💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Death of “Lady Gaga”: A Retrospective Look At Her Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

rinasawachanta

There is a conceptual error throughout the essay. There is no such thing as a self or an essence that the individual, in this case Gaga, takes it upon herself to reveal or cover up. Gaga is everything you described and more. At times more histrionic, at times more down-to-earth, at times more outlandish, at times more stripped-down. It's all part of who she is: her accents ("fake" or not), all her looks, the way she's changed (even physically). It all makes Gaga/Stefani. It's not about "peeling back the layers of the onion" to find out who lies beneath them, but realizing that the subject IS those multiple layers.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

You really should not have posted this on GGD just because sadly most are not willing to actually consider what you're trying to say and will take any slight opinion as an attack. Just look at the immature replies already. 

That said I do feel there's a lot of plain inaccuracies in what you said.

chaeri pls

NFRatwell

Imagine looking past the LoveGame or Eh Eh music videos so you can call her previous work complex and full of storytelling and then disregard her latest video 911 to say her latest works don’t have complexity or storytelling. Also, Gaga is a lot more than being weird. Gaga is Stefani when she’s feeling the most artistically creative. There’s no look or sound for Gaga. 

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Her team, producers, and single choices were a perfect storm to create the character “Lady Gaga”

And also her talent.

Space Cowboy

"When people think that they know what Lady Gaga is.. I'm going to remind them that they dont." - Lady Gaga

enissa11
2 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

There is a conceptual error throughout the essay. There is no such thing as a self or an essence that the individual, in this case Gaga, takes it upon herself to reveal or cover up. Gaga is everything you described and more. At times more histrionic, at times more down-to-earth, at times more outlandish, at times more stripped-down. It's all part of who she is: her accents ("fake" or not), all her looks, the way she's changed (even physically). It all makes Gaga/Stefani. It's not about "peeling back the layers of the onion" to find out who lies beneath them, but realizing that the subject IS those multiple layers.

Aura in a nutshell

Mad Architect of Light

julz

What I like about these threads is that it shows that Lady Gaga is not just a celebrity or a person that reaches for The Dream. She is a study, a strategy, a journey, an evolution, an art. We can have multiple interpretations about what is going on with her, and we may like it or not. Regardless, she's an ongoing story that is captivating and inspiring. 

Great analysis and effort @ApplauseftAdele

Space Cowboy
13 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

She revealed the truth in ARTPOP when she said it 'could mean anything'.

JustTea
2 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I don’t think Gaga had a single “smash” radio pop hit after TF/TFM, the success of all of her later dance-pop singles were more carried by her name & the hype surrounding her rather than the song being genuinely loved by the public for it being catchy, etc. I honestly think Gaga got really lucky with her first two era’s. Her team, producers, and single choices were a perfect storm to create the character “Lady Gaga” and bring her to astronomical levels of fame, and everything that came after those two era’s was her riding off that initial hype and character she created, and trying to balance her passions with what the public knew her for. 

I have to remind you that Applause is her biggest radio hit. :huntyga:

Also ROM was more or less a radio smash and loved by public.

Chromatography
6 minutes ago, JustTea said:

I have to remind you that Applause is her biggest radio hit. :huntyga:

wait really ?

Chromatica Island

I didn't read it, but Chromatica has to be her best album of her career, so she ain't dead:billie::bye::fthis:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

SchwineLove

I can't wait until she re-brand herself one day, just vocal and stripped sound. Maybe "Stefani G." sounds good, as the G can refer to Germanotta or Gaga.

Archived