news

Love For Sale (Album Trailer)

Bazaar

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

I love their friendship so much. Tony seems like such a gentle soul and he truly believes so much in Gaga's talent and ambition! 

I have heard the song LFS by Ella Fitzgerald several times but never truly paid attention to the lyrics until watching this video this morning at work. I found a really cool article about it and what a stir it caused in the 1930's. Here is the link if anyone else is interested: https://www.nycitycenter.org/About/Blog/2017/love-for-sale/

Bradley
6 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

I love their friendship so much. Tony seems like such a gentle soul and he truly believes so much in Gaga's talent and ambition! 

I have heard the song LFS by Ella Fitzgerald several times but never truly paid attention to the lyrics until watching this video this morning at work. I found a really cool article about it and what a stir it caused in the 1930's. Here is the link if anyone else is interested: https://www.nycitycenter.org/About/Blog/2017/love-for-sale/

“It was ridiculous,” recalled Elisabeth. “‘Love for Sale’ was the song of a prostitute and they gave it to a little pink and white blonde girl. She looked like a pretty schoolgirl, which was entirely wrong for this kind of song. She was totally unsuitable for such a number….The critics attacked ‘Love for Sale’ so much that Cole Porter left for Paris in a rage three days after the show opened. So they realized they had to replace her.”

I never thought there were these connotations. I always thought that it was just a character "selling" love because she had so much of them to share. :shocked:

CannaeDrive

Oh, I love this so much, and those tears in my eyes...:bradley:

I will so enjoy this album and everything that come with it, performances, visuals, documentaries, bring it on.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Shipper

This is so touching cause Tony just passed on his torch to Gaga and this is so beautiful. I can see Gaga doing the same all the way to her 90s collaborating with new artists and releasing jazz albums. The beautiful chemistry and cycle of artistry continues and is passed on and jazz remains alive and relevant. 

:messga:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

G U C C I
17 minutes ago, Bradley said:

“It was ridiculous,” recalled Elisabeth. “‘Love for Sale’ was the song of a prostitute and they gave it to a little pink and white blonde girl. She looked like a pretty schoolgirl, which was entirely wrong for this kind of song. She was totally unsuitable for such a number….The critics attacked ‘Love for Sale’ so much that Cole Porter left for Paris in a rage three days after the show opened. So they realized they had to replace her.”

I never thought there were these connotations. I always thought that it was just a character "selling" love because she had so much of them to share. :shocked:

Lol older jazz can be quite naughty and even have lyrics or messages that can be considered pretty salacious even today for some people. I just never paid close enough attention to this song in particular because it was never a favorite. But others like I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl or Shave'em Dry are an interesting listen given the time period they were recorded in!! 

V nice but I also wish she’d stop talking about jazz like it’s this hemmoraghing genre when it’s super vibrant and alive rn. Even singing covers is not a dead thing. It just reads as super out of touch to the scene she proclaims to love so much *especially* as most of the pioneering jazz artists right now are people of color. Idk it just rubs me the wrong way and isn’t really even necessary to say when you could just say that last part about keeping it alive singing it your whole career or whatever.

NewUsername

If this doesn't warm your heart, then I don't know what will :flutter: 

I'm so excited for the album and the documentary and specials etc. I muted this video when they were singing to not get spoilt yet though :p

Roseblud Kisses
41 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

V nice but I also wish she’d stop talking about jazz like it’s this hemmoraghing genre when it’s super vibrant and alive rn. Even singing covers is not a dead thing. It just reads as super out of touch to the scene she proclaims to love so much *especially* as most of the pioneering jazz artists right now are people of color. Idk it just rubs me the wrong way and isn’t really even necessary to say when you could just say that last part about keeping it alive singing it your whole career or whatever.

You’re being very cynical, she just means that jazz is something that should be universally treasured instead of being dismissed by pop, rock, rap and dance music stans.

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Archived