Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

NPR: Jesy Nelson “Boring blackfish, bad Camilla impression”

Rebel

Featured Posts

SchwineLove
5 hours ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

The sad thing is that this is tamed compared to the 2000s headlines. 

2000s headlines are horrible on crossing the privacy line but I think never this opinionated and out of proportion. this sounds just like a high school bully, not edgy harsh type of tabloid headline.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PawsUpJago

Where's did they lie though? Aside from I disagree with the notion that Nicki can save a track with two bars, all her feature stuff has been so tired to me for years now. 

PunkTheFunk
7 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

Wow today's media is so....scary lol. I can't believe they can write like that

...What is so scary about this? :lmao:

DrKindnessKunt1999
2 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

2000s headlines are horrible on crossing the privacy line but I think never this opinionated and out of proportion. this sounds just like a high school bully, not edgy harsh type of tabloid headline.

I’m just hoping that Jesy doesn't read this headline. 

flyaway
5 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

I mean c'mon, use your head, Jesy Nelson is not okay mentally, she went through a lot of mental health issues you cannot do that 

For one side, I agree that the media should be more careful of the way they put their words. As far as I know, the girl was bullied for her physical appearance, which is one of the lamest things you can do to a human being. That's despicable and shallow. 

As for them calling her out for being boring and giving uninteresting content, I think that can be helpful for her to get better as an artist. In a way, Dua Lipa got better after being criticized before. She used it to her own benefit and it worked. 

And I think that's a main issue in today's industry. Everyone thinks that lying and telling people that they are perfect is the same as being kind. That's the very reason everyone's so boring today. A cute face without any interesting content.

hieronymus
8 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

Wow today's media is so....scary lol. I can't believe they can write like that

What? Honestly?

2 minutes ago, flyaway said:

For one side, I agree that the media should be more careful of the way they put their words. As far as I know, the girl was bullied for her physical appearance, which is one of the lamest things you can do to a human being. That's despicable and shallow. 

As for them calling her out for being boring and giving uninteresting content, I think that can be helpful for her to get better as an artist. In a way, Dua Lipa got better after being criticized before. She used it to her own benefit and it worked. 

And I think that's a main issue in today's industry. Everyone thinks that lying and telling people that they are perfect is the same as being kind. That's the very reason everyone's so boring today. A cute face without any interesting content.

That was not my point, u can criticize without being so mean. 

It serves a better purpose and it's a better read, and ur a better journalist if you explain why you think it's boring. Just throwing mean words out there is juvenile & mean. If it's boring explain why? Is it the use of the sample Bad boyz for life? Is it the looks, the choreographies, the vocals, the lyrics, how is it boring and in what way do u think it could've been better? How do u think her career can evolve? What do u wish her single sounded more like? Ete etc that's journalistic work, saying boring, ugly, and bad camilla impression is what Twitter ppl say it's easy

Cruelty
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

That was not my point, u can criticize without being so mean. 

It serves a better purpose and it's a better read, and ur a better journalist if you explain why you think it's boring. Just throwing mean words out there is juvenile & mean. If it's boring explain why? Is it the use of the sample Bad boyz for life? Is it the looks, the choreographies, the vocals, the lyrics, how is it boring and in what way do u think it could've been better? How do u think her career can evolve? What do u wish her single sounded more like? Ete etc that's journalistic work, saying boring, ugly, and bad camilla impression is what Twitter ppl say it's easy

Genuine question, did you read the review? Because most of this is addressed.

Looks/choreographies: aren't addressed, because it's reviewing the song not the video.

Vocals: 'a nondescript vocal that attempts to invoke the spirit of "Dirrty"-era Christine Aguilera but ends up being a bad Camila Cabello impression.'

Lyrics: 'toothless lyrics about liking men with tattoos'

How is it boring: that's covered by everything the reviewer says.

In what way could it have been better/how do you think her career can evolve: that's really not a reviewer's job. Despite this, the review does mention that the Diddy sample is incompatible with Jesy's song, so that's one suggestion of how the song could be improved.

The word 'ugly' is nowhere to be found in the review so I don't know where you've got that from.

I really don't think an NPR writer needs to be told how to do her job. This is only a two paragraph review but it manages to talk about Jesy's image, the effectiveness of the sample, lyrics, vocal performance, comparisons with other artists, and the success of the song as a whole. Yes it's an overwhelmingly negative review, but that's because... the reviewer just didn't think the song is very good. Are you expecting them to lie to spare Jesy's feelings or something? Negative objective criticism doesn't constitute 'being mean'.

PropaGaga
7 hours ago, Gimme More said:

They clearly have zero or limited knowledge about her.

Kind of like her knowledge about the black culture she claims to love so much :whitney:

Agunimon
8 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

For someone who went thru suicidal attempts I don't think it's responsible to be this harsh, I think you can criticize her art without being so vile about it. I don't like Selena Gomez but i wouldn't as a journalist say "Her voice sounds like a mouse, no talent, boring, and only famous for being with Bieber". I mean you could just say "Although her vocals are not the strongest what I didn't like was the simplicity of the lyrics that sound too juvenile, and the beat that blah blah blah" 

I mean c'mon, use your head, Jesy Nelson is not okay mentally, she went through a lot of mental health issues you cannot do that 

Is it really that harsh to call her boring, though? She's a public figure who signed up for a solo career. Surely she expected some criticism. Mental issues aside, if one is too hurt for someone saying that they aren't a household name because their songs are boring, they might be in the wrong career as a pop star or an entertainer in general. Being someone who deals with mental issues does not mean that they are exempt from criticism from the general public to whom they supply content. I think there's a huge difference between this review and what Twitter haters say about her. This is pretty constructive and gives clear examples and descriptions as to why the song fell short, for them.

Gimme More
Just now, NeonSkeleton said:

So this is Gaga, drunk out of her mind, posing with strangers in a club eleven years ago. The context could not be more different.

Even if the comparison was in any way valid,

1) What kind of argument is 'Gaga's done it too'?

and 2) I literally can't believe you're trying to tear Lady Gaga down for the sake of Jesy Nelson, OF ALL PEOPLE.

I'm just saying Jesy isn't purposely going out of her way to pretend she is Black nor is she hugging people obviously doing blackface.

So let's not tear down others and be hypocrites about certain situations.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived