Chromatica out now

politics

45% of Texans would vote for Matthew McConaughey if he ran for governor

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

mcconaughey.jpg

Matthew McConaughey's chances at winning the Texas governorship look solid -- at least based on a random sampling of 1,000 or so registered voters who say they'd vote for him.

The actor stacked favorably against incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in terms of winnability ... this according to a new poll conducted by The Dallas Morning News and The University of Texas Tyler, which found McConaughey raked in 45% of the people who were asked.

The team talked to 1,126 registered Texan voters -- slightly more Republican than Dems -- and when asked if they'd be more likely to support MMC over Abbott ... nearly half said they WOULD, while 33% said they'd back GA -- and 22% said they'd vote for someone else.

Source

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2
PartySick

Can we stop putting actors and celebrities in political office? Please? :toofunny:

Reagan as president, Trump as president, Kanye West running for president, The Rock running for president, Kid Rock and his half-assed senate bid, Matthew Mcconaughey for Texas governor, IT'S NEVER A GOOD IDEA :toofunny:

You wouldn't hire a McDonald's manager to perform open heart surgery, make sure you hire a politician to hold political office :smh:

We're disrespecting each other, whatever happened to protecting each other 💔
  • Thanks 3
BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Can we stop putting actors and celebrities in political office? Please? :toofunny:

Reagan as president, Trump as president, Kanye West running for president, The Rock running for president, Kid Rock and his half-assed senate bid, Matthew Mcconaughey for Texas governor, IT'S NEVER A GOOD IDEA :toofunny:

You wouldn't hire a McDonald's manager to perform open heart surgery, make sure you hire a politician to hold political office :smh:

Reagan was an actor?

Reality

I mean, a poll of 1,000 still is small

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ // GOᗪ Oᖴ ᗰIᔕᑕᕼIEᖴ ४ // 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖 ۞
  • Thanks 1
PartySick
2 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Reagan was an actor?

Yup :smh:

Ronald Wilson Reagan was an American politician who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989 and became a highly influential voice of modern conservatism. Prior to his presidency, he was a Hollywood actor and union leader before serving as the 33rd governor of California from 1967 to 1975

Bradley
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Pretty sure Beyonce would succeed if she ran for it. :billie:

SpadesToStart

Not a fan of celebs in politics, but I would take a dem/liberal celeb over anyone associated with the GOP, so...

• Like 2
PartySick
Just now, Bradley said:

Pretty sure Beyonce would succeed if she ran for it. :billie:

As long as she put as many hands into her leading the country as she does writing a song :billie:

Spoiler

I'M CANCELLED FOR LIFE :messga:

I saw the joke and had to go for it, I apologize to the Hive™, I actually know next to nothing about Beyonce outside shady stan comments :messga:

• LMAO 1
Bradley
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

As long as she put as many hands into her leading the country as she does writing a song :billie:

Hide contents

I'M CANCELLED FOR LIFE :messga:

I saw the joke and had to go for it, I apologize to the Hive™, I actually know next to nothing about Beyonce outside shady stan comments :messga:

Maybe she will put homophobes in her basement and I'd be up for it. :billie:

• YAAAS 1
LateToCult

Not Texas going through its California era.  :ladyhaha:

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 1
Living
33 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

Not a fan of celebs in politics, but I would take a dem/liberal celeb over anyone associated with the GOP, so...

I got some bad news for you about Matthew then :huntyga:

FATCAT
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Reagan was an actor?

That was his only qualification. 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • LMAO 1