society

Emma the rhino travels to Japan to find love and a mate

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

_118882424_gettyimages-1231469438-002.jp

A five-year-old white rhinoceros has travelled from Taiwan to Japan - all as part of a quest to find love.

Emma has begun her stay at Japan's Tobu Zoo, with 10-year-old rhinoceros Moran being her first suitor.

_118882422_1gettyimages-1231469475-002.j

She was picked out of a group of 23 rhinos to be sent to Japan, due to her "mild personality", with staff saying she "rarely got into fights".

Her stay at the zoo is part of an attempt to increase the number of captive-bred white rhinos in Asia.

Staff at the Leofoo Safari Park had earlier said Emma's small size also made her easier to ship overseas.

Zoo breeding companies have been instrumental in boosting the number of southern white rhino herds.

p08t376t.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57437649

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 7
Reginald
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Zoo breeding companies have been instrumental in boosting the number of southern white rhino herds.

When I read this sentence I was like :enigma: .

Okay, Emma, get all of the D sweetie 

Edited by Reginald
Born To The Night
FfFfFfFF
15 minutes ago, Reginald said:

When I read this sentence I was like :enigma: .

Okay, Emma, get all of the D sweetie 

I think is more about the fact that while zoos are criticised for keeping animals captive, sometimes they are the most effective solution for breeding endengered species.  It's not that rhinos are living an .. uhm..  carnal life. :poot:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
Barley

I should probably do the same :bradley: not necessarily Japan.