movie

Cruella’ s First Reactions

NichuuB

Featured Posts

Mr Oak
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

The dogs are terrible CGI, the acting isn't great, t

I thought the CGI was great

The other two dogs (dont wanna spoil anything) looked sooo real, especially during the second half of the movie.

The Dalmatians looked really good too. Maybe there were some strange movements when they ran but that's it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mpthecat

Personally, I really liked it. There were some really good, creative ideas there and while they might not have been executed the best way possible, I at least commend them for trying. 

I’m always very critical of the CGI but nothing really took me out of the film, not even the dogs. 

I’m a huge Emma Stone fan but there were moments where I didn’t really like her as Cruella (she was fabulous as Estella). And some of the white/black wigs didn’t really suit her in my opinion. 

Otherwise, I think it was quite fun and the costumes were to die for.

There were some Devil Wears Prada vibes there, though not surprising as the screenwriter of that movie got story credit here. 

Cavadour

Loved it, generally speaking. Campy and great ott perfs of both Emmas. Lots of fashion touches (was thinking sometimes about Gaga dress excentricities). High Gotham vibes. Emma Stone big green eyballs reminds of Batwoman Rachel Skarsten's Alice. Dunno if these obvious nods are good or bad. Looks a bit trendy on the nose. I overall enjoyed it mostly bc of the main leads but I think the trash wasn't trashy enough and the class wasn't classy enough. Great choice of tunes.  

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

RAMROD
3 hours ago, Helxig said:
Spoiler

Apparently they 'explain' why she hates dalmations and it's because her mother was knocked off a ledge and killed by a dalmation :bear:  and that alone made me lose a little faith

That is not correct. :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Helxig
3 hours ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

Except she doesn't hate dalmatians...

3 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

But she doesn’t hate dalmatians 😭

2 hours ago, Chaymie said:

She doesn't hate Dalmatians. In fact she is portrayed as a dog lover in this one. 
I think watching the full movie will give a bigger context. 

But the CGI tho...on the dogs! Gosh! They were awful! I don't get why they couldn't use real trained dogs. 

I get the CGI dogs for action sequences but even normal walking and sitting and other trivial scenes with the dogs are CGI. o.o 

42 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That is not correct. :triggered:

OH. You guys are telling me in this new movie the character doesn't hate dalmations :laughga:  I thought y'all meant the original character as we know her. Okay makes sense. Someone else who's seen the movie had written that for some reason and I guess I just took their word :green:  my bad

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

i highly doubt this would top glenn close, sorry. this looks reinvented and glenn did a very good and cruel CRUELLA.

LG2008

Does she had to hate dalmatians in this movie? I thought that in the original (at least Glenn Close's version) she wanted the puppies to make a coat because Anita made a design inspired on her dog and that's when she became obsessed with dalmatians :oprah: Isn't this a prequel to those films? They changed Anita and Roger's ethnicities, tho :oprah:

I might be wrong, I haven't watched the films in soo long :ladyhaha: But if that's the story, I don't know why people were expecting her to try to kill the dogs... I really liked the way they referenced that, tho 

I watched it in theaters and really enjoyed it :flutter:

Luna Lovegood
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

OH. You guys are telling me in this new movie the character doesn't hate dalmations :laughga:  I thought y'all meant the original character as we know her. Okay makes sense. Someone else who's seen the movie had written that for some reason and I guess I just took their word :green:  my bad

It’s okay bestie

luna’s advocate

River

I think Disney is not using real animals in movies anymore this is why the dogs were CGI even in calm scenes.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, River said:

I think Disney is not using real animals in movies anymore this is why the dogs were CGI even in calm scenes.

Even though it doesn't look that good, I rather in this way cuz it's not a good thing obligate animals to stay hours in a set make them nervous, tired or scared

Property of @Whale

Galvon

From what I saw in trailers she doesn't smoke in this movie, fine, she doesn't wear fur, fine, I guess. I mean it's like a prequel, so she is a younger Cruella here. 101 Dalmations is set in another time in her life. From what I heard she likes dogs in this movie, well oke then? Like I said it's another time in her life, so she can be different here.

But it seems there isn't much left of the og character in this movie. She is just a B*tch with black and white hair?

So Disney really pulled another Maleficent with this movie? At least I heard she still a villain.

Btw don't give me more spoilers.

Mr Oak
2 minutes ago, Galvon said:

I mean it's like a prequel, so she is a younger Cruella here. 101 Dalmations is set in another time in her life.

I don't know about that...I think it's a remake

The Dalmatians are a big part of this movie 

pop a 911

I really enjoyed this movie, I’m sure they will make sequels to show how she eventually morphs into the Cruella from 101 Dalmatians, but I really enjoyed this 

i’m not real, i’m theatre

Archived