đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Apple Music is the best streaming service

Better Day

Featured Posts

Pop Music

a spill 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I like YouTube Music because it has everything I want to listen to, and I spend a lot of time on YouTube so not having ads and the ability to play with the screen off makes it all worthwhile for this little Bonkers.

So you get almost everything you get from Spotify or Apple Music but also a better YouTube experience for the same price.  

Also YouTube has the best recommend plays. If you listen to a Guns and Roses song you get an incredible continuous playlist or any artist. Their algorithm is incredible. Probably because they were a streaming music service way before streaming music services existed. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bonkers
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Also YouTube has the best recommend plays. If you listen to a Guns and Roses song you get an incredible continuous playlist or any artist. Their algorithm is incredible. Probably because they were a streaming music service way before streaming music services existed. 

That is really true.  Sometimes I'll be listening to a song and think of what I want to listen to next but somehow YouTube already figured it out.  :cryga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Taylucifer

I disagree because I really dislike the design of the app, it isn't intuitive to me (same with Apple TV+)

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

Meredith Grey
40 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Omg DM me sis idk how to do this lol

It’s easy! All you have to do is use a YouTube to MP3 converter (or download a zip file of the songs) drag it into itunes and edit the info. You have to do it on the computer still but I have Lana, Gaga and Taylor unreleased in my Apple Music from doing it. It’s super quick to do too

Andrea B

Spotify has better playlists and more artists, I'm an apple user and I changed to Spotify premium like 2 years ago and I'm never coming back to AM. 

Plastic Flower

I don't listen to playlists so I don't care about that. But I love AM, specially because it's cheaper with the student discount :ladyhaha:

Drop it

Stephen

It's really just about the interface you prefer. For the most part they're the same thing. 

I like AM cuz it looks like iTunes. It's what I'm used to looking at my whole life. 

gypsy101
2 hours ago, Yennefer Stark said:

Really? I paid 4 months in total and it didn’t get fixed, so I just switched back to Spotify. But I’m glad for everyone else that still subscribes to AM!

i’ve literally never had that problem in the 4 years i’ve used apple music

TortureMeOnReplay
2 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

yeah i love it

lossless music

ability to change artworks, tags, names

everything

i can add songs that are not there to already existing albums and have them in the right place

or add whole albums not available on streaming

perfect

You can add unreleased songs on Spotify as well

TortureMeOnReplay

I switched to AM this year after getting a homepod and enjoy it. Spotify doesn't invest much in making sure it can play on all available platforms. It's had 4 years to update to Airplay 2 and they've just signaled that they'll "eventually" bring it. Skipping songs lagged when done from my Apple Watch. And your library isn't the most intuitive. 

However, AM can be clunky as well. Their library UI is a bit of a miss when they devote most of the tab to "recently added" instead of making it a sliding tab like in it's Browse tab and then adding "recently played" and "played often" as well as "favorited playlists". And I've discovered some bugs such as crashing sometimes when queueing music (when this happens I can't queue for the rest of the night without an instant crash) and some downloaded songs are unplayable with "content not authorized" as the error message. 

HotLikeMexico
3 hours ago, Aetheryte said:

Its good for lyrics and good on iPhone.

If you're running it on a computer, the search function is still buggy if you're searching for the first time. You would think they would have resolved that by now.

Though - music discovery has gone from bad to worse. Especially with the prominence of new music being placed lower down on the discover tab and since they broke apart new songs and new albums. If they put those two back together and moved them below the first marque of playlists before "our favorites" it would be much better.

I have the exact opposite. New music from artists, especially those I dont care or listen to always appear up front. I  dunno if it's payola or what but I mainly listen to alot of Rock and Metal and in the playlists apple makes for me (The New Music Mix, Get Up Mix) they throw in like one or two Ariana and Doja or Billie songs sandwiched into my metal tracks and Im like... why??? I dont even like or listen to them. that's my only peeve with it.

Archived