Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna is better than Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagasEarCondom

I didn't know who Madonna was until the Express yourself x Born This Way controversy

I wasnt born when Madonna was everywhere or at least I don't remember

Gaga for me but I respect Madonna and what she has done from what I've heard

"escucha las palabras de las brujas" (dont mind me Im just possessing DJWS'S Hard drive for ACT II)

rinasawachanta

I think the comparison does not make much sense. Gaga is a better artist, in the full sense of the word; that is, she's a better songwriter (basically because she composes in the first instance), she's a better singer (basically because she sings in the first instance), etc.  I think Madonna knew how to reinvent herself better and that she "invented" the idea of reinvention in a sense, and that in part Gaga and other pop artists had to submit to that imperative. In terms of aesthetics and visual impact, once again I think Gaga's impact was truly unprecedented. Her burst onto the scene was a breakthrough, a real "before and after". I don't deny Madonna's impact, but I think it was more abstract (by contributing to create the "idea" of what a popstar should be), but without having a concrete correlative musical-visual impact. What I am sure of is that Madonna ended up falling into her own trap and admitting Gaga's "superiority" by including Born This Way in her tour and behaving in such a childish way. Since Gaga's emergence, Madonna's career has been in free fall. Instead of celebrating what she has achieved and trying to make good quality albums, she has been fruitlessly preoccupied with entering the charts and trying to "compete" with Gaga, in a battle in which she necessarily loses. I wish Madonna had released another album on the level of Erotica (one of my favorite albums, hers and any other artist's), Ray Of Light or Confessions, but instead we have a series of forgettable albums that border on the unlistenable.

hausoffame
1 hour ago, Bottom said:

Girl take a seat, there is no need to make comparisons. "Better" is subjective, Gaga has excelled in areas madonna has only dreamed of. Madonna only dominated one field, music, Gaga on the other hand has her legendary hands on many baskets like music, acting, charity, actually helping people and making a difference in the world. I would take Gaga anyday over madonna

I definitely see your point, but Madonna has done lots of donating to various charities and she completely educated people about HIV/AIDS. Her impact is huge.  

Lady Palutena

N—nani?

CouyILq.png

Spoiler

In the words of Gaga herself: "Well, that's your opinion isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it."

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

hausoffame
10 minutes ago, DenDenTired said:

Read the room 

Totally OT, but ur cute af;)

hausoffame

Gaga has still has a long journey ahead of her.  I absolutely love Chromatica and can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve.  Also very excited for BTW ANNIVERSARY disc. I'm loving Kylie's Marry the Night! I think it would it be so awesome if Madonna covered Born This Way. That would throw everybody off😛

:popcorn: The heat in this thread is my favorite kind of rainy day entertainment. Thank you for this, OP

(Respect to Madonna, I would’ve cracked at a hundred different points in her career from the pressures and attacks and never been able to resume my work like she did. She is incredibly self-disciplined and resilient, as is Gaga)

⚡🐲

Chromatica Island

At least Gaga can sing better live and has more impact in pop culture, changed the fashion game for celebrities, more world records, an actress, a philanthropist, businesswoman and what does Madonna do anymore?

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Smother Em Eh

This thread is nonsense. And surprised about the Madonna praise but she does deserve the credit where it’s due. 

They’re both different Artists and different people. Yes, Madonna may be the pioneer cuz of her 30 career in the industry but I personally think she has declined since COADF. And who’s to say Gaga won’t officially become a “Pop Royalty” in 10 years or so? Gaga has achieved so much in so little time and has even out done Madonna in terms of “Chameleonism” and “Versatility”. There’s so much more for her to do. Give her 10-15 more years and she’ll be right up there. I mean this woman has already paved her own lane and there’s literally a website here dedicated to this woman so I do think that speaks for itself. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, flyaway said:

While I know this thread is just flaimbait and will eventually be closed, I may refute this "opinion" and provide some facts. 

1. You can't compare LG's impact to Madonna's because both belong to different timelines. Gaga couldn't achieve what Madonna did at her time because it was already done. Gaga is a different force who has had impact in other areas that belong to the 21 century. She has raised awareness about LGBTQ+ issues, BLM and mental health.

2. LG is a musician. She is a trained pianist and eventually became an entertainer as well. Madonna is a dancer that became an entertainer. She makes music, but it would be unfair to compare the two if you know what I mean. 

3. LG is succeding in something Madonna couldn't, and that's acting. 

Again, this is pointless and idk why you made this thread. 

talk mariah GIF

Girl all of this is right about Gaga but wrong about Madonna. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

There hasn't been any Gaga Album with the same intellectual quality like Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music or Madame X. Madonna still is a true artist. When she is inspired, Madonna is capable of doing great stuff. Lady Gaga had her great moments aswell, but I dislike her personality. She turned into a cold and very calculating businesswoman it seems. Also I think Lady Gagas voice is overrated. She screams too much. And unlike Madonna Gaga has always been a rich kid. Madonna came from nowhere and worked her ass. Now she is a living legend and will forever be the blueprint of a female Popstar.

RAMROD

Unsolicited opinion that nobody ask for? Very random and cool. :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived