• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Dolly

• Benji

• PinkJelly

• Living

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is exactly why they want independence. This nasty elitist attitude that England has been showing for decades. England has the same mindset that the people here in the US do: that they're somehow

More money is sent upto Scotland per head than in England, Scotland has a very good deal with being a part of the union.

Can Scotland not make its own choices? I mean, I don't see the point in breaking up unions but if they want to leave, let them leave

PartySick

Can Scotland not make its own choices? I mean, I don't see the point in breaking up unions but if they want to leave, let them leave :laughga:

We're disrespecting each other, whatever happened to protecting each other đź’”
  • Like 2
Benji

Again, nationalist spin.

He said we need a law “defining how frequently referendums on such a matter may be held” after the previous “once in a lifetime” referendum is trying to be retconned within a decade :laughga: I’m in total agreement, the SNP can’t call for a referendum every time they don’t get an answer they want.

Miss Dolly
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Again, nationalist spin.

He said we need a law “defining how frequently referendums on such a matter may be held” after the previous “once in a lifetime” referendum is trying to be retconned within a decade :laughga: I’m in total agreement, the SNP can’t call for a referendum every time they don’t get an answer they want.

Of course you’d think that. A referendum should be called if the people of a specific country calls for one, that’s democracy. We, as Scots, have a mandate for Indyref2 because of Brexit 

The UK Government should not legally force us to stay in the union. That’s not a union of equals, that’s colonisation. 

Edited by Miss Dolly
Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
bionic
7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Again, nationalist spin.

I get that there shouldn't be referenda every 5 minutes, but if the SNP are re-elected on a manifesto that states they will request a national referendum, is that not a public mandate for one? 

There should have been frequency restrictions from the start. 

As the old adage would go... remain needs to win every time, independence only needs to win once

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1
Benji
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

Of course you’d think that. A referendum should be called if the people of a specific country calls for one, that’s democracy. We, as Scots, have a mandate for Indyref2 because of Brexit 

A majority voted to remain in a “once in a lifetime” referendum under ten years ago.  Referendums mean nothing if they happen time after time until the party calling for them gets the answer they want.  Remember, it could take you five referendums to finally get a leave majority but then that’s it, I don’t think the rest of the kingdom would vote in favour of having Scotland rejoin them and become a burden for the tax payer again.

Living
7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Again, nationalist spin.

LOL talk about a hot take

Living
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

A majority voted to remain in a “once in a lifetime” referendum under ten years ago.  Referendums mean nothing if they happen time after time until the party calling for them gets the answer they want.  Remember, it could take you five referendums to finally get a leave majority but then that’s it, I don’t think the rest of the kingdom would vote in favour of having Scotland rejoin them and become a burden for the tax payer again.

You think Scotland is a burden on England’s tax payers? 

honestly, have you done any research? 

as a English born man, living in England.. Scotland can leave. They would be much better off without England. It’s awful here and getting worse. 

Edited by Living
Benji
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

I get that there shouldn't be referenda every 5 minutes, but if the SNP are re-elected on a manifesto that states they will request a national referendum, is that not a public mandate for one? 

As the old adage would go... remain needs to win every time, independence only needs to win once

To be fair, that’s all the MP in the article states in saying that there should be a time limit on the next referendum if another happens.  

• Like 1
Benji
1 minute ago, Living said:

You think Scotland is a burden on England’s tax payers? 

honestly, have you done any research? 

as a English born man, living in England.. Scotland can leave. They would be much better off without England. It’s awful here and getting worse. 

More money is sent upto Scotland per head than in England, Scotland has a very good deal with being a part of the union.

• LMAO 3
SEANGT

I mean the UK is basically a country comprised of states is it not? Closer to that than the EU at least, I thought? I don't see why scotland would be allowed to just leave. That's like if the confederacy in the US decided to make their own country and abe lincoln just said ok have fun :toofunny:

That said I think they should fight for it if they want it. The UK constantly screws them. 

Edited by SEANGT
Miss Dolly
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

The “once in a lifetime” statement was highlighting the importance of the first one, they were no talk of the EU referendum in 2014. The “once in a lifetime” is not legally binding, they were mention of it in the Edinburgh Agreement or in the Smith Commission. The UK Scotland voted to remain in 2014 is totally different than the one we have in 2021.  I’m a democrat as I am believe that the will of the people should always be respected. 

Miss Dolly
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Barely, our voice is barely heard. Our votes doesn’t mean sh*t in the “union of equals” 

Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, SEANGT said:

I mean the UK is basically a country comprised of states is it not? Closer to that than the EU at least, I thought? I don't see why scotland would be allowed to just leave. That's like if the confederacy in the US decided to make their own country and abe lincoln just said ok have fun :toofunny:

No, the UK is comprised of 4 nations. We aren’t states, we are all 4 nations in a union together. 

Miss Dolly
11 minutes ago, bionic said:

That’s my stance. I’m not in favour of having one every 5 minutes. However, if the will of the people are to have another referendum it should be respected. That never happened in 2019 in regards to Brexit, more people voted for pro-EU parties than for Brexit parties.