House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
6 hours ago, highlikegaga said:

exactly. if the reviews don't start now, it's getting bad ones and they'll wait for around the release to publish them.

The movie is not coming out until Thanksgiving. It really isn't a red flag if the reviews don't come out right now. Usually, unless a film premiers at a film festival reviews come out a week or two (sometimes three) ahead of time. A huge red flag is if the embargo is held until a couple of days before the film's release, but I wouldn't be worried at all if reviews didn't come out this week or even next week.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, La Rosalia said:

Receipts?

There's an embargo, so I wouldn't trust an official review. People aren't even supposed to hint at how they feel about the movie on social media, but someone always breaks and says a few words. But if the tweet goes in-depth, it's VERY suspect because legitimate critics/DGA/AMPAS members, etc. might push the limits of an embargo but they won't break it that severely beyond saying something like "disappointment" or "good" or "unexpected." So if you see a super lengthy series of tweets on the movie, don't trust it.

Edited: World of Reel always posts quasi anonymous "reviews" even though there is an embargo (I'm talking about not trusting twitter & most other sites). Again, though, I would take World of Reel with a huge grain of salt because he's doing all this "anonymously" due to embargos and he's been wrong before a lot (tho he is more reliable than some random site).

LilyLark
3 hours ago, ThatCanadian said:

Well…the positive is that it’s not outright bad :billie:

World of Reel isn't run by Madonna stans (people need to stop being silly) but it's definitely fairly negative on Gaga. He also thinks Kristen Stewart has given several performances better than Spencer, which...like 99% of critics disagree with. Plus, he's been wrong on Licorice Pizza. So I wouldn't trust his word as gospel.

So I would keep that in mind. Plus there's been exactly one screening before tonight which has had multiple contradictory reports.

freebit

Not the first to jump in ahead of everyone being World of Reel :rip: Them & that gross dude from Hollywood Elsewhere have been negative on this movie since the begining. In the recent past they claimed The Tragedy of Macbeth was too terrible to be recieved at a film festitval, and had been rejected from Venice. :rip: And his assement that they were "hiding it" is such bs. The movie was still being finalized on a tech level until a few weeks ago. 

ThatCanadian
Just now, Dennis said:

bruh he ended it

right in the middle of gaga's answer :triggered: he's not a lil 

2 minutes ago, ThatCanadian said:

right in the middle of gaga's answer :triggered: he's not a lil 

He's sugar daddy material tho, not gonna lie

Archived