💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

franminervini

Just came out of my second screening and I enjoyed it so much! First time I think i was really focused on Gaga, but this time I enjoyed the movie and the trama. It was full and everyone was laughing a lot! :vegas:

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
12 minutes ago, franminervini said:

Just came out of my second screening and I enjoyed it so much! First time I think i was really focused on Gaga, but this time I enjoyed the movie and the trama. It was full and everyone was laughing a lot! :vegas:

I am tempted to see it again. Last week, the outside temperature was 45 degrees ( about 7C) and the theater had the A/C blasting inside. My mom and I were freezing, so it was hard to focus on the film :messga:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

franminervini
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I am tempted to see it again. Last week, the outside temperature was 45 degrees ( about 7C) and the theater had the A/C blasting inside. My mom and I were freezing, so it was hard to focus on the film :messga:

Yeah you should deffo go again!! 

franminervini

I think it could have been nice if they added at the end some real pics/videos of Patrizia and the rest... maybe that would make people Google and check them out. Gaga did an amazing job... that last scene is so iconic :bradley:

Saw it earlier tonight. Really enjoyed it. I thought all the performances were good. I know Adam and Jared have attracted some criticism, but I thought Adam nailed his nerd and Jared nailed his  buffoon, and what more could they do ? Jared was supposed to get laughs and he got em. Al got his laughs too and I loved his performance.

Gaga was just excellent. I fell in love with her again when she was falling in love with Maurizio, and she made me feel sorry for her in the closing stages as the heartbtoken woman scorned. I thought she really nailed that. And she was gorgeous too, absolutely stunning. Just on that, one of the poison reviews, New York Post I think, made the oh so clever point that the movie spanned 25 years and Patrizia's appearance never changed ... except that it did. Maybe they were watching the wrong movie.

As for HoG overall, there is no law that says a movie has to be just a crime drama or just a campy comedy or just a love story. HoG is all of those things at various stages and that's ok with me. I wish I hadn't read all those reviews giving out about jumpy editing because I found myself looking for it. Would it even have occurred to me if that seed hadn't been planted? I'll never know.

Will Gaga get nominated ? I know nothing about the politics or the process, but just purely on the merit of the performance I would be surprised if she didn't. If there just happened to be five or six better performances than hers, well then she wouldn't get nominated, but I'd say that's very unlikely.

And will she win ? It's very easy for me to sit here and say no, because I'll probably be right, but probably doesn't mean certainly. I think she has a real shot.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Well that is in line with Scott Feinberg....who has Rachel at number 1 and Gaga still on his list of best actress nominees. He's actually the only one who had Zegler up in the mix like that...

Going to get dragged for this, but I feel like this is an example of how it's not just the performance (and I'll be fair, box office is probably will net Gaga a nom...she's worthy but so are 8 or 9 or other ladies). The majority of the reviews single out Ariana DeBose as the standout and the main star. But I suspect the 30 something Afro-Latina (and actresses who by all objective standards are better like Olivia Colman) is ignored for the young, white Latina who is charming and pretty...so the mostly white critics can pat themselves on the back for rewarding diversity (never mind Rachel is white even though she is Latina) and who is a favorite of the man they are all in awe of (Steven Spielberg). 

Going to reiterate I'm a woman of color (will be anonymous and not get into my background, as the whole online thing) and somewhat left wing as I realize this can be taken incorrectly if people think I'm white. But I saw someone say this on twitter and I agree: it feels like a liberal white guilt thing by a lot of people to be tripping over their feet to award a film by a white director with a white screenwriter starring a white Latina and characterize it as "representation". Like "oh, look," we're being diverse....when they really are not. And popularity is a definitely a factor, because people LOVE Kushner and Steven...and film twitter & many critics have a weird hate boner for Lin-Manuel Miranda. Nevermind the entire case of In the Heights was POC, the (white) critics focused on a small amount of criticism on there not being enough Afro-Latinos (and the criticism was mostly valid, but the media blew it up to epic proportions). But there's hardly a peep about West Side Story featuring mainly white Latinos and light skinned Latinos, with the exception of Ariana DeBose. The outrage is very selective....

Again, not trying to be mean to Zegler. I'm sure she's good. But after reading a ton of reviews—I was curious about WWS—it' s hard to think she's anywhere close to Olivia Colman and it's very noticeable that she was not the one singled out (it was Ariana).

LordByron28
1 hour ago, DrewPa said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2021/12/01

HOG is still  #1 in the US, for the second day in a row, not bad for a movie released one week ago :vegas:

Curious how it will do during the weekend but good to see it is pulling good numbers during the weekday. This weekend doesn't seem that competitive with new releases. 

I watched the movie today, it was just incredible! Gaga is just amazing, one of the things I love most about her acting is that when you're watching her you don't see Gaga, you see the person she is playing and she's always 100% in character.

The ending was really quite sad, I still can't believe she's free and out of prison.

Sepsami
On 12/1/2021 at 11:14 PM, franminervini said:

Was there genuine laughs? I noticed a couple of chuckles here and there but the room was dead silent for the most part. Paulo was supposed to be the comedic relief but he felt more like an obnoxious stereotype. Other than that I really enjoyed it.

Sepsami
On 11/29/2021 at 4:37 AM, Frank Potion said:

Am I the only one who absolutely hated Jared Leto in it. :messga: 

Idk about hating, I sympathised with him sometimes. But def my least liked character, some of his lines were meant to be funny but made me cringe instead and his accent was too sterotypical at times.

Sepsami
On 11/29/2021 at 4:08 AM, Shaney said:

I just saw it today. I rate it a 5/10. It was dragging so hard and most of the dinner scenes seemed like a waste of space. In general, I thought it was pretty boring. People were there to see the nitty gritty parts of the murder, and the actual murder was so abrupt and all of a sudden Patrizia was convicted aaaaand it was over. I really liked Gaga in it though, I feel like the other actors weren’t acting on her level, besides Jared Leto. 

No one came to see the horror of the murder. I'm not saying it's the greatest movie out there but to say people wanted to see the nitty gritty parts? Just no. It was always going to be about the events leading up to it, that was clear from the trailers. 

Archived