đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Tragedy of Macbeth receives critical acclaim (100% on RT)

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ororo Munroe
8 minutes ago, Dennis said:

No, the trailer alone from ASIB generated a lot of positive buzz remember? The trailer of Gucci created mixed reactions.

I follow a few cinema lovers telegram channels and all of them were shooketh by her performance in HoG trailer!

But let’s see, I guess! I hope she gets a nomination. 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Just now, Bradley said:

Let's just settle at you not having the ability to discern the GP from Gaga fans then.

Look I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and Gaga gets nominated. But why would I be setting myself for disappointment?
The movie seems to be missing all the festivals. And the leaks indicate that it still had poor editing as of recently so it needs more time. So when exactly is the buzz happening if the movie is released too late?

It'll likely be a non-event, even if it receives okay reviews. 

Bradley
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

I follow a few cinema lovers telegram channels and all of them were shooketh by her performance in HoG trailer!

But let’s see, I guess! I hope she gets a nomination. 

Me too. I follow multiple cinephile accounts who rarely post about female actors and they were all sharing about House of Gucci when the trailer and character posters dropped.

So much for "95% of little monsters". And I guess Variety, IndieWire, GoldDerby, Yahoo, AwardsDaily are all little monster-operated too :billie:

Ororo Munroe
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Me too. I follow multiple cinephile accounts who rarely post about female actors and they were all sharing about House of Gucci when the trailer and character posters dropped.

people were literally obsessed with the way she looked in the trailer! and her accent!

i really hope even if she doesn't get critics on her side this time, movie lovers would appreciate her. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Look I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and Gaga gets nominated. But why would I be setting myself for disappointment?
The movie seems to be missing all the festivals. And the leaks indicate that it still had poor editing as of recently so it needs more time. So when exactly is the buzz happening if the movie is released too late?

It'll likely be a non-event, even if it receives okay reviews. 

You know I'm not saying House of Gucci will be a guaranteed success, but what's annoying with your comments is you pretending to know the future when it hasn't happened yet. If the movie hadnt been edited yet, then why not just wait until it's been edited? Why shower your pessimism upon us when no one here has seen the movie?

If reviews come in and the film turns out to be mediocre, then sure we can all realistically agree that it won't be successful. But we haven't gone to that stage yet.

Besides, the only point of concern was the movie's writing, even the early reviews had singled out Gaga's performance as the saving grace of the film. So you sh*tting on Gaga's performance just strikes me as... excessively pessimistic?

Born This Way
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Why are Gaga fans always the first ones to count her out, like even when the GP is still betting on her :air: I never understood this.

Little Monsters are so fatalistic. Maybe it's trauma from the ARTPOP era :toofunny:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

CyanDante
59 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

NGL i’m really annoyed with this film. it seems like Frances may win her 4th Oscar with it and her third since 2018. i would be super happy for her… if it weren’t for Carey Mulligan having been completely robbed blind this past year for her performance in Promising Young Woman. at this point in time Frances could just take a break for a few years and i would be fine with it.

Carey Mulligan wasn't robbed imo. Even though I wanted her to win. :huntyga: 

Frances clearly gave a better performance and Nomadland was a better movie too. 

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

the writing wasn't good

It's Shakespeare, how can the writing not be good :bear:

Bradley
3 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It's Shakespeare, how can the writing not be good :bear:

I see Shakespeare would win an Oscar next year. :poot: Let's hope Gaga takes a picture with him.

nodandsmile

expecting a lot without the movie officially premiering is not wise but being incredibly pessimistic is just as dumb!

the whole "I'm expecting the worst so that I will not be disappointed thing" is such a sad way to live... let's not expect anything and just wait and see how it'll go

on topic: this was what's supposed to be so terrible that Venice rejected it? smear campaign started early I see...

flavor of love wtf GIF

There is no way Frances will win another Oscar for Best Actress anytime soon (or perhaps ever again). I mean, look at Meryl Streep - she will never win again because there is this joke going around about how she is always nominated. The Oscars don't like to be seen as a joke or predictable, and that's why I think they don't like to award the same individual multiple times. They try hard to be unpredictable. 

I'm not saying Gaga will win, I think it will be really hard for her to do so (since she still is a popstar first, and the Academy is very strict about those types of things), but I certainly do not think the Oscars goes to Frances again. 

About the movie, I mean, it's an A24 film, they do the best work in Hollywood at the moment. I hope Gaga works with them soon. She has to!  

James Gibson

So excited about this film. Besides mom Frances and Denzel I cant wait to see Kathryn Hunter as the witches :tony:

Ororo Munroe
33 minutes ago, DanielM said:

There is no way Frances will win another Oscar for Best Actress anytime soon (or perhaps ever again). I mean, look at Meryl Streep - she will never win again because there is this joke going around about how she is always nominated. The Oscars don't like to be seen as a joke or predictable, and that's why I think they don't like to award the same individual multiple times. They try hard to be unpredictable. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her another Oscar tbh. But let's see. I feel like reactions from viewers towards Frances is different than for Meryl. Frances is seen like an actress, who's not a Hollywood darling, she's like a very talented outcast who plays by her own rules. So people wouldn't react to her winning as a joke or something I suppose. But that's just my opinion. 

Archived