đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

BleepBloop
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

WHAT?? 

No this mess again :selena:

6 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

in new zealand?

Idk, someone on Reddit is talking about it! And the same thing happened with SP, so…who knowz

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
10 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Idk, someone on Reddit is talking about it! And the same thing happened with SP, so…who knowz

Lemme get my clown makeup ready 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche
20 hours ago, Kantakyakirno said:

Still a Rumour? :ally:

The stuff in the OP were rumours that's why :enigma:

alsemanche

Lorde sent a new email btw! It contains screenshots of her notes app entries concerning her creative process with the album among other things. Plus she teased something she filmed (maybe a music video? performance? idk). Anyway, I'll post it in a new reply with all the photos attached to it. 

alsemanche

6523977f-2e66-d264-6a64-bcc28991162f.jpg Hello! Thought I’d pop in.
Been a cool strange couple weeks since we last spoke. I left New Zealand for the foreseeable future, mooched in LA for a bit, and then headed east. It’s always a pretty wild adjustment back into American life for me, particularly due to the zones I move in — I had true culture shock walking into my (very fancy) hotel room, and actually txted my manager in a panic, like is this too expensive? Are we sure this is ok? Another weird moment of culture shock onset shooting a thing (which I’ll maybe be able to share in next newsletter!) outdoors, everyone was sweating in jean shorts, looking like people, and I was wearing an archive Prada bolero top, hair and makeup pristine. I felt like a freak, you know? Like a fancy little goldfish in her own special bowl. I know you know this, but pop star world is ridiculous and extravagant and excessive and very looks-focused, and I’m reminded of the deep oddness when I’ve been away from it for a while.
Anyway. Been going on long walks around the city, which is at its most juicy and delicious and vibrant, going to the studio when I can, starting to talk to journalists and shoot stuff and generally start to become the physical embodiment of my work. Lots of the time, I feel like a brain in a jar, or like this drawing of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s called the transparent eyeball (which I highly recommend you Google, because it’s very much a Solar Power guiding light), but around this time, I’m reminded that I do in fact live in a body that people can see, and it helps communicate and symbolise the work I’ve made. So trying to walk a lot, look at people and things and generally (I hate this phrase every time anyone uses it and I’m inviting you to hate me now) ground myself, and each day that passes sees me become a little more in it, a little less shy about everything and a little more ready to invite you in. Really, I want you to have the whole album tomorrow. But we’ll get to all that.

e6c7c522-9f2d-76ea-96c0-5e66bb458477.jpe

I was up late last night, scrolling through the Notes folder on my iPhone. Notes has become sort of this mythical zone for the modern songwriter, as with Voice Memos, and it’s true — we are all writing every ****ing song using these two applications. When i think about any romantic notions I may have had as a kid of writing my songs elegantly in a notebook with pen, I laugh. The truth is, my written hand is really slow. Typing is the fastest I can get something out, and speed is key. But my Notes app also functions as a sort of interesting time capsule— I can see lists of groceries or Christmas gifts I needed to buy years ago alongside deep thoughts about where I’m at and what I’m making as they start to form. I took some screenshots last night, cause I thought it could be of vague interest to you.

Starting here, late 2018. Hadn’t started writing anything for this album, but having thoughts about it. And starting to hate being online.

50dd4828-e3ed-da8c-735e-ca9e53ac340f.jpg

1c4f982f-172a-9b23-3fb7-2001db2f7b27.jpg 

Thinking more about myself as a domestic person, a partner, a mother.

90d73ca3-205a-c72a-0f9b-e820839a0ccf.jpg

Driving back from Matapouri and going through one of those full roaring tunnels of cicada sound, it striking a deep chord.

63b88dc1-b6f4-859e-60c6-a2c202b69662.jpg

Starting to conceptualise — again, this is before any music has really been written… Maybe I had one song. Check out the March 7th note that’s basically the Solar Power video… before we’d written it.

db180c4c-04f9-f8d1-013c-1efe6bdcd482.jpg

0d3fc245-7ed0-4a3c-d470-72ff006ae5aa.jpg

c238fc94-5523-7b20-fb74-801865eeb280.jpg

Cute tbh 🥰

1fedf931-1e4c-8aa0-3ea6-70de0f7c5edf.jpg

See: 1:15 in SP video...

