can she do ? The pandemic cancelled everyone's plans. I know she's mature enough to understand that most of the world had it worse and the fact that she postponed the release of it at first so she could focus on raising money to help speaks more about the person she is.

I wouldn't say she's "traumatized" to the point of not wanting to make another pop album, but yet again things out of her hands affected what she expected this era to look like but I think and hope she will be ok. This is Lady Gaga we're talking about.

She's an adult I'm sure she can differenciate something that happened because of her management and something that happened because of a world crisis.

insight
6 hours ago, BrownEyes08 said:

She should go into a more mature sound. She has success in this genre and if she really wants success this is her last option. I always thought she wouldn't care about charts at all.

I can see monsters loosing their marbles over a Joanne - ASIB sound 🙈😂

I can imagine that she was traumatized by what happened in the world (Covid, BLM), but she was probably just sad that she had to postpone / cancel plans for Chromatica because of it, and this is a big difference.

At last she started working on projects that could be done more safely/certainly in a pandemic, which is understandable.

I hope that when possible, TCB will be held. Vegas shows that she still loves to perform.

She’s not traumatized. The Chromatica cancellation is way different than ARTPOP’s cancellations. COVID caused Chromatica’s downfall. What traumatized Gaga during ARTPOP is everyone using her and then leaving her, and literally everything got messed up. She was also abusing drugs during the ARTPOP era. 

1 hour ago, insight said:

I can see monsters loosing their marbles over a Joanne - ASIB sound 🙈😂

A mature sound doesn’t mean Joanne or ASIB sound though. She could still do a pop sound. My dream is that she works with Magdalena Bay one day. Their debut album Mercurial World is a sound that’s coming back and I think it would be a great sound for Gaga to try, though it’s not necessarily “mature”

salty like sodium
8 hours ago, Lighter said:

But in my opinion, i’d want her to try one more time, just give the attempt for another BTW era moment another shot, before she turns 40 and radio’s ageism completely pulls her off their rotations.

Speaking of this, do we think ageism will be kinder to singers like Adele, Taylor Swift and Rihanna? Curious here.

It’s ****ed up to guess and hypothesize someone’s trauma anyway so this thread isn’t it. Like I get what you’re trying to say but it’s phrased weird. Like stop guessing people’s trauma it’s gross like we’re literally debating someone’s mental health ew

ShayCristoforo

At this point, every pop era has traumatized her.  lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

LunaUniverse
57 minutes ago, Oyster said:

It’s ****ed up to guess and hypothesize someone’s trauma anyway so this thread isn’t it. Like I get what you’re trying to say but it’s phrased weird. Like stop guessing people’s trauma it’s gross like we’re literally debating someone’s mental health ew

I share this sentiment about this whole thing. Tbh I’m starting to get kinda tired of hearing people make up their reasons as to why there’s been little spotlight to Chromatica, like the truth has always been RIGHT there and beaten into fans heads time and again. Trauma is a very heavy word

1# Samoyed Stan

G U C C I
1 hour ago, salty like sodium said:

Speaking of this, do we think ageism will be kinder to singers like Adele, Taylor Swift and Rihanna? Curious here.

I honestly think so. I mean that group of women (Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, Taylor, Rihanna) appeared on the world stage and have yet to leave it with them defining themselves individually as forces to be reckoned with. Whether its movies, music, makeup or fashion they have the ability to continue to be the main women for at least the next decade before attention may shift from them. Taylor & Adele may have more kindness from radio than the others due to insane numbers from sales and streaming but Gaga could easily command that with the right album. Just look at ASIB success. If she made an album full of songs like ARUTW, Look What I Found, and Is That Alright she would be number one hands down. 

Archived