:

:

:

music news

Dua's next album: "completely different and at scale"

alsemanche

Featured Posts

tylerjs

I think Beyoncé once said it best, that artists today don’t put much into making full albums. And that doesn’t mean releasing an album-long track list, but rather putting out constant streams of music for the sake of creating content. Not hating on Dua, i love some of her songs, but I am worried her impact as an actual artist and not a presence in music has the potential to be compromised by her over-saturting herself. When you think of artists like Gaga or Beyoncé, they stand the test of time partially due to the fact that their full bodies of work are huge ordeals to them. They take a long time to create and master, full concept to production, each detail intentional, and there are years-long gaps in between. It’s great on paper for Dua stans getting fed all the time and she’s killing it right now, but will she be able to keep up? And if she does, will there be too many songs to really make a lasting impact down the road? Or worse yet, will her inevitable inability to keep up the constant flow of music cause people to lose interest after she can’t maintain consistent output? Not to mention that she may burn out before her career truly peaks. :shrug: Will be interesting to see. Also interested in seeing how her next album sounds! :hug:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
21 minutes ago, soularpower said:

I think Beyoncé once said it best, that artists today don’t put much into making full albums. And that doesn’t mean releasing an album-long track list, but rather putting out constant streams of music for the sake of creating content. Not hating on Dua, i love some of her songs, but I am worried her impact as an actual artist and not a presence in music has the potential to be compromised by her over-saturting herself. When you think of artists like Gaga or Beyoncé, they stand the test of time partially due to the fact that their full bodies of work are huge ordeals to them. They take a long time to create and master, full concept to production, each detail intentional, and there are years-long gaps in between. It’s great on paper for Dua stans getting fed all the time and she’s killing it right now, but will she be able to keep up? And if she does, will there be too many songs to really make a lasting impact down the road? Or worse yet, will her inevitable inability to keep up the constant flow of music cause people to lose interest after she can’t maintain consistent output? Not to mention that she may burn out before her career truly peaks. :shrug: Will be interesting to see. Also interested in seeing how her next album sounds! :hug:

i don’t think beyoncé was correct in saying this. people can make monumental work in short spans of time. it took taylor only 3 years i believe to release reputation - lover - folklore and they were all monumental titans. it can be done.

whereas katy took time between witness and daises and there was no noise. 

tylerjs
7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t think beyoncé was correct in saying this. people can make monumental work in short spans of time. it took taylor only 3 years i believe to release reputation - lover - folklore and they were all monumental titans. it can be done.

whereas katy took time between witness and daises and there was no noise. 

True, but Katy doesnt really make music like that regardless, not really her style. So I guess time isn’t always the end factor. Not to say artists can never release frequent bodies of work, but would you say Taylor was releasing less often in her establishing years? Not sure, please fill me in because I don’t follow Taylor that closely. But if my memory serves, i think she may have been on a slower cycle until recently once she had already established herself after many years?

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Archived