3d0b3ecb-451b-f145-730b-9fd600dace9a.jpg

Believe this more deeply than ever!

e775e9ef-fd7d-4a07-bddb-eaa9c3ef7930.jpg

And to finish, a weirdly prescient note, a year before this was all anyone talked about:

bfa94ef7-6691-381d-4ed8-a18d8b7c1881.jpg

Kinda interesting, no?

Hope you’re good, and doing some fun summertime **** if you can. Oh, I forgot to say, I was here for 4th of July, my first ever. We rode around Amagansett on bikes at dusk, parked up at the beach and stood on the sand for a few minutes. I had eaten a gummy. The light was gold and misted. Wealthy people were sunning themselves. It was distinctly surreal and beautiful, with something simmering underneath — America.

Speak soon,

E x

d17bcf6c-5e4f-076a-6967-77eab8b8b001.jpe 

alsemanche

We have a new rumor and it's a good one :enigma:

Spoiler

Stoned at the Nail Salon is allegedly coming next week according to Mr S 

IMG-20210715-WA0006.jpg

The track length was also added to iTunes

COOOK

Loving her vibes, her energy, her mind... I want this album now :bradley:

On 7/13/2021 at 11:39 AM, alsemanche said:

Another weird moment of culture shock onset shooting a thing (which I’ll maybe be able to share in next newsletter!) outdoors, everyone was sweating in jean shorts, looking like people, and I was wearing an archive Prada bolero top, hair and makeup pristine.

This must be the performance she's doing on that late night/talk show(?) or something, right?

alsemanche
11 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Loving her vibes, her energy, her mind... I want this album now :bradley:

This must be the performance she's doing on that late night/talk show(?) or something, right?

It could be actually. It's happening tonight (US night) so we'll know soon enough!!

alsemanche

IT'S HAPPENING Y'ALL!!! 

alsemanche

Mood Ring is leaking apparently :selena:

yup it's out there in potato quality 

alsemanche

New email coming up! 

alsemanche

Subject: Dissociation whilst getting pedicures 

afd9ac18-ba3d-31aa-814e-b85812620573.jpe 

Hello my mates. I hope you’re doing good out there. I’ve just gotten back from a crazy amazing shoot in the middle of nowhere that I can’t tell you anything about yet, surprise surprise, but that you’ll see soon and — I’ll put money on this — **** your pants over. It was very very intense and amazing, and then it was over and we were driving back through the redwoods, and I was sitting in the back of a sprinter van with my feet up on the seat like a naughty teen, shaking my head that this is my life. It’s something I keep going on and on about, I know, but it’s just so insane, the contrast between home and here. I’ve been trading the tour bus for the grocery store line over and over since I was sixteen (I’ll probably do it forever), and a couple of years ago I realised it was time to write about those two sides to my life. I started writing this in the first six months after stopping touring for Melo. I was so tired by the end, I’d been so busy for so long, and I remember at the end of that tour saying to people I knew “I’m just going to go home and get bored” — because it had been two years since I had been at a loose end, bored out of my brain going from the couch to the fridge, and I was craving that. The first couple months of it were incredible— I’d run a bath at 10am and eat a slice of cake in it! My bandmate Jimmy and I would go out for these long lunches on Mondays and drink wine! But eventually, of course, the insecurity that this was my life now, that I wasn’t a titan of industry, but someone who just… cooked and walked the dog and gardened crept in. I was starting to fall out of step with the times culturally, I didn’t have my finger firmly on the pulse for the first time in my life, and I could feel the next round of precocious teenagers starting to come up, and I felt insecure that they were gonna eat my lunch, so to speak. Was I over the hill?!! This song was borne out of that feeling. I was sure that I was building a beautiful life for myself, but I wasn’t sure if that life was going to satisfy the same thirsty, fearless person who could tear apart a festival stage or be in seven countries in seven days. I know now that as hard as I try to run towards or away one of the sides of my life, they’re both very much who I am. It’s jarring to move between them, but that dichotomy is me. And writing this song was a real step toward embracing that. It’s almost comical to be writing this from a hotel room where my life is busier than ever, my iCal is wall to wall from wake to sleep, and of course I’m daydreaming about cooking and gardening and romanticising the greener grass once again… SO IT GOES.

