💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billy Porter hits out at Vogue

Teletubby

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

He has valid points, but at the end of the day, putting Harry Styles on the cover is going to sell magazines. The same can't be said for Billy.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Shouldn’t we celebrate the fact we’re now living in a society where people like Harry Styles can do it freely? Wasn’t this the whole point of these decades of fights and suffering?

Yes we should but Harry is praised for it while Billy etc are still judged for it. Harry gets to take the costume off but for other people it is their lives and people still don't understand and accept it.

buy bionic

4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

but at the end of the day, putting Harry Styles on the cover is going to sell magazines.

The same can't be said for Billy.

:air:

the cinderella movie did push him even more into the spotlight, it was brilliant career move i'd say

bionic
1 minute ago, dojo said:

:air:

the cinderella movie did push him even more into the spotlight, it was brilliant career move i'd say

i dont know anyone who watched that

buy bionic

Bradley

This is incredibly rude and self-entitled of Billy. If I had shown support and love for a community and they said those things about me I'd be so incredibly hurt.

Bradley
19 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

He has valid points, but at the end of the day, putting Harry Styles on the cover is going to sell magazines. The same can't be said for Billy.

I feel like "all he has to do is be white and straight" is incredibly exclusive of supportive allies. Like what did Harry even do wrong?

Harry Styles wore a dress like David Bowie did. It’s a garment that was even worn by Jesus lol. Billy needs to get over it and for all the people acting like Harry was universally praised have been living in a cave. Every right wing idiot from Piers to Candace Owen dug in and criticised him. It’s a much bigger deal for a supposedly straight pop star to do it than Porter and creates a bigger conversation. 

enissa11
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

Billy Porter- who often wears dresses at red carpet events - explained  'I created the conversation [about non-binary fashion] and yet Vogue still put Harry Styles, a straight white man, in a dress on their cover for the first time.

It's great that Billy started the conversation but this is like somebody saying 'I did it first so that means nobody else can'. He should be happy that something he started is catching on. 

not at all, he's just saying it's a cover about non-binary fashion, you better put someone who's actually queer that knows and lives non-binary fashion instead of you're guy next door straight ally.

Mad Architect of Light

Harry styles is also like 100x more attractive than billy porter and this is the cover of Vogue oop
. And don’t tell me that it’s because Harry is white Bc lil nas x would be even hotter. Billy is just pressed and has always been embarrassing 

MelbHawker

Anyone should be able to wear what they want. That’s how I interpreted Harry’s Vogue cover. Porter just screams bitter here.. he didn’t invent this whole conversation, what a self centered knob. He aided it. :toofunny: Trying to diminish this because he ain’t the one on the cover.. I honestly just roll my eyes.

skaxboy

I can see both sides. I think it’s important to have a flamboyant gay man wear feminine outfits as much as a presumably straight man wear androgynous fashions. Both are breaking barriers but Harry is a household name so it makes sense that they would choose him. No doubt that gay men are trailblazers in fashion but I tend to see Billy’s looks as more costume than Harry’s more subtle neutral looks. 

1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I feel like "all he has to do is be white and straight" is incredibly exclusive of supportive allies. Like what did Harry even do wrong?

he is white and he's a man

Archived