other

Lady Gaga's dog walker in his first TV interview

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

I'm not saying this from a blind stan point of view, as I've called out Gaga's issues before and said she arguably could have done more....but this is ridiculous.

He admits she paid his living expenses for 3 months, gave him housing, got him a therapist, and paid his medical bills. It's not like he exclusively walks her dogs or works 24/7 for Gaga like Bobby, Tara, etc.....he has other clients. He also had a go fund me for 40k and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Gaga had cut him an additional check (that he didn't mention). That's a lot of money ...so how he is broke and why does he, a dog walker, have an assistant?

Morally, Gaga did enough. I think he probably wanted the 500k that she offered as a reward, but it also seems like that money was less a reward and more an attempt to trap the criminals (like they do with actual kidnapping cases). After all, one of the robbers tried to pick up the reward. This isn't just a Gaga thing, but I'm kind of weirded out by this new go fund me culture where something awful happens so now that person somehow deserves to get a ton of money (beyond living expenses, medical bills, etc.).

That said, this is on Gaga's PR. They should have paid him off from the get go with a 250k check.

11 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

Because he was shot and almost killed when the dogs of one of the most famous people in the world were stolen... and then without posting about his wellbeing, she offered 500k for her dogs' return. There hasn't been a big check in with him since then, but that story was huge.

If I was her, this guy would be in my will. His lineage would be set. He was her hired worker who literally almost died directly because of her fame.

You guys are insane for blaming him or holding this against him.

Are you his assistant? Because we know she paid for her medical expenses, invited him to her house and then he sent her bills to pay like it was normal. 

LilyLark
11 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

This thread is peak stan delusion.

Nah, it's not. Look, I have some empathy for him and think Gaga arguably could have done more.  But Gaga paid his medical bills, gave him housing, got him a therapist, and paid his living expenses for 3 months (and that's what he admits...I suspect her legal team cut him a check in hopes of him not going to the media....which obvs. wasn't enough). He wasn't hurt because of Gaga or unsafe working conditions...the cops said it was  a regular, not targeted, robbery. If something like that happened to me at work, I wouldn't expect more...I'd probably only expect my medical bills and a couple of weeks of paid leave. He also received 40k from a gofundme. One has to keep in mind this guy has multiple clients, too, and not just just Gaga.

That's a lot of support-more than most of us would get if we were injured at work-and instead of saving that money or saving the money he didn't have to spend on rent by living in Gaga's house....he hired a personal assistant. I used to house sit in grad school...if robbers hurt me in the process of robbing a house, I wouldn't expect to suddenly get a check for 350k.

I think he was probably hurt that Gaga offered the 500k reward, but it also seems like that was probably more bait (like they do with regular kidnapping cases) as one of the robbers tried to pick up the money. And I do think Gaga's team probably should have just cut him a check for 250k. But people acting like Gaga gave him no support or didn't at least meet the moral minimum, or that it's reasonable that he hired a therapist...smh.

littlepotter

Some of these commemts are so insane :saladga: imagine telling a guy who got assaulted and shot to just move on

chaeri pls

11 hours ago, Economy said:

She payed his medical bills, his time off... i would certainly hope she offered some big bonus as compensation as well

But theres limits to what u should expect. I would not expect half a million dollars just because of who i was working for... u can get injured in any job, life has risks (and the thiefs didnt steal the dogs because they were Gagas everything indicates)

In his shoes i would expect my medical bills, time off work covered and perhaps a small additional compensation for time suffering...

But i would not expect a huge payout just because of who she is, i find that rather entitled. I wouldnt refuse a large payout if offered and id be grateful but i wouldnt demand it either

Well put. 100%.

First things first, we've all heard the audio, Ryan behaved heroically on the night he was shot. If I was in his shoes, Usain Bolt would have had trouble catching me. But there is the question of whether he should have been on the streets with the dogs at that time. In his last update he goes to great lengths to explain why they were out at that time, euphoria, champagne etc. Why the NEED to explain ?

Overall, I didn't like that last update. To me it read like a propaganda piece that could have been put together by a mealy-mouthed gossip columnist (no names no pack drill).

