💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Advice for Chromatica Ball

DiamondAngel

Featured Posts

DiamondAngel

Hi everyone!

First time making a thread or posting in a long time! Hope you're all doing well :runhug:

I've never really been to a concert before (I went to an album release party of a really cheesy band but that doesn't count) and have decided to get tickets to the Chromatica Ball. Please no "the CBT isn't happening" or "it's irresponsible to go to concerts during the pandemic." I'm well aware that there's a good chance it'll be cancelled, but I'm planning in advance in case it's not. As far as irresponsibility, I always wore a mask/stayed inside/social distanced during the pandemic and will continue to do so until everyone who wants to receive a vaccination can get one, and when public health official say it's ok not to. That being said, I'm fully vaxxed and will be ready to resume normal activities by August should the universe allow it. 

I've never bought concert tickets before so I need advice. Right now, to get good seats for the NJ date, it's pretty expensive. I want good seats since it's my first concert and I've been saving, so if I have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to get a good view so be it. But I'm wondering if the prices will fall closer to the date. I'm afraid if I wait too long, they'll all get snatched up (although right now there are plenty available). Should I go ahead and shell out 300+ bucks now or wait and see if prices fall? What do you recommend? I'm not really sure how it works. Any other pre-concert advice is welcome too! Thanks in advance! :pawsup:

bionic

Generally tickets don’t depreciate in value that much the closer you get. Even if you buy them literally outside the arena you won’t get a huge discount and the tickets may not be great. 

Id always recommend paying more now if that guarantees you getting a better experience, rather than leaving it to chance

that being said... :gum:

buy bionic

FentyGa

here’s some advice for the day of the show (i’ve only been to one arena show, but plenty of concerts in smaller venues. my advice is mostly the same)

-bring water

-bring merch money. it might seem like an unnecessary expense, but if you can, you won’t regret it. once you get there, you’ll wanna get something to remember the show by.

-you don’t have to be there early if you have a seat. seems obvious, but you’d think there’d be a line lol. if you have a seat, it’s yours to take regardless when you get there.

-pick a song from the setlist to record. ofc you wanna have a great time, but you also wanna have some videos to remember the show by. pick a song that you don’t particularly love, but still like, and record that one.

Alannah

Buy the ticket now so you don't regret spending more money for a further away seat later on. You can always grab a better ticket if the prices fall and try to sell your old ticket to recoup expenses. 

Also, if it ends up being postponed, you're guaranteed a ticket for the new date!

Kdavies12

I’ve been to dozens of concerts so can provide some information.

Leaving it until the last minute is very risky. You may get lucky and get some cheap seats that are great, but you are more likely to find good seats are either extremely expensive or unavailable. You also have the issue that if it does go ahead and gets confirmed, loads of people will swarm and buy tickets because of the certainty. Due to the uncertainty at the moment I’d say it’s a great time to secure a ticket!

JRCF29

My TCB tix were bought resale because the medium-priced, good seats were gone and the rest of the seats were exorbitant. 

I've been to many concerts, and it's always a good idea to have your tickets secured in advance in case of any number of adverse developments. In my experience, ticket prices for arena/stadium shows generally start high and stay high, so there's no benefit to waiting in the hopes that you'll get a 1/2-off bargain price for a floor seat. 

I also concur with those saying that there will be a rush (including on the secondary market) if/when the concert is confirmed (I would assume within the next few weeks there will be an update from somebody). I recommend buying now.

Use www.aviewfrommyseat.com to get a sense of what your seat will look like

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29

As far as general tips go, I've seen some others mention some but I'd like to reiterate and add some of my own: 

-Stay hydrated with anything but alcohol. I will never understand why some people spend hundreds of $ on tickets to a concert just to spend another $100 getting drunk and not remembering any of it. 

-Buy some type of merch, but not necessarily a $50 shirt (though Gaga's merch is usually moderately-priced). A hat, poster, koozie, etc. works fine if you don't want to break the bank

-If you don't know/like the opening act, you can show up much later than the Doors time. It is NOT enjoyable to sit for an hour waiting for DJWS, only to be bored by his 30-minute long set. Don't be late, but don't be earlier than you have to be. 

-Use the bathroom before and/or after the show. The men's line at concerts tends to be much shorter, but you still don't want to be caught five minutes away from your seat when the lights go out; once you leave the arena, you'll be spending the next hour or so (at least) in traffic, of both the foot and actual kind, so you won't have on-demand access to a restroom. 

-Stay for the encore. If you paid for the tickets, you should stay for the whole show. I expect the encore this time around will be a banger too, most likely ROM. A small group of fans will probably rush the exits at the 19-song mark, but the traffic jam in the parking lot is worth it to get your money's worth. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

I honestly think there's no planning to do right now like Im sorry but it's not going to happen I know u said u dont want to read that type of message but it's just the truth i dont see the point in planning. I bought mine right now and it'd be my first Gaga concert but Im not even bothering planning that day 

DavidJP

Get the tickets now, if you can afford great seats then get them. even if it doesn't happen, youll still get a refund

Dont worry about time, she often has opening acts and doesnt go on on time(JWT showtime was 8:00 on the ticket and  she went on at 10:15).  

hydrate, before and during.

Dress accordingly too, dont wear any heavy or dark clothing. Its in august so it will probably be HOT

Bring cash as well as a credit/debit card for merch/food/drinks! i always try to carry cash in case something goes wrong with your card(the chip reader doesnt work, or worst case, you lose it) 

If you can find someone to go with you, then you can split parking(I've never been to metlife stadium so i assume you have to pay)

Dont be afraid to chat with the people sitting by you either! 

Bring sunglasses!!! depending on where you sit and how early you get there, the sun may still be setting and may get in your face

DiamondAngel

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm gonna go ahead and book my tickets this weekend (unless it gets cancelled before then) :huntyga:

Stephen
6 hours ago, FentyGa said:

-pick a song from the setlist to record. ofc you wanna have a great time, but you also wanna have some videos to remember the show by. pick a song that you don’t particularly love, but still like, and record that one.

This is a GREAT tip. I do the same, but usually I pick 3 or 4 songs and I don't record the entire song. It's so much better being in the moment and it's a good compromise to still have a few videos after.

RAMROD

Tickets are harder to find closer to the show date. Especially the good seats. So I advise, as everyone here, to get them now.

Also, make sure the entrance in the venue and the refund process will be easy, that you don't need to show the first hand's ID or their CC that they use to purchase them initially or whatever, just in case.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Fashionofhissteven

Better To Buy Now Than Later. You Don’t Want To Rush Getting All Things Ready Last Minute On A Rushed Budget. 🚨 Also Make Sure To Get Ticket Insurance Though (: 

Make Sure Your Phone Is Fully Charged And If You Go With A Friend You Might Want To Take Turns Recording Or Photo Taking. Or A Portable Charger

Arrive Early For Merch If You Gonna Buy. 
(Some Stuff From The Website May Be There Too) 

Dress Lightly & Comfortably Since It Will Be The Summer And Areas Can Be Both In Or Outdoor & Depending On The Weather ⛈

Food & Drink Will Be Available If You Wanna Snack  🍬 But I Do Recommend Eating Before Or After Since Most Concerts Charge A Bit More. 🍾

Interact With Stans, They Are So Much Fun IRL! 〰️

(Just Bought My Tickets For Front Row VIP Seats In Chicago) ⚔️

Have Fun & Enjoy Yourself It’s Going To Be An Amazing Experience 💗

Archived