💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why The Cure doesn't feel like a Gaga song

NichuuB

Featured Posts

NichuuB
3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Cause it feels empty, like one of those Selena/Camila songs that happen to have a demo by Charli XCX, Anne Marie, Julia Michaels, etc.

LoL. Girl why you being so mean (but real though)

Wendy Williams Omg GIF

Property of @Whale

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NichuuB
2 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

You don't think so? It sounds just as much a gaga song as dwuw does , to me :diane:

I think dwuw totally hits different. There's the loud synths, gaga doing her signature rasp sing, and the lyrics have a critic in form of a metaphor

Property of @Whale

Chic
3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Cause it feels empty, like one of those Selena/Camila songs that happen to have a demo by Charli XCX, Anne Marie, Julia Michaels, etc.

The accuracy :lmao:

2 hours ago, Midnightrush891 said:

Made to test her steaming power? I always thought it was common knowledge that it was a Star is Born reject. 

What about a ASIB reject trendy enough to test her streaming power ?

Nathaniel Arven

wasn't the song for her friend Sonja ? Wasn't it so full of energy because G wanted to heal her friend ?  I think there is a double meaning in that song because it looks like a random love letter, but it's actually about being broken, and like a manual of surviving. I think this song is deep. (I also see it like Anna Wintour : a song about self love too). 

Also : I believe that nothing is created, so Ally has parts of Gaga in her. She takes emotions from her own experience and she indeed has put a lot of herself in it. For me ASIB soundtrack is the perfect transition from Joanne (the rock vibes) and Chromatica : the dance vibes. Like : Gaga is slowly becoming a popstar again, but she infused her pop with love energy. 

(edit 3 : i feel like i'm gonna be LMAO'ed)

Genuine Guy 09
4 hours ago, Grigio Guy said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the song was made to test Gaga’s streaming power without much promotion. This is why the song sounds as catchy and as pop as possible

^^^

It was a basic and contrived song derived from Ally sessions they put out in line with setting up ASIB. Strategically put out when Gaga was at her lowest in terms of being a hitmaker, it didn't need to sound like a Gaga song. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Schwerk

It's a Gaga song but in the early 2000's poppy R&B style she used to write songs before she became famous. Her Def Jam days if you will, when she wrote songs for other artists, like Quicksand. I think trying to search for a poppy sound for Ally she explored this time in her songwriting career and put a modern twist on it by working with new producers to make it sound like everything that was charting at that moment. I also think it's a gift to Sonja and Andre, since the songs lyrics seem about her/them and she knew her friend was dying.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Cookie Tookie

It was an attempt at creating a mediocre pop song following pop trends at the time. To this day, I’m not impressed at all.

Juniper

I know she talked about Sonja and dedicated it to her one some occasion but this song definitely sounds like Ally singing to Jackson and because it was written during those sessions I’ve always taken it as an ASIB reject that was kind of too good to be wasted in their opinion. 

Yes, it's very un-Gaga-like, no darkness, no edge, nothing ominous about it. I like the song, I wouldn't skip it in the car, but it makes her sound like everyone else, and in that way it kinda points up that for the most part she's in a different league. I like the way she fitted it into JWT too. Through that concert, she is powerful, challenging, even menacing at times, but she uses the Cure at the end to go full-on pop princess and finish with a smile.

Joshie S

It's one of my favourite Lady Gaga songs. It sounds like a Gaga song to me.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♄

Better Day

It was never a song that would take over the world. It was a lovely wee unexpected present in between 2016 and 2018. It was made in jam sessions with DJ White Shadow, it wasn’t a ASIB cut however out of these “jam” session happened to produce Heal Me and the other pop songs for the ASIB. I enjoy The Cure for what is it. I still appreciate the Joanne era for Gaga, it helped me through a really difficult time in my life at that point, so much change was going on. Joanne helped me with the strength to get through a failing relationship and the extremely mess aftermath. The Cure will always hold a dear place in my heart

Together You And I!

Mother of Puppies

I think the style is also a bit like „eh eh“ and „summer boy“ so it may not feel like „a typical Gaga song“ to some, but rather „a typical Stefani song“ 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

S0436
Just now, boyerased said:

Didn’t someone deny it being an ASIB outtake?

No one can believe anything anyone says unless there are receipts :whitney:

Archived