Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pokemon

Nick

Featured Posts

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

OMG I LOVE DID YOU KNOW GAMING! :excited: seriously whenever they release a new video about Pokemon or Mario or Zelda I get like beyond excited :party:

I believe it's 3668-8309-5437 :yes:

Me too! Some of the facts they post are just

EMrknJP.gif

This is my next search for breeding shinies.

Spr_5b_589_s.png

Lookin' Good and Feelin' Fine Fab :classy:

Get that steel gay knight of love  :usrs:

Haroon

Anyone wants to battle?

I added you :yes: my FC is in the OP, I'd post it in this reply but my 3DS is charging downstairs :dies:

Haroon

SoGengarite is now banned, like by that Smogon competitive battling thing which I find ridiculous :laughga: It takes a simple Sucker Punch or any other priority move to bring down a Mega Gengar easily :grr: or even a Choice Scarfed Pokemon :huh:

Like is it just me that thinks that? :shrug:

SoGengarite is now banned, like by that Smogon competitive battling thing which I find ridiculous :laughga: It takes a simple Sucker Punch or any other priority move to bring down a Mega Gengar easily :grr: or even a Choice Scarfed Pokemon :huh:

Like is it just me that thinks that?

Yeeeaaaaaah, I tired battling a Mega Gengar w/ my +Attack natured, Attack + defense trained, attack form Aegislash using  Shadow Sneak.

Add the STAB, and It still only brought the M.Gengar down to orange... :awkney:

M.Gengar is almost too good w/ its speed, little weaknesses, and its incredibly diverse movepool. Plus his move pool 'moves' counter his counters. If you do Not have any priorities based move. Add the fact that he has Shadow Tag and it completely disrupts a switch out to counter him. If you do not have a counter when he gets sent out, its lights out for your pokemon on the field. (Even worse if its triple/double battle)

Edit: However, countering M.Gengars, I hatched my perfect little Sucker Punch Banette. Perfect 31 attack IV, full Attack EV's and +Attack nature. :hug:

Edit2: Theres also a way around Sucker Punch...

Banette used Sucker Punch!....But It Failed.

Gengar used Hypnosis!....Banette is Asleep/Dead because it cant defend itself!

Gengar used Shadow Ball/Claw!

Aaaaaaaaand there goes your counter.

I added you :yes: my FC is in the OP, I'd post it in this reply but my 3DS is charging downstairs :dies:

I'll add you when I get my hands on my 3ds, I've been busy for finals hahah. Tommorrow probably!

Like is it just me that thinks that? :shrug:

I agree with their ban, and why here's a quote as I'm too lazy to type. Basically it makes defensive teams obsolete in a way.

Gengar has very useful support moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Destiny Bond, Hypnosis, and when PokeBank is legal, Perish Song. These moves give Gengar additional utility against both offensive (Will-O-Wisp and Destiny Bond) and defensive (Perish Song) teams, and Shadow Tag is the tool that allows Gengar to remove nearly all defensive threats or counters or checks with what the Council has determined is too high a probability, note that, while some pokemon can handle Mega-Gengar in a one-vs-one scenario, it has no true counters due to the nature of Shadow Tag (aka: switching in your counter), and that fact alone is the main reason as to why we thought it deserved to be banned.

While it's true that Shadow Tag will not be in effect the turn Gengar mega-evolves, which allows the other player to send in a counter or a Pursuiter, Mega Gengar can still Substitute in the same turn it mega-evolves, put opponents to sleep with Hypnosis, or Destiny Bond, and then switch out without the risk of being Pursuited (or in Destiny Bond's case, at least remove the Pursuiter.)

Not that I play that much nowadays. Not really using Gengar as well.

Haroon

Yeeeaaaaaah, I tired battling a Mega Gengar w/ my +Attack natured, Attack + defense trained, attack form Aegislash using  Shadow Sneak.

Add the STAB, and It still only brought the M.Gengar down to orange...

M.Gengar is almost too good w/ its speed, little weaknesses, and its incredibly diverse movepool. Plus his move pool 'moves' counter his counters. If you do Not have any priorities based move. Add the fact that he has Shadow Tag and it completely disrupts a switch out to counter him. If you do not have a counter when he gets sent out, its lights out for your pokemon on the field. (Even worse if its triple/double battle)

Edit: However, countering M.Gengars, I hatched my perfect little Sucker Punch Banette. Perfect 31 attack IV, full Attack EV's and +Attack nature.

Edit2: Theres also a way around Sucker Punch...

Banette used Sucker Punch!....But It Failed.

Gengar used Hypnosis!....Banette is Asleep/Dead because it cant defend itself!

Gengar used Shadow Ball/Claw!

Aaaaaaaaand there goes your counter.

I was actually caught in the same scenario with the Sucker Punch thing except the Mega Gengar used Substitute and I was screwed :laughga: I just think Choice Scarfed Pokemon and Focus Sashed Pokemon can be the downfall of Mega Gengar :shrug: Plus Klefki with priority Thunderwave can stop Mega Gengar from bashing straight through a team :huh:

I agree with their ban, and why here's a quote as I'm too lazy to type. Basically it makes defensive teams obsolete in a way.

Gengar has very useful support moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Destiny Bond, Hypnosis, and when PokeBank is legal, Perish Song. These moves give Gengar additional utility against both offensive (Will-O-Wisp and Destiny Bond) and defensive (Perish Song) teams, and Shadow Tag is the tool that allows Gengar to remove nearly all defensive threats or counters or checks with what the Council has determined is too high a probability, note that, while some pokemon can handle Mega-Gengar in a one-vs-one scenario, it has no true counters due to the nature of Shadow Tag (aka: switching in your counter), and that fact alone is the main reason as to why we thought it deserved to be banned.

While it's true that Shadow Tag will not be in effect the turn Gengar mega-evolves, which allows the other player to send in a counter or a Pursuiter, Mega Gengar can still Substitute in the same turn it mega-evolves, put opponents to sleep with Hypnosis, or Destiny Bond, and then switch out without the risk of being Pursuited (or in Destiny Bond's case, at least remove the Pursuiter.)

Not that I play that much nowadays. Not really using Gengar as well.

Hmm I didn't think of the supportive moves :sweat: I kinda just accept that it's a kamikaze mission, like I'm forced to let a Pokemon die so a counter can be switched in, or with luck and prediction you can smack him across the face when he switches in (unless it's a safe one). I don't know, like I'm mostly not happy with the decision because I wanted to be using a shiny Mega Gengar a lot to show off :dies:

• ChicaSkas pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic
  • Haroon locked this topic

Archived