I won't pre-judge the interview. Let's wait and see. 

14 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

If I was her, this guy would be in my will. His lineage would be set. He was her hired worker who literally almost died directly because of her fame.

Don’t do drugs kids :billie:

3 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

I don't think media should be involved into this.

He wants to talk and honestly, I don't blame him. He's 40. A 40-year-old dog walker. He's got nothing to lose, might as well enjoy his 15 minutes of fame!

Maybe it'll lead to something... He said he wanted to be a writer. Aspiring writers are a dime a dozen in Hollywood... but he's got quite a story. 

You can tell when he waved and smiled to the paparazzi from his friend's balcony that he LOVED the attention, probably one reason he relocated from upstate NY to LA in the first place. Who doesn't want to be famous?? 

Wonder if he'll try to explain - once again - why he took his client's 3 expensive French bulldogs with him to that LIQUOR STORE on Sunset and Fairfax, 7 blocks away, around 10 PM on that fateful night. 🤔 It'll come out during the trial anyway. 

The suspects were driving along Sunset BLvd. "looking for French bulldogs." And Ryan needed a bottle of Champagne. Hindsight is 20/20.

she/her/hers

Teletubby

He said Gaga helped him and they are in good terms

Gayle said he doesn't want now help from Gaga, wants to do it on his own and this is why he has gofundme. 
Gaga helped him, paid medical bills, he stayed at her home, paid for therapist.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

That said, this is on Gaga's PR. They should have paid him off from the get go with a 250k check.

I doubt anyone can force Gaga to do anything she doesn't want to do. She's not in the wrong here. She's done enough for him. 

Ryan put her dogs (and himself) in danger. Walking 3 expensive French bulldogs, around 10 PM, during a pandemic, for 7 blocks along Sunset Blvd. to a LIQUOR STORE... is a crime waiting to happen. He's 40, not 14. WeHo is not small town USA. 

Maybe talking about what happened is part of his healing? It wouldn't be fair for anyone to try to shut him up. Let him talk.😏

she/her/hers

14 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

He was her hired worker who literally almost died directly because of her fame.

Her fame had NOTHING to do with it, directly or indirectly. Read the news. The suspects had NO IDEA the dogs belong to Gaga.

They were driving along Sunset Blvd on Feb 24, "looking for French bulldogs" (worth $4,500 to $10,000, each) to steal (and sell). They spotted Ryan and the dogs on Sunset, around 10 PM. He needed a bottle of Champagne! 🤔

https://apnews.com/article/lady-gaga-music-dogs-entertainment-business-bcbb7b81918ee5b2efbd9a2fa0865e92

Three men drove around the Hollywood area in late February, on the prowl for expensive French bulldogs to steal, prosecutors said. The Lady Gaga connection was a COINCIDENCE. The MOTIVE was the value of the French bulldogs, a breed that can run into the thousands of dollars.

she/her/hers

15 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

You guys are insane for blaming him or holding this against him.

Insane?? I feel bad for what happened, but there's no other way to put it... This happened because Ryan needed a bottle of CHAMPAGNE, and he decided to walk 3 expensive French bulldogs, AROUND 10 PM, during a pandemic, for 7 BLOCKS along Sunset Blvd., to a LIQUOR STORE on Sunset and Fairfax.

It's a crime waiting to happen. Well, it did happen, unfortunately. The suspects were driving along Sunset Blvd "looking for French bulldogs." They spotted Ryan and the dogs on Sunset around 10 PM!

West Hollywood has one of the highest crime rates in the U.S. The LAPD issued a news release on Feb 15 about a series of violent DRIVE-BY ARMED ROBBERIES in the area. The suspects used vehicles to follow their intended victims from stores to an isolated area before they moved in with guns... exactly what happened to Ryan 9 days later.

It doesn't matter if he's an employee OR an independent contractor. Ryan's job was to keep her dogs safe. He could have gone to the liquor store himself the NEXT day!! He's not a teenager, he's pushing 40!

Thank goodness he's not a babysitter. 😒

she/her/hers

Archived