Damon

who has the the to see her doing two damn wings for an hour and a half? :bear:

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

the best thing about the Tara situation is that people use reference pictures of amazing paintwork she did, when either someone else did it, or she replicated a look Billy B created.

I really like Tara and used to love her looks back in the day but lets be honest. She basically just did a long eyeliner? :air:

OMonster

It's kinda funny to me how Gaga seems to sort of morph into her makeup artist of the time, lol. Like, in this video, Tara actually looks like Gaga back in the BTW era and it's not just because of the makeup. Nowadays, there are days when I think Gaga and Sarah look very similar, too. 

subtext / fantasy

boyerased

People have very short memories. I remember when many people were dragging tara for the cakey makeup, face tapes, getting gaga to do botox and fillers, etc same as with djws and wanting redone back. Anyways this is nice to see the look came to be.

GucciGa
49 minutes ago, umaru said:

Yes, it's weird to see her praised now :green: 

There was a group of fans who thought Tara was a bad influence and was creepy/obsessed with gaga because they started to look identical. Then another group of fans were really intense shippers /wattpad vibes :green:

Ikr.... The way people rewrite history is hilarious... Like a lot of us were RIGHT HERE and remember the truth... 

😇

MonsterBall13
1 hour ago, buzzkill said:

Will gaga really ignore the 10th year anniversary of btw? Not an reissue with some unfinished b-sides? Like... this album was so iconic, it deserve to be acknowledge by her.

Exactly and 2012 me definitely needed this tutorial 

Rebel

The way she’s literally just doing her makeup and people are like “THEY THINK SHE’S A GOD!!!” um :triggered:

GucciGa
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Yes and she is now hailed as a God and Sarah keeps being dragged through the mud. People are just never satisfied with whats they have at the moment and keep glorifying the past. 

This is exactly the problem. This fandom never appreciates the present, no matter how good it is. 

And I like Tara, she seems like a nice person but I always side eye how she allows fans to trash Sarah in her comments with zero pushback. All she has to say is "I like to keep things positive around here so please done argue with each other or be mean towards anyone in general or I will block". She doesn't have to be specific.  There were times last year when I'd look at her replies and some of the comments were really horrible. Bullying basically. 

The odd thing is, I have been watching her lives and Sarah sometimes popped in to say hi. So they seem on OK terms. 

😇

buzzkill
53 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

This is exactly the problem. This fandom never appreciates the present, no matter how good it is. 

And I like Tara, she seems like a nice person but I always side eye how she allows fans to trash Sarah in her comments with zero pushback. All she has to say is "I like to keep things positive around here so please done argue with each other or be mean towards anyone in general or I will block". She doesn't have to be specific.  There were times last year when I'd look at her replies and some of the comments were really horrible. Bullying basically. 

The odd thing is, I have been watching her lives and Sarah sometimes popped in to say hi. So they seem on OK terms. 

But is it her job to do more than this? I mean, 99% are trolls anyway

Head Empty

There's a couple of key things people need to realize about any make-up artist:

- They always have to work in a hurry, because Gaga has very little time to sit still while working on any given project. Her time is worth a lot of money to all people involved. And especially when she does multiple looks a day, it can be strenuous.

- Gaga needs to be able to have fun with them. Makeup artists are up close and personal with her every day, so if she can't have a good time with them, that'll be a problem. No matter their skill.

- Gaga needs to trust them. You can be the best makeup artist in the world, but Gaga also needs to be able to rely on you in whatever sticky situations arise behind the scenes. Those situation can be personally embarrassing, difficult and intense for Gaga, so she needs the people around her to have her back.

Those are some hefty criteria, and can matter more than whether or not Gaga's eyeliner might be crooked once or twice a month.

GucciGa
7 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

But is it her job to do more than this? I mean, 99% are trolls anyway

No, not her job. But when they are specifically comparing her and Sarah it's a little more personal  and specific than general trolls. 

😇

buzzkill
4 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

No, not her job. But when they are specifically comparing her and Sarah it's a little more personal  and specific than general trolls. 

But what can she do about it? Ignore is a wise thing to do in order to not get dragged into drama in these kind of circumstances. 

Joshie S
34 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

There's a couple of key things people need to realize about any make-up artist:

- They always have to work in a hurry, because Gaga has very little time to sit still while working on any given project. Her time is worth a lot of money to all people involved. And especially when she does multiple looks a day, it can be strenuous.

- Gaga needs to be able to have fun with them. Makeup artists are up close and personal with her every day, so if she can't have a good time with them, that'll be a problem. No matter their skill.

- Gaga needs to trust them. You can be the best makeup artist in the world, but Gaga also needs to be able to rely on you in whatever sticky situations arise behind the scenes. Those situation can be personally embarrassing, difficult and intense for Gaga, so she needs the people around her to have her back.

Those are some hefty criteria, and can matter more than whether or not Gaga's eyeliner might be crooked once or twice a month.

omg ALL OF THIS. ALL OF THIS! :vegas:

In NikkiTutorials vid, it was even mentioned that Nikki is the first person to touch Gaga's face in almost a decade.

I believe this is also due to Gaga's trauma response. She NEEDS to have people around her she trusts, otherwise it may trigger something bad.

ALSO, in Five Foot Two, we also saw the doctor mention how Gaga has this "intense pain in her face where she feels like she is constantly running from the title", this has to have some sort of impact on who touches her face for makeup&and hair. This is why her team are so close. "Little Monsters" aka "fans" will never understand.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

GucciGa
32 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

omg ALL OF THIS. ALL OF THIS! :vegas:

In NikkiTutorials vid, it was even mentioned that Nikki is the first person to touch Gaga's face in almost a decade.

I believe this is also due to Gaga's trauma response. She NEEDS to have people around her she trusts, otherwise it may trigger something bad.

ALSO, in Five Foot Two, we also saw the doctor mention how Gaga has this "intense pain in her face where she feels like she is constantly running from the title", this has to have some sort of impact on who touches her face for makeup&and hair. This is why her team are so close. "Little Monsters" aka "fans" will never understand.

What does running from the title mean 

😇

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I really like Tara and used to love her looks back in the day but lets be honest. She basically just did a long eyeliner? :air:

she basically just did a black liner and intense blush, yes. 

Many of the looks people associate with Tara were actually done by other makeup artists. The Born This Way Era for example: Grammys, BTW Video, Judas Video, Born This Way Album Shoot, You And I Video, Rolling Stone Shoot, Vogue Shoot, iD Mag Shoot, ect. were all done by other people. Since the Heavy Eyeliner look was created for the BTW Era, she also did it, but others did it way better and more precise. When she did it it was more often than not messy and sloppy. 

Archived