💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish has the biggest vocabulary among modern pop stars

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

WordTips counted the words used by 100 modern stars and the 100 greatest singers of all time and added up the number of unique words they used per 1,000. For example, Patti Smith used 2,669 different words across a total word count of 12,291, giving a score of 217/1000.

Key Findings

-The star with the biggest vocabulary overall is legend Patti Smith, who uses 217 unique words per 1,000.

-Billie Eilish is the modern star with the biggest vocabulary: 169 per 1,000.

-Legend Luther Vandross and modern star Trey Songz are tied with 66 for the smallest vocabulary.

-The song with the most unique words is Lou Reed’s The Murder Mystery, recorded by The Velvet Underground, with 639 words.

The overall top 5 are (both legends and modern pop stars):

1- Patti Smith (217)

2- Joni Mitchell (199)

3- BjĂśrk (197)

4- Jim Morrison (177)

5- Billie Eilish (169)

Gaga has a score of 103 and is among the lowest in the top 50 modern pop stars

Source: https://word.tips/singers-vocabularies (it includes a map of the entire list)

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• alsemanche changed the title to Billie Eilish has the biggest vocabulary among modern pop stars
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I can believe it I often think the songwriting has alot of depth to it and I notice the unique words that no other pop star would use. 

I'd like to know what Marina's score would be. 

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I can believe it I often think the songwriting has alot of depth to it and I notice the unique words that no other pop star would use. 

I'd like to know what Marina's score would be. 

I don't think Marina is on the list because they used the top 100 modern pop stars list from Kworb and she's #6339

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Teletubby

Ava Max 117

@Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal storm cloud🌩️。˚❀

weed

I guess it makes sense w her earlier work but w Folklore + Evermore I'd be interested to see their word counts/avgs 

Chesescake

Maybe it's because she still young? Idk but right now Imma stay impressed :golfclap:

tenor.gif

Omg I thought it would be comparing their actual speech not their lyrics, that would be interesting. 

Born This Way

All those blues, red dresses, and babies must have knocked Lana's score down a lot.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Chlorine Sevigny

I’m surprised to not see Mariah on here? :oprah: Edit nvm she is. I was just reading the top 50s. 

The fact that Katy is above Gaga. :enigma:

Morphine Prince

Duh. Only intellectuals appreciate her lyrics. 

The reason many don’t “get” her is.... well.... :laughga: 

Mother of Puppies

Well to me it’s all about the meaning and message of lyrics and not about how many „unique words“ someone throws in to make it special.

Sometimes the greatest lyrics are the most simple ones. 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

enissa11

this is meaningless anyway, fancy words doesn't equal deep and meaningful lyrics, it's funny, all the songs i've listened so far from her i found inmature, and it's ok, she's a teenager lol.

Mad Architect of Light

Archived