ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

?

It was a joke?

Could’ve fooled me 

ZiggyZiggs
4 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

H.E.R. acts?

I guess so? She’s not made her debut yet but she was probably good enough to be in the running. 

KarmaPolice
4 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

I guess so? She’s not made her debut yet but she was probably good enough to be in the running. 

So you're saying that a POC could have played the role even if the character is called SnowWhite since her skin is white as snow?

I'm super excited for halle as ariel, but this is a bit... forced?

KarmaPolice
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

It’s called blind casting 

So, if for a live action version of Princess and the Frog they cast a white person you're saying it's ok since it "blind casting"?

KarmaPolice
2 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

White people aren’t oppressed 

Nice way of dodging the question

Galvon

Okay, I've got a lot of opinions already. She looks a bit old for the part, but maybe this just isn't the best picture. She looks elegant tho, she could look great with the the 30's hair Snow White had in the animated movie, if they wanted to do that again. But tbh I don't think she looks like Snow White.

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations or Disney was not caring about her look or they had a different vission.

Of course we don't know what direction Disney is going with this remake, it probably makes sense when we see official photo's.

Bambino
25 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

?

It was a joke?

It's not a joke and don't be afraid to say it's not because I get what you're saying. Don't let people here manipulate you for simply saying what's on almost everyone's mind, especially given the character's name. People aren't necessarily against this but they're just not used to it. No judgments are made here though.

Phlop
3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

White people aren’t oppressed 

Okay but if she’s a poc her skin wouldn’t be “as white as snow” :duck:

BYE

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Nice way of dodging the question

There’s nothing wrong with replacing a traditional white role to a poc role 

it’s absolutely wrong to replace 

1 minute ago, Galvon said:

Okay, I've got a lot of opinions already. She looks a bit old for the part, but maybe this just isn't the best picture. She looks elegant tho, she could look great with the the 30's hair Snow White had in the animated movie, if they wanted to do that again. But tbh I don't think she looks like Snow White.

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations or Disney was not caring about her look or they had a different vission.

Of course we don't know what direction Disney is going with this remake, it probably makes sense when we see official photo's.

She’s 20

KarmaPolice
Just now, Bambino said:

It's not a joke and don't be afraid to say it's not because I get what you're saying. Don't let people here manipulate you for simply saying what's on almost everyone's mind, especially given the character's name. People aren't necessarily against this but they're just not used to it. No judgments are made here though.

Judgments ARE made here though.

One joke or argument and suddenly i'm a racist.

Jill
13 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

So you're saying that a POC could have played the role even if the character is called SnowWhite since her skin is white as snow?

I'm super excited for halle as ariel, but this is a bit... forced?

It's not like that "skin as white as snow" is an important part of the story lol

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

KarmaPolice
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

There’s nothing wrong with replacing a traditional white role to a poc role 

it’s absolutely wrong to replace 

It is wrong when it goes into the opposite direction of the character's intention. The setting and the story in Princess and the Frog makes obivious sense for a POC casting choise. Doing otherwise is wrong.

The same goes for Snow White. Skin white as snow... I don't see how a POC casting could make sense.

Bambino
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Judgments ARE made here though.

One joke or argument and suddenly i'm a racist.

I know. That's why I said don't let people here manipulate your words into making you a racist. Explain yourself and stand by what you say.

People are just a bit not used to that as much as they would be if Paulina Rubio, a Mexican blonde, was cast for the role of Oprah Winfrey. A biopic produced by Disney ofc.

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, RainingOnMe said:

When are these tragic live actions going to stop and we get quality new movies/stories? :toofunny:

Like, I get it, it's a major cash grab but come on. :selena:

Aladdin was great. If anything they are getting better with each film.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived