💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival

WhereIsLG7

Featured Posts

GucciGa
1 hour ago, rawrimamonster said:

This feels like a bad sign. It’s not a special effects film or anything that requires a lot of post production. Either Ridley is taking his sweet time w/ the editing/scoring/etc. or there’s issues w/ it so they’re doing reshoots or changes. 

Are you serious? 🙄 The movie finished 2 or 3 months ago and you're saying it's a bad sign bc Ridley (who has multiple movies on the go) hasn't completed it in time for a festival. There's absolutely no need for dramatics here.

😇

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I
54 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Oh interesting. Last Duel is out of comp. at Venice (which is a bit of a red flag, as a huge project like that with major A listers would usually be in comp. unless it was a commercial film...and Last Duel most definitely does not seem like a commercial film) So Ridley had one film finished, or at least "finished" enough to have been submitted to the festival...

I'd still wait for Telluride, though, before assuming Gucci has been pushed back to Spring or next awards season.

Dune is also premiering but out of competition which seems odd. Also two movies being heavily talked about for Oscar nominations were left off at Venice: The Tragedy of Macbeth and Blonde. The Tragedy of Macbeth didn't make the cut after being submitted which is not a good sign. Actors from both movies were also being predicted for possible acting nominations. 

Telluride dates are Sept 2-6, 2021. I can't imagine how Gucci could make it there if the actual reason for not premiering in Venice is post production. Telluride seems to be the bigger Oscar race film festival so the premiere might be simply being held for that location? 

Ziggy
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Nah, if anything the original schedule was a very quick turnaround...especially because COVID restrictions have to impact some of post production. Ridley's also much, much older than he used to be and had to finish the Last Duel first.

Edited: Not being finished can absolutely be an issue, for sure, at times but in this case I'd give the situation the benefit of the doubt because production only wrapped about two months ago.

That was my thought. 2 months for post? That’s...a look :laughga: we were about to get a local car commercial quality movie with that timetable lmao

Madam Margolyes

Missing a festival or two isn’t the end of the world or an indication of a bad film, the film literally finished filming like 2 months ago lol. If it skips Venice (or Telluride/TIFF), it can always premiere at later festivals like NYFF or even AFI Fest for all i know. And if we’re really talking about the oscars, many films do this strategy and it doesn’t diminish their Oscar chances, if anything it keeps the films fresher in voters minds. 

LilyLark
22 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Dune is also premiering but out of competition which seems odd. Also two movies being heavily talked about for Oscar nominations were left off at Venice: The Tragedy of Macbeth and Blonde. The Tragedy of Macbeth didn't make the cut after being submitted which is not a good sign. Actors from both movies were also being predicted for possible acting nominations. 

Telluride dates are Sept 2-6, 2021. I can't imagine how Gucci could make it there if the actual reason for not premiering in Venice is post production. Telluride seems to be the bigger Oscar race film festival so the premiere might be simply being held for that location? 

I sort of understand Dune...at the end of the day, it's a genre film and those often are left out of competition. But I completely agree that Blonde and The Tragedy of Macbeth being absent is interesting.

Good point about Telluride and the dates. 

DrewPa

It could be that the film is not yet finished, but it is true that it is strange, as such a film does not need so much work in post production.

It could only be an excuse for different reasons:

- After the screening of the "Rough Cut", the producers found the film not to be "Festival Material".
- Given the Gucci family controversy, and the fact that the Italian press thrives on this kind of gossip, presenting the film at an Italian festival was not considered a very wise idea.
- Ridley Scott is not immediately available to check the final cut, as he is busy with another project (but I don't believe it, he was recently able to replace one actor with another and remake half the film in record time, and the film turned out great)

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

thierryrreiht

Wasn’t this “confirmed” a while back, that they won’t go to Venice?

Toronto remains, and it finishes a week after Venice so we’ll see.. the trip is less far, and with covid still on, it’s wise to stay in North America.

Many reasons could explain why, but I do believe that it won’t be pushed back.

Panic not..

Anveeroy
42 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Film at Lincoln Center, the fest’s presenting organization, said Thursday that this year’s opening-night selection will be Joel Coen’s The Tragedy of Macbeth on September 24. The film, which stars Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand, will have its world premiere at Alice Tully Hall. Kathryn Hunter portrays the Shakespeare play’s trio of “weird sisters.”

https://deadline.com/2021/07/new-york-film-festival-2021-lincoln-center-joel-coen-the-tragedy-of-macbeth-1234797756/

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

G U C C I
3 minutes ago, Kantakyakirno said:

Film at Lincoln Center, the fest’s presenting organization, said Thursday that this year’s opening-night selection will be Joel Coen’s The Tragedy of Macbeth on September 24. The film, which stars Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand, will have its world premiere at Alice Tully Hall. Kathryn Hunter portrays the Shakespeare play’s trio of “weird sisters.”

https://deadline.com/2021/07/new-york-film-festival-2021-lincoln-center-joel-coen-the-tragedy-of-macbeth-1234797756/

Ohhh I didn't realize it was already expected to premier at NYFF. Well then it is very much still a contender then. 

Anveeroy
2 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

Ohhh I didn't realize it was already expected to premier at NYFF. Well then it is very much still a contender then. 

Yes!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Debithius
2 hours ago, rawrimamonster said:

It takes a months-long process for sure. Just seems like this type of movie would usually be “in the can” by September after wrapping in May. Movies with a tons of special effects are the ones that take a year+. Wayy more people working on them.

Trust me, my friend edits huge movies like House Of Gucci and he even worked on GOT Season 7 and 8, both take almost equally the same amount of time. The special effects have more people working on it which speeds things up, sure but it takes time!

• FATCAT changed the title to HofG not finished, not ready for the Vence Film Festival

Archived