9115e839-4342-6ff0-8303-38c3b0724c65.jpg

I brought the kernel for this into Jack’s home studio on the same trip as Solar Power. I found this cute pic of us the day we were writing it. It’s pretty cute that we’re gonna perform this on Seth tonight the day it comes out, shoulder to shoulder two years and change to the day that we wrote it. I hope you love this song, and this side to the album, and I hope if you’re someone who also has a habit of tiptoeing up to a deep thought then doubting yourself or dissociating, you know you’re not alone.

More soon. Love you so very much, and think of you fondly, even when I can’t see you.

Til next time, may happy gods attend you,
E x

QUESTION ZONE
Wow you guys sent SO many amazing emails I’m genuinely so touched and am really enjoying reading through them when I get a moment. Holy **** I am thankful to have such sweet thoughtful people on the other end of the line. I gotta wrap this up cause I wanna watch Game 6, but just a few answers here.

SCWWTS Lucy asked if I had any book recommendations for you guys, and to that I’ll offer a few books I’ve either enjoyed recently or am excited to get into. This Lowell Hardwick letters collection might actually warrant its own newsletter, but I thought of this quote from Lowell in it about Nail Salon today — “In the best art, as in life, all the blood-veins go to the heart.”

1a089bc3-a742-cafa-3aa7-3ab43060193b.jpg

SCWWTS Paulo sent in this sweet photo of a baby duck that you must see!!!!!!

b3d5dc19-5cc4-452b-c42d-f51524c87643.jpe

Hello to 13-year-old SCWWTS Anna from Jamaica— I love knowing that you’re cranking SP over there :—)

SCWWTS Tostiloco wanted to know my favourite flavour of ice cream. It’s pistachio.

SCWWTS Laura asked me about my favourite hikes, and told me about some of hers, and said this amazing thing about the geography near where she lives near the Santa Cruz mountains: “It’s sandy because millions of years ago the mountains were at the bottom of the ocean!” Wow.

Lastly, SCWWTS Aldana asked for tips on how to maintain one’s spicy summer energy through the winter. Sis, firstly, I feeeeel you on this. I’ve kind of run away from winter in New Zealand for the past two years which is NAUGHTY OF ME I KNOW IT HAPPENS FOR A REASON but I’m in such an endless summer state of mind and can’t resist. Obviously my life is very charmed and specific and not everyone can do that, so my tips are as follows—
*Rug up and go for a walk if you can bear it. I always feel better feeling some clear air, even if it’s freezing. This works especially well on a non-rainy day. If it’s a rainy day, I’d honestly just stay inside and make a nice pot of soup. I feel personally attacked by rain.
*Invite your girlfriends round, turn the heat up really high in your house if you have heat, wear sexy summer dresses and make like really summery tequila-based drinks and apply skincare, it’ll be for your chapped winter face but you could imagine that it’s sunscreen. Idk I’ve never done this but it sounds fun.
*Check the upcoming weather for sunny days. Even if it’s cold, you should do your best to UTILISE this winter sun. Go for a chilly walk before work, drive to a beach on the weekend, sit with the sun on your face with giant scarves and coats entombing the rest of your body even! I went on a winter beach weekend with some friends last summer, one minute we were walking on the beach in puffer jackets and all of a sudden the sun came out and next minute we were in our underwear in the water!!! Anything could happen!!
*Buy yellow flowers from the bodega/dairy/newsagent/corner store. Yellow flowers always help. I like chrysanthemums and parrot tulips and cymbidium.

Okay byeeee for now enjoy the song here!

Pop Music

loving the vibe of this album so far

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

• 2 weeks later...

Archived