Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

LilyLark
Just now, ThatCanadian said:

But it’s not ideal.

No, but it's a long dramedy with mixed reviews (granted, one has to keep in mind that reviews don't translate to cinema scores...some films that were panned had As like Clifford and Ghostbusters). I was curious, so I looked some up in comparison...Dune had an A-, Eternals had a B, King Richard an A, Venom Let There be Carnage was a B+,, etc.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ThatCanadian said:

But it’s not ideal.

How is it not ideal? Eternals is a marvel movie which is loved by the audiences and even that has a B. 

Jennie Kim

Critical Acclaim? no :bear:

Crowd pleaser? no :bear:

OGH might have won this round not gonna lie, but the battle is not really over. 

lilboyblue
28 minutes ago, Jennie Kim said:

Gaga with another starring vehicle, supported by legendary actors, helmed by a legendary director. Mixed critical acclaim, good audience score, universal raves for her acting gaining respect of cinema peers, critics, and the industry as a whole?

Nah, she's already won.

If anyone wants to feel better, always remember that Barbra Streisand’s debut role was both a commercial and critical hit, and it won her an Oscar. But her second movie received mixed reviews and is 43% on rotten tomatoes. Yet she was able to build a strong career and star in iconic movies after that. 

StarstruckIllusion

Yeah I mean… I agree w the 60 scores. Hate to say it but this movie felt like a bunch of scenes that didn’t really tell a story idk :/ A lot of confusing moments and huge times skips… some really good moments like the soccer game one. Gaga killed it. So proud of her. I hope the movie is a success but personally I didn’t really love it… probably bc I kinda knew how it’d end. Just me idk 💕

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Jennie Kim said:

Sis it's headed towards a very good box office debut unless something wild happens. That's the most accurate way to tell if it is doing well with the crowds....

LilyLark
18 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Yeah I mean… I agree w the 60 scores. Hate to say it but this movie felt like a bunch of scenes that didn’t really tell a story idk :/ A lot of confusing moments and huge times skips… some really good moments like the soccer game one. Gaga killed it. So proud of her. I hope the movie is a success but personally I didn’t really love it… probably bc I kinda knew how it’d end. Just me idk 💕

Yeah, my friend who isn't even a Gaga fan had the same exact opinion (she said the main issue was the editing/script/direction, but she loved Gaga in the role....and she also liked Jared). Really makes me wish Ridley had taken more time to work on this film :(...he works so quickly and it shows like it impacted the film. Edited: she did like it, though, she just didn't love it.

The potential box office looks really good, though, so unless something wild happens or it drastically drops in the second week...it will be a success. Anyway, I'm still excited to see the movie even if it's uneven (I'm going tomorrow).

LateToCult

Nnnnnn. I went in thinking the movie was gonna be good and that critics were talking out of their asses but…:selena:

Gaga was by far the best thing about this movie. I still don’t know how I feel about Leto. I went in thinking he was gonna surprise me in a good way but idk. I’ll Probably form a real opinion on his performance after I sleep. 

LilyLark

I will say even if you were meh on the movie but loved Gaga...there's no harm in lying and giving it an excellent score on rotten tomatoes to boost its audience score. :)

4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I will say even if you were meh on the movie but loved Gaga...there's no harm in lying and giving it an excellent score on rotten tomatoes to boost its audience score. :)

I guarantee you, we got B+ tonight because a lot of "little monsters" were being particularly ethical and decided to give an honest score lmao. They were probably like "Gaga is great, she ate yaas but movie was meh, so I give it a B".

There's no chance that theatres weren't full of LMs tonight.

LateToCult
15 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Me logging on to RT to lie about how much I enjoyed the movie like I wasn’t spacing out during the last stretch of it thinking about how uncomfortable my butt felt and if Cinnabon would still be open when I got out.

04402EFB-D3D9-403A-BD83-4EABD829BE76.gif

Just now, LateToCult said:

Me logging on to RT to lie about how much I enjoyed the movie like I wasn’t spacing out during the last stretch of it thinking about how uncomfortable my butt felt and if Cinnabon would still be open when I got out.

04402EFB-D3D9-403A-BD83-4EABD829BE76.gif

Inbefore swifties lurk here and send screenshots of this to critics to "expose" us

Archived