💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

RAMROD

IMHO y'all shouldn't worry too much about KStew, her movie was released too early in the awards season circuit, sure the movie and her are eligible, but the talks have largely fizzled out for her,  the Diana actress from new season of The Crown, (Elizabeth Debicki), have stole a lot of discussion from KStew, when the official picture of her in that iconic revenge black dress was released.

Also Oscars not usually bat an eye to movies that were released early, since mainly paying more attention to movies that released in month of October-December. 

So we'll see :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit
4 hours ago, QUEENH said:

To be fair, Kristen gave an amazing performance that shut everyone up. Everyone was doubting her. You also have to factor in that Kstew kind of feels personal to a lot of film twitter and critics who have been through the intense Twilight ride (and before) with Kristen, seen her be unfairly trashed and then supported her post Twilight turn into smaller movies which always got great reviews. She's popular with them. Non fans who haven't been paying attention might be surprised by that but some critics have met her and interviewed her and they really like her as a person. They also love a good Hollywood story, they're always on about the best "narrative" and it seems to me that Kristen has the best one this year. Twitter will FREAK if Kristen wins an Oscar. Twihards will reactivate full fangirl mode 😅

Like as much as some people might want Nicole or Olivia or anyone else win i think they would accept a Kristen win over their fav far more easily than anyone else bc there's no denying that her performance was great. 

Well all except Gaga fans that is... 🧐🤗

Nah, what you're describing is a peaceful group of people, peacefully stanning their fave. This is not what is actually happening. For all the talk of supporting K.Stew despite people hating on her and questioning her acting throughout the years, you'd think they would extend some of that sympathy to Gaga instead of turning around and doing the exact same thing to her. Some of them might be doing what you're describing, but some of them are being complete biased hypocrites.

32 minutes ago, freebit said:

Nah, what you're describing is a peaceful group of people, peacefully stanning their fave. This is not what is actually happening. For all the talk of supporting K.Stew despite people hating on her and questioning her acting throughout the years, you'd think they would extend some of that sympathy to Gaga instead of turning around and doing the exact same thing to her. Some of them might be doing what you're describing, but some of them are being complete biased hypocrites.

There will always be assholes. I think they all have their own bets going on with each other too. Plus Gaga just isn't the shiny new toy this year. 

3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

IMHO y'all shouldn't worry too much about KStew, her movie was released too early in the awards season circuit, sure the movie and her are eligible, but the talks have largely fizzled out for her,  the Diana actress from new season of The Crown, (Elizabeth Debicki), have stole a lot of discussion from KStew, when the official picture of her in that iconic revenge black dress was released.

Also Oscars not usually bat an eye to movies that were released early, since mainly paying more attention to movies that released in month of October-December. 

So we'll see :shrug:

The Crown and Debecki have nothing to do with the Oscars. Kristen is an absolute lock and we will know soon enough if the acadeny liked her performance as much as critics. 

2 minutes ago, QUEENH said:

The Crown and Debecki have nothing to do with the Oscars. Kristen is an absolute lock and we will know soon enough if the acadeny liked her performance as much as critics. 

The BAFTAs are a major pre cursor to the Oscars though. And Kristen is definitely not winning there. Especially because Prince William is the president. 

LilyLark
1 hour ago, QUEENH said:

There will always be assholes. I think they all have their own bets going on with each other too. Plus Gaga just isn't the shiny new toy this year. 

It's this. Some critics are just assh*les. For example, Kristen's been giving well regarded performances in indies for years...since before Twilight. But some of the critics who are now lauding her used to drag her on twitter...even when she was generally receiving good reviews for her films (sort of like how Gaga is receiving good reviews for her performance in Gucci, but that hasn't stopped some critics from being petty).

It's the shiny new toy narrative as you said....there's always someone they favor and always someone they drag. They did the same thing to JLaw back in the day (JLaw's an incredible actress, even if she was arguably over hyped a bit in the media and miscast in roles she was too young for, but the critics went from calling her the next Meryl to low key dragging her).

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Meat said:

The BAFTAs are a major pre cursor to the Oscars though. And Kristen is definitely not winning there. Especially because Prince William is the president. 

Kristen could definitely win, but yeah, the BAFTAs will be an issue for her because it's doubtful she'll win (she might not even be nominated). I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more media coverage of how the royals have like..tried to sabotage the Crown and Spencer  (Lainey Gossip has touched on it). It's so hypocritical...they LOVED the Crown in the early seasons but when it started to get more critical they went ba*tshit.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, freebit said:

Film twitter (which tbf is a bubble and not representative of critics at large)...is absolutely full of hypocrites. Not everyone, tbf, but a lot of active people on film twitter (aka the ones who tweet all the time) are hypocritical asf. That said, the major critics from the major outlets tend to be pretty fair and stay away from the petty BS that is a major part of film twitter.

I say this as someone who loves films and does follow film twitter.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, QUEENH said:

Yeah I agree Kristen's a lock for a nomination...now, for a win...who knows...but i do think she's at the front of the pack. BAFTA might mess with her narrative a bit.

I feel like Gaga's almost a lock for a nomination at this point with NYFCC and Palm Springs. She'll get a Critics Choice and GG nom, for sure, on her name alone... and that will help her narrative. But the NYFCC is a reminder that critics approve and that it's not just her name/box office/etc. However, I really doubt she'll win even if Variety keeps putting her name out there (I think they are looking for clicks tbh). I suspect Olivia or Kristen have a better shot.

LateToCult
9 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah I agree Kristen's a lock for a nomination...now, for a win...who knows...but i do think she's at the front of the pack. BAFTA might mess with her narrative a bit.

I feel like Gaga's almost a lock for a nomination at this point with NYFCC and Palm Springs. She'll get a Critics Choice and GG nom, for sure, on her name alone... and that will help her narrative. But the NYFCC is a reminder that critics approve and that it's not just her name/box office/etc. However, I really doubt she'll win even if Variety keeps putting her name out there (I think they are looking for clicks tbh). I suspect Olivia or Kristen have a better shot.

Olivia’s film is going to Netflix at the beginning of 2022. Might bump up her visibility if regular people like her performance and start talking about her.

LateToCult

Just searched “house of Gucci box office” on Twitter and stumbled onto a Twitter fight between a HoG stan and a Ricardos Stan…the pits of hell. :bear:
They were dragging each other. :ladyhaha:

Pls I also found a JLaw Stan and Ga Stan fighting and bringing up R Kelly and Harvey Weinstein. I-

ConnorFilm

Make sure to reach out to Fandango/RT support if you haven't already. Four positive reviews were added to the film's score today, and two of those were pulled directly from our list.

:)  

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

12 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Just searched “house of Gucci box office” on Twitter and stumbled onto a Twitter fight between a HoG stan and a Ricardos Stan…the pits of hell. :bear:
They were dragging each other. :ladyhaha:

Pls I also found a JLaw Stan and Ga Stan fighting and bringing up R Kelly and Harvey Weinstein. I-

It's hilarious to me how actress is a battleground like no other yet nobody really cares about best actor 😅. The women won this year regardless who wins! 

YourEvilTwin

Ugh... If there's one pundit I want to see bullied by Twitter stans, it's that babbling bitch Anne Thompson.

Obviously kidding. Sorta. **** her though.

Archived