Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion 2.0

franminervini

Featured Posts

Dennis
15 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

shallow was a hit bc of the oscar performance dear god people. putting shallow on a few playlists didn’t make it gaga’s most streamed song ever. most locals i know didn’t talk about shallow until AFTER the oscar’s, and that’s when it soared to #1.

it isn’t even friday night yet of a 3 day holiday weekend when millions of people are going to see this movie. everyone chill lol. the idea that shallow is what it is bc of a few spotify playlists is bananas. it was on those playlists for a few days 6 whole months before the song actually peaked

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Shallow already spent 2 weeks in the top 10 (even peaking at #5) and multiple MONTHS in the top 40 before the Oscar performance.

Let's not be revisionist now. Oscar performance propelled it to #1. But even before that, it did amazing.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Adelita
15 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

shallow was a hit bc of the oscar performance dear god people. putting shallow on a few playlists didn’t make it gaga’s most streamed song ever. most locals i know didn’t talk about shallow until AFTER the oscar’s, and that’s when it soared to #1.

it isn’t even friday night yet of a 3 day holiday weekend when millions of people are going to see this movie. everyone chill lol. the idea that shallow is what it is bc of a few spotify playlists is bananas. it was on those playlists for a few days 6 whole months before the song actually peaked

Except that Shallow was already a number #1 hit worldwide and #5 in the US even before the Oscar performance, don't talk about what you don't know.

• Like 6

Adelita

US Radio Airplay

#60. (+2) Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand — 19.75 [+0.39]

Edited by Adelita
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 1

EGOT2027
50 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Shallow already spent 2 weeks in the top 10 (even peaking at #5) and multiple MONTHS in the top 40 before the Oscar performance.

Let's not be revisionist now. Oscar performance propelled it to #1. But even before that, it did amazing.

31 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Except that Shallow was already a number #1 hit worldwide and #5 in the US even before the Oscar performance, don't talk about what you don't know.

okay all of this is fair — point taken. i think my overall frustration is that the movie has been out for 24 hours and people are acting like the song is already dead. we haven’t even had a single spotify update since the movie has been out. even under what all of you are saying, shallow became a hit as people were seeing the movie. i would still argue that it became her most iconic song ever (along with bad romance) after the oscar’s, but point taken. 

every review of the movie (including ones from straight film bro blogs) rave about the song and talk about a potential academy award nomination. and yet twitter monsters are acting like the sky is falling bc it isn’t on a few spotify playlists. 

and finally, the song doesn’t have to be the next shallow to be a success. the recent bond songs are by no means sam smith’s or billie’s most iconic songs, and those were both not only nominated but won

Edited by JoanneStan420
  • Like 1

franminervini

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

memomemome

Maybe a perspective: The Movie was released on May, and TMBA peaked at October (even november in uk). It took 5 months… https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/1986-09-13/?rank=1

https://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/take-my-breath-away-(love-theme-from-'top-gun')/

Though it maybe irrelevant at today landscape. I mean even shallow peaked two months after release.

So i guess chill? I think shazam could be a great indicator

• Like 1

DesertWolf

No Re-entry on global spotify for friday

#70 (+33) Taiwan *new peak*
#96 (+27) Switzerland
#104 (+6) Sweden
#147 (+27) Norway
#148 (+42) Czechia *new peak*
#149 (+10) Netherlands *new peak*
#164 (RE) Singapore 
#180 (RE) Slovakia
#181 (+18) France
#186 (RE) South Africa
#191 (-21) Italy
#194 (RE) Hong Kong

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone 

Edited by DesertWolf
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

DesertWolf
28 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

#191 (-21) Italy

Two big album releases in the country, pretty much 90% of the songs charting lost around 20 spots or more, HMH gained 3k streams compared to yesterday tho

and counting all those countries it charted in, it gained 220k streams in those countries alone, I guess it will be around 750k on todays update 

Edited by DesertWolf

TEANUS

US Overall Radio

60 +2

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand

19.75 +0.39

Just saw this posted a little above me, oops

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 5

franminervini

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

• PartySick locked this topic