Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Big Freedia - Judas

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

Its easy to say this sucks compared to the original version... I think using this litmus test, we will feel the same way about all the other reimagined versions. But, damn Big Freedia is fierce, and if anything Gaga doing this helps lift up queer artists and we should celebrate that. 

I'm all for it. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
INNA

Don’t forget that these are complete alternate renditions, with creative control given to the artist. If you can’t bop to it I don’t know what to tell you, take it or leave it.

The overwhelmingly negative response that this is receiving is hardly surprising and it makes me even happier that they dropped this one first.

Also PLEASE stop disrespecting Freedia, she’s been established for decades lol. 

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Oh I like what the instrumental is aiming for, with the bounce style and the horns and flourishes. For me, I think if the production was a bit more fleshed out and beefed up it'd go from decent to high levels of boppage. :music: Interesting, I'd really like to hear more genre twists like this one did from the other Reimagined tracks.

⚡🐲

elijahfan

I appreciate putting the spotlight on queer artists by reimagining one of the most important records ever made for the LGBT community, however.... I wasn't a massive fan of this Judas version :messga: Kinda wish it went to a completely different direction, a bit like the Goldfrapp remix of the song. Still curious about the other reimagined songs.

imnotyourbabe10

I can respect and understand the creative license -- as well as this performer's presence or style.  Just not a fan of this cover.  Something about it felt like Kidz Bop to me, especially in the chorus.

Chic

This is super fun and dancey, you can tell they had a great time recording it too!

Agunimon

The way some of you all are picking and choosing who deserves respect while trash talking girls like Ava, Katy, etc. when they put out a song. Why do people have to walk on eggshells when saying they don't like this song, because this is a prominent figurehead in LGBT community? I'm seeing so many cautionary comments so as to not upset anyone who might report it for being hateful that is atypical of this community when major artists release a song.

Benji
26 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

The way some of you all are picking and choosing who deserves respect while trash talking girls like Ava, Katy, etc. when they put out a song. Why do people have to walk on eggshells when saying they don't like this song, because this is a prominent figurehead in LGBT community? I'm seeing so many cautionary comments so as to not upset anyone who might report it for being hateful that is atypical of this community when major artists release a song.

Well, flamebait is generally frowned upon when discussing any artist here.  That covers a few posts in the thread.

Then a number of other posts are just “this is trash” or “what’s the point” on a discussion board that is supposed to be about discussing Lady Gaga’s work.  The 65th comment of “this is trash” isn’t constructive or worth discussion.  Anyone who hates Gaga’s latest project should just take a break if they feel compelled to enter every thread and say how much they dislike something... go find something you do like!

Akiki

The Sax hits me so hard. It's sooooooo gay. I love this cover. It's funny, It's light, energetic and wild. I think it screams celebration and thats what this is about. I am expecting a very fun album.

Now... get to work. I need a mashup!!! 

Lilbit
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Assuming compliments are cautionary through text alone is an odd way of saying you don’t like the song. 
just say you don’t like it. 
or just don’t say anything :sara:

Agunimon
1 minute ago, Lilbit said:

Assuming compliments are cautionary through text alone is an odd way of saying you don’t like the song. 
just say you don’t like it. 
or just don’t say anything :sara:

I did already in a prior comment. 

Agunimon
2 hours ago, Benji said:

Well, flamebait is generally frowned upon when discussing any artist here.

Fair points. I don’t support it either way. It’s just an observation. 

Lilbit

I love the song. Big Freedia’s fan base includes a lot of black LBGTQIA individuals, and the execution was a great way of *reimagining* Judas as if originated by Freedia. 

Archived