Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

I am the only one who doesn't like ARTPOP that much?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I like it but don't love it as much as I love Born This Way, Chromatica and The Fame Monster. 

Dr Fudge

Everyone has preference and that’s ok! But ARTPOP meant a lot to people and that’s why people are fast to defend it.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Glamourpuss

I'm not a fan of ARTPOP either. I streamed it when everybody else did and some of the songs grew on me a lot more. But something about this type of electronic music makes me feel cold and empty. I just can't vibe with it. 

eifulien

I think you're far from being alone, especially if we go back to 2013-2014, damn it was tough for us, AP lovers. I think it's fair to admit it is up to our personal tastes and be respectful and appreciate the different POV.

I still find ARTPOP on the top of my fave Gaga albums, closely followed by BTW, both of which find Gaga at her most overwhelming period of her career. I totally disgaree with the user who said ARTPOP lacks emotion. The whole thing reeks of it, it's just mostly negative - anger, pain, fear, a tendency towards lust, towards the physical, trying almost to suppress the "spiritual" (except for the title song and Gypsy). One of the most glaring issues the album has is its mixing, hence the "soulless" coments. That thing just doesn't hit, you can barely distinguish on some parts her voice from all the noise that's happening in the background.

In that regard, I give credit to Chromatica, it's engineered in an excellent manner. The bass hits where it should hit, her voice shines through and through. But as you called it, I'd be reluctant to say it's a great album, because the songwriting is mostly meh. Just compare the language and lyrics of BTW and ARTPOP, so many metaphors, super beautiful and rich. And then we have Stupid Love, Fun tonight, Sour candy, 1000 doves - some of her worst realeased material (don't kill me for that, I'm talking about lyrics only, just compare the demo of 1000 doves to the final one, the demo just outshines it). So yeah just for this dumbing down of the message/lyrics I can't put it up there with BTW and AP, but overall it has quite the pop punch.

I've been thinking lately with all the "AP is actually cool" revelation on the Internet, if Gaga was ever to go back and re-record an Act II /Side B to it, I'd love her to redo the songs of the OG AP the way they envisioned them with DJWS - with the screaming in Aura, the "fantastic, chique, freak, slay" of Fashion!, the male voice on MJH, hee-hees of ARTPOP, the punch of Manicure and Sexxx Dreams from Swinefest, etc. + better mixing!!! :legend::bradley: If Taylor can do it, why not our Gags...

holy scheisse

I think ARTPOPs the most cohesive album she's ever made, until chromatica, which is 1 reason I love it. It just demands to be listened to in its entirety from start to fjnish :bradley:

Inferno

I think the romanticization of ARTPOP and its era has more to do with how active and involved the fanbase was between 2011-2013 than it does the actual album. Theres a lot of kids that started stanning before or around that time period and attribute it to them liking her etc. I personally love the album but its certainly not apart of my top 3. I think its greatly flawed but is interesting because of it. But when people start getting into it being ahead of its time or a blueprint or whatever im kind of just like ummm....idk about that. Idk if they're just delusional or too young to have been conscious of popular culture at that time beyond Lady Gaga.

RAMROD
On 4/20/2021 at 9:15 PM, Blackout19 said:

I mean, its a nice album, but not really that great. 

I've requested a ban ON YOU.

tenor.gif?itemid=11783995

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

lilboyblue

I have no problem with it sonically, but there's not much there I relate to. It's my least favorite of hers.

I acknowledge though it's probably necessary in her artistic evolution because it led to much needed introspection that informed her career thereafter.

My Top 3 are Chromatica, Joanne, and Born This Way.

Archived