Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney's Live-Action 'Snow White' Casts 'West Side Story's Rachel Zegler

Chlorine

Featured Posts

Not The Real Gaga

I HATE how my brain immediately went "Wait, what?"

As someone from a white, conservative, rural area I have still so much to learn about these issues 

This comment really helped me to put it in another perspective:

35 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I completely agree that “skin as white as snow” being THE reason she was the fairest one of all is super problematic and should be updated. I wonder how they will explain where the name “Snow White” comes from though. This is where the creativity and new ideas come in and can make it fresh. 

So, thanks for that!

Rachel is the best for the role. So, Disney has put itself up for a creative challenge and I appreciate that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chic

I’m kind of curious what they’d call the movie if a woman of color was casted. Would they keep the name the same? Or choose a different one?

gypsy101
2 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

When are these tragic live actions going to stop and we get quality new movies/stories? :toofunny:

Like, I get it, it's a major cash grab but come on. :selena:

we get new stuff from disney all the time 

BUtterfield 8
7 minutes ago, Chic said:

I’m kind of curious what they’d call the movie if a woman of color was casted. Would they keep the name the same? Or choose a different one?

Pretty sure it’ll still be called Snow White but the whole:

“How I wish that I had a daughter that had skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood and hair as black as ebony.” 

will not be used 

RahrahWitch

Wow, Her facial features are almost identical to the animated character. I hope she does great because she definitely looks the part! 

To anyone concerned about that one line they could easily leave it out or even change it something like "smile as white as snow". :shrug:

OMonster

They NEED Gaga as Evil Queen. Please let this by why Gaga was meeting with Disney recently. She is made for this role!

RXMOIKWCJRGBXI5GHGOT5DEG4A.jpg

subtext / fantasy

hieronymus

OT: has anyone else seen the bonkers sequel from the 90s with Phyllis Diller?

Good for her! I'm curious what they'll do with the singing since animated Snow White's singing is pretty grating/borderline whistle tones

HuffsAhoy

So hard to be a Disney film stan when they continue to rehash stuff they've done literally almost 100 years ago :rip: At the least the theme parks are still always changing the game because the movie division leaves a lot to be desired lately. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Roughhouse Dandy

Yaassssss! She's gorgeous and I'm so happy she got the opportunity to be a Disney princess. 

The basics hung up on race can continue to seethe 💃🏽

Praying for a Gaga Evil Queen!!

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

High King

Someone really said “what if Princess Tiana was white?” lmaoo

A fairytale about a young girls stepmom/queen being so jealous of her beauty that she tries to kill her has no plot points that involve the whiteness of the characters.  

Princess Tiana, and the entire Princess and the Frog film, is such a fun celebration of black New Orleans culture. 

What if Tiana was white? Well, she wouldn’t be. 

What if the generic fairytale character was any race other than white? Literally nothing would change. 

jaXXXon
5 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

When are these tragic live actions going to stop and we get quality new movies/stories? :toofunny:

Like, I get it, it's a major cash grab but come on. :selena:

It's not a cash grab. Some people need to remember that doing remakes/homages/reboots prolongs the popularity of a product. Because of Olivia Rodrigo's homage to teen movies in her latest video, especially Jennifer's Body, a whole new generation discover that movie. If you don't do homages, reboots, remakes, spin-offs, re-tellings and all that many movies will be FORGOTTEN about. 

How many movies/songs did you get to know from homages/remakes etc.? I know a slew of things BECAUSE I saw someone doing a remake. I know certain old songs because they were sampled in modern hits. I know older artists because they were featured on a relevant acts song. It's completely natural. You probably got a string of those as well. 

A classic like Snow White could potentially lose its relevancy in the future if left alone, just like many other properties. You NEED a remake in order to prolong relevancy. 

PunkTheFunk

When are we getting an ORIGINAL concept? Seriously? Wtf is with all these remakes.

AJRocketMan

She has the jaw and facial structure but her eyebrows are too strong and she’s too ethnic looking to play a German woman. Snow White is a German fairy tale, so it makes sense that they should be casting German actors who can speak English. I’ve never seen her perform so I have no idea how good of an actress she is.

Did this movie have to have a live action adaption in the first place? I haven’t enjoyed ANY of Disney’s live action adaptions of their classic animated movies. The animated ones were always superior and now they’re gonna ruin Snow White. I just KNOW they’re headed for Bambi next! And there was a non-Disney live action adaption of Pinocchio made in Italy that was SUPER creepy. I want Disney to make a sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit instead.

Watch GGD users come for me and call me racist. 🙄

RAMROD

If it's good, why not?

But all the first 3 Disney Princess are rather unpopular anyway, they are infamously known as anti girl power characters. I am open with Disney changing that part so Snow White can be more relevant to modern values. 

Cinderella was not the best, and Aurora was.., well, still forgotten and side character on Maleficent movies. Hopefully they can Snow White better.

I really enjoyed Aladdin, Dumbo, The Jungle Book, the first Maleficent, and  Beauty and The Beast. So I am holding out hope.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived