đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (Discussion)

Opulence

Featured Posts

salty like sodium

I don't get that people prefer the final Thunder to the demo, but other than that I'm living for this.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy
4 hours ago, La Rosalia said:

Nectar of the Gods shouldn’t have been officially released, it’s so boring. 

It should at least have been reworked! It's just so... flat :green:

PG.

La Rosalia
48 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

I don't get that people prefer the final Thunder to the demo, but other than that I'm living for this.

For me, the album version is better because it has a build up and the intro feels more dramatic. I love the leaked version too though.

LeJudas

Did anybody like it?

After NFR everything is just so disappointing and samey. Except for white dress and dark but just a game from COCC 

Tom Nook
9 hours ago, FameMonster01 said:

I also agree that everything after LFL hasn't been as good.

And this albums falls into that less good albums categories (NFR,COCC,BB) 

9 hours ago, Versace said:

Should I check It out? Everything after Lust For Life hasn’t been my cup of tea (NFR stans don’t @ me). 

Not y’all hating on Norman ****ing Rockwell :air: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Arcadia
21 minutes ago, Tom Nook said:

Not y’all hating on Norman ****ing Rockwell :air: 

Not the #1 most acclaimed female record of the last 25 years!

Spoiler

(According to Pitchfork listeners) :bon:

salty like sodium
5 hours ago, La Rosalia said:

For me, the album version is better because it has a build up and the intro feels more dramatic. I love the leaked version too though.

No offense and I respect your pov but to me those are very weak reasons to say something is "better". The demo version to me has a very old-school, almost western-like feel that is absolutely missing from the finished version. It completely changes the mood of the song imo and makes it lose a lot of the magic the demo had to me

LilyLark

It's good, but I feel like I'm the only one who....doesn't feel like it's terribly cohesive? I keep hearing people saying it's the same sound, but Dealer doesn't match with Blue Banisters and so on imo.

I don't know...I kind of wish she had just put out an album of old songs as Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, and Thunder are the superior tracks. Fans definitely would buy a "Lana Unreleased" album.

My unpopular opinion is Chemtrails has aged fairly well (yeah, I know it's only been a year but still...). COCC didn't "hook" me but it still feels fresh when I listen to it on occasion. I'm not sure Blue Banisters will be the same way.

NYC Monster

Better than Chemtrails by miles, but it still didn't hit like her previous work. She's reallyy lost her touch 

smokeandhush

Guys give it a few more listens. It’s yet another great album. For sure beats COCC. There’s literally no skips until 12. Nectar of the gods. 
Highlights: Wildfire Wildflower (career highlight), Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, Violets for Roses, IYLDNTM, Thunder

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Poltergeist

Sadly, as I've expected, another album I don't vibe with...

And the worst thing is probably how one of my favorite unreleased tracks got mutilated :bradley:

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

Archived