'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift Joins Cast of David O. Russell’s Next Film

Kalinda

Featured Posts

GucciGa
Just now, jimmytimestep said:

She may not have known he was attached when she signed on.

Lmao yeah right!!!! She knew! 

😇

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
3 minutes ago, Kalinda said:

You're not starring in the movie, unlike Taylor. Do you honestly think a megastar like her just blindly agrees to a project like this? And the assault story is literally on his Wikipedia page and not hidden in the depths of the internet.

You’d be very, very, very surprised.
Also, nothing may be inked yet. press folks will leak news before the deal is done more often than you know.

Kalinda
19 minutes ago, Nemo said:

No, but I think she might decide based on reading the script, or on who else is involved, or maybe even on having seen some of his movies, and not immediately think "I need to research this guy to see if he's problematic."

1) He's not problematic, he's an abuser. 2) Sorry, I don't believe for one second that Taylor and her team didn't look up his VERY PUBLIC history of abusive behavior before deciding to join this high-profile project. I like Taylor, I'm a fan but I don't have to make excuses for this grown woman when she makes disappointing choices.

For years, she has made women's empowerment, feminism, speaking out against sexual harassment & assault part of her brand. Now she's joined a movie from a known abuser. What does that say about her? 

nodandsmile

get outta there Taylor get outta there!

his movies are hella overrated too 

Kalinda
25 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

You’d be very, very, very surprised.
Also, nothing may be inked yet. press folks will leak news before the deal is done more often than you know.

While that may be true, Variety says they already completed production on the movie, so Taylor's involvement wasn't reported until the movie was done. That's different from how most casting news are reported.

jimmytimestep
7 minutes ago, Kalinda said:

While that may be true, Variety says they already completed production on the movie, so Taylor's involvement wasn't reported until the movie was done. That's different from how most casting news are reported.

Fair

Chromatography
1 hour ago, enissa11 said:

not surprised, i suspected she was the type of celebritie who cares about woman's rights advocacy only when she's the one affected

it’s really hypocritical to say this when lady gaga has also worked with known abusers, terry richardson and r kelly when those accusations were well known prior to working with them. 

enissa11
15 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

it’s really hypocritical to say this when lady gaga has also worked with known abusers, terry richardson and r kelly when those accusations were well known prior to working with them. 

why hypocritical? yes, and fairly enough she was criticized by it, took action, delete the song and apologize for it giving the context and all the reasons that made her agreed to the collaboration, i believed her, and turn the page. i don't know why you bring that up when is this case we're talking about. During ARTPOP she wasn't in a good mental state and her rebel and reckless spirit made her blind, the song in question in which they collaborated talks about how she doesn't care about her physical body and how much pain she has to take with it.

Mad Architect of Light

Chromatography
1 minute ago, enissa11 said:

During ARTPOP she wasn't in a good mental state and her rebel and reckless spirit made her blind, the song in question in which they collaborated talks about how she doesn't care about her physical body and how much pain she has to take with it.

this is a poor excuse and makes no sense why you would bring this up at all. 

1 minute ago, enissa11 said:

yes, and fairly enough she was criticized by it, took action, delete the song and apologize for it giving the context and all the reasons that made her agreed to the collaboration, i believed her, and turn the page. i don't know why you bring that up when is this case we're talking about.

okay? and now taylor’s being criticized, so let’s see if she says anything about it. it’s only fair you cut her the same slack you cut gaga. 

enissa11
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

this is a poor excuse and makes no sense why you would bring this up at all. 

i brought that up because you acted as if she never addressed that and made her explanations and apologized, that's the reason i don't question gaga genuinely interest in women's advocacy, she also has actively supported other women in the industry and other victims of sexual assault, she also has the btw foundation etc. If you think it were poor excuses that's on you.
I just have seen taylor speaking in general about her discomfort about the industry and her own experiences and profiting from it.
Plus the case of gaga was before the explosion of the me too movement and the increasing social awareness in recent years, today you have less excuses to work with abusers.

1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

okay? and now taylor’s being criticized, so let’s see if she says anything about it. it’s only fair you cut her the same slack you cut gaga. 

so you saw me indulging gaga's involvement with abusers back in the day? even if you do, am i not allowed to change my opinion?

Mad Architect of Light

DiamondHeart326
6 hours ago, Kalinda said:

1) He's not problematic, he's an abuser. 2) Sorry, I don't believe for one second that Taylor and her team didn't look up his VERY PUBLIC history of abusive behavior before deciding to join this high-profile project. I like Taylor, I'm a fan but I don't have to make excuses for this grown woman when she makes disappointing choices.

For years, she has made women's empowerment, feminism, speaking out against sexual harassment & assault part of her brand. Now she's joined a movie from a known abuser. What does that say about her? 

As someone who has friends who are actors it doesn't work like that sometimes. You have an agent and they'll shove scripts at you and that script doesn't always say directed by produced by a lot of times they only include the name of the writer/writers of the screenplay. They scout directors and producers just as they scout the actors so judge if you want I understand this guys a douchecunt who deserves to be canceled but if this is even true she could have signed on to play the part long before he was even attached to the project so unless you know for sure isn't what you are doing abusive as well? Jumping to conclusions? I mean when you assume you make an ass of u&me right 🤷‍♂️ I get why you're upset but 'you need to calm down' a little cuz it's not right to jump to judgment when you don't know the details of this situation nor of how Hollywood works with casting movies. And I'm not just saying I have friends who are actors my step sisters cousin is john c Reilly and I only use his name cuz he's like family to me I won't name drop others but I'm just saying, it's not as simple as this. Also to be fair I'm a huge pop culture junkie as I'm a writer trying to break into the industry myself and I'd never even heard of this guy til this forum post let alone news of his shitty unacceptable behavior.  Attack him by all means but just stop with the hatred towards taylor or anyone else for that matter that might work for someone like this asshat cuz not everyone is evil by association, it's a ****ed up industry and if you really want to fulfill your dreams of working in it, you have to do some side stepping and ignoring until afterwards I mean they could ****ing ruin your career. It's easy for you to say well I would never, but is that your dream? When you want something bad you have to play ball in an industry built on blood and tears and sexual assault of both women and men. Sometimes that means working with shitty people. I mean it's no different for any of us, if you don't want to lose your job you tolerate shitty people until it affects your mental health and even then you keep showing up trying to keep your job. It's ****ed up all over in this world and especially in this country, try judging her a little less and put the focus on him. It's not a good vibe you give off by being so angry at someone who didn't do anything wrong. Again though I understand why you are angry at him and about the situation but is this really who people are becoming now? Hating everyone who is linked through work to someone shitty? I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️

Quentin
8 hours ago, Kalinda said:

I know Taylor isn't perfect but I assumed she genuinely cared about the issue of sexual harassment & assault because she experienced it herself but apparently she doesn't care if she isn't affected by it. This news has just been so disappointing as a Taylor fan. How can you work with someone like that???

I think if Taylor read that comment it would be hurtful

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Archived