Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney's Live-Action 'Snow White' Casts 'West Side Story's Rachel Zegler

Chlorine

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs

y'all wanna know the funny part? if I'd asked this person if they were a POC instead of asking if they were white, the response would probably have been the same. also the clownery of it all cuz they legit had their IG linked and now they've removed it I can't :air:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KarmaPolice
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

also most definitely going the  the "you cannot understand this since you're white" road cuz that's exactly what this is :triggered:

Since being from a different skin color prevents me from having a healthy discussion, I'm out.

I was asking and trying to understand and YOU made it a race issue, since "I'm white".

Listen, I'm super excited about casting diversity, I love what they did to ariel and I wish they keep going. I was just asking if this thing has it's limits or not.

Noah
3 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Yeah I noticed too. This girl has quite a strong jaw and I've seen her instagram and she seems quite athletic as well. Not saying she looks bad, just not as doll like I would have Imagined the actress for Snow White tp be.

Yeah. To me, Snow White was always very childlike looking, but one of those ‚she will be very pretty when she‘s an adult‘ type of people. I get that someone w sharp features is obviously more in the beauty standard right now, but it would‘ve been cool to have someone who‘s not that. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Galvon
15 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Right. But I thought fairest one of all meant most (physically) beautiful? Why would the queen be envious of good qualities and/or have been considered fairest by the mirror up until Snow White?

Maybe the queen thinks it's about outer beauty, but it's actually about beauty from within, something like that.

CyanDante
37 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

How so? The story quite literally perpetuates racism and colorism and was made during a time when white supremacy was king. The whole vibe was about how being white was the beauty standard and everything else was ugly. And if the casting of a non-white girl means erasing those harmful past ideas I AM ALL FOR IT and you should be too. 

and by the looks of it Disney agrees cuz this girl is only half white and doesn’t have ‘skin as fair as snow’.

I’m not even going to start about how growing up and watching a lot of these animated stories, me and all kids my age believed white was the beauty standard and the rest of us were ugly. So i promise you this will be helping a lot of little brown kids. And the girl is not even that brown lol just a a little tan

We had a skit in our school based on Snow White when I was 8 or 9 years old. And it was an all boys catholic school. I got selected to sing the songs for Snow White, while they cast a really fair boy as Snow White :selena::toofunny: 

And this was in India btw, I remember crying so much after coming back home. :selena:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

DelusionalGaga

I bet that people who are so obsessed with Snow White needing to be white, probably wouldn't give two fücks if some non-latina was cast as Maria in West Side Story. Somehow they only ever care one way.

Galvon
1 minute ago, Noah said:

Yeah. To me, Snow White was always very childlike looking, but one of those ‚she will be very pretty when she‘s an adult‘ type of people. I get that someone w sharp features is obviously more in the beauty standard right now, but it would‘ve been cool to have someone who‘s not that. 

Agreed.

A lot of people say Disney Snow White is 14 years old. I don't think Disney officially confirmed this or most Disney characters ages except the ones mentioned in films.

ZiggyZiggs
9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Since being from a different skin color prevents me from having a healthy discussion, I'm out.

I was asking and trying to understand and YOU made it a race issue, since "I'm white".

Listen, I'm super excited about casting diversity, I love what they did to ariel and I wish they keep going. I was just asking if this thing has it's limits or not.

no one said anything about having or not having a healthy discussion. what you did was say a super privileged thing about how you never had to think about skin color, when a POC is here telling you they grew up thinking white was the beauty standard. saying 'I'm sorry but how the hell did you grew up feeling that way when there was mulan and Pocahontas' and 'I just saw them as great women' is not only incredibly  dismissive but its gaslighting. and this 'well I'm white so apparently I can't have a discussion' is another form of gaslighting and I hope you understand that. you were hella dismissive and that's not how you respond when a person is out here telling you they grew up thinking white was the beauty standard.

KarmaPolice
1 minute ago, xlx said:

I bet that people who are so obsessed with Snow White needing to be white, probably wouldn't give two fücks if some non-latina was cast as Maria in West Side Story. Somehow they only ever care one way.

If you're referring to me, I'm 100% with a latina casting for Maria. 

ZiggyZiggs
6 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

We had skit in our school based on Snow White when I was 8 or 9 years old. And it was an all boys catholic school. I got selected to sing the songs for Snow White, while they cast a really fair boy as Snow White :selena::toofunny: 

And this was in India btw, I remember crying so much after coming back home. :selena:

im Indian too so I feel that on a spiritual level loool

Shipper
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Imagine casting a POC for Snow White. :ladyhaha:

POC means any person who isnt white. There ARE light skinned POC so we dont have to imagine. 

:huntyga:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

KarmaPolice

Nevermind. I understand were you come from and having this conversation wasn't the right thing to do.

I apologize to everyone involved. I had the best intentions, but I guess I didn't express myself the right way.

Pink Narcissus
6 minutes ago, xlx said:

This

As Long As You Pay Me…

ProfessionalClown

Omgg so all the casting theories are true I guess.

hopefully this means little shop of horrors is gonna be true! 

Archived