Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why The Cure doesn't feel like a Gaga song

NichuuB

Featured Posts

Rebel

Cause it feels empty, like one of those Selena/Camila songs that happen to have a demo by Charli XCX, Anne Marie, Julia Michaels, etc.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Why would they need to test her streaming power though?

before ASIB, gaga's streaming power paled in comparison to where it's at now. i remember back in 2017, everyone on this site always said, "gaga's not a streaming artist." in the last few years, she's doubled and tripled her streaming numbers and transitioned fully into the streaming era

Chromatica Island

It was most likely an ASIB outtake, it's very similar to heal me imo.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Anderson123

Because they wrote it during a jamming session trying to find the sound for Ally Maine. It ended up fitting Gaga in some way though, they probably just wanted to see how a standalone catchy pop song would do in streaming services.

Quartz

'When you think you know what Lady Gaga means, I'll prove you wrong.' - Lady Gaga

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Midnightrush891
1 hour ago, Grigio Guy said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the song was made to test Gaga’s streaming power without much promotion. This is why the song sounds as catchy and as pop as possible

Made to test her steaming power? I always thought it was common knowledge that it was a Star is Born reject. 

RAMROD

Because she aims for trendy sounds than doing her own that she is usually do 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

venuspop

I thought it was common knowledge that the song was made to test Gaga’s streaming power without much promotion. This is why the song sounds as catchy and as pop as possible

is this true? :triggered: :saladga:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

SKANK

The Cure fits in with the odd little R&B portion of her discography with songs like No Way, Posh Life, Love You Right, Murder My Heart, Heal Me, etc. 

PartySick

This^

It's just a commercial bop :lolly:

1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It sounds like an ASIB outtake. They probably wrote and recorded a bunch of music for the movie, cut out a bunch as well, and then Gaga was probably like "Wait that one was kind of good... maybe we should release it and see what happens." 

It's kind of funny how ASIB showed up in the Joanne era with The Cure, got its own "era", then showed up on Chromatica with Love Me Right.

The soundtrack that keeps giving :diane:

🖤

holy scheisse

You don't think so? It sounds just as much a gaga song as dwuw does , to me :diane:

Kadikaado

The song is very Gaga lyric wise, but the arrengement is pure Tropical House that was the trend back in 2017. I think it suited her perfectly, but it was not original of her to use this overused style.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Catnikko
2 hours ago, Grigio Guy said:

it is? It was a song made during sessions that resulted in alot of the pop songs for ASIB i thought? and they released it bc it wasnt going to be used and bc she did coachella..

p.s it totally sounds like a gaga song imo :fatcat:

Actual patient

NichuuB
3 hours ago, Helxig said:

It's a very Ally Maine song tbh. Her vocals are different to a regular Gaga song. Especially her soft, almost R&B voice on the verses like "rub your feet your hands your legs". There are no long notes in the whole song which is very unlike Gaga. The instrumental isn't like any other Gaga songs either. 

Idk what the genre is but it's much more akin to Hair Body Face, Why Did You Do That, and Heal Me in my opinion. Also it was written and recorded at the same time as the ASIB music so I'm sure there was some cross-pollination happening there

Oh wow. Actually you did made me see what I was wondering. I can totally see now that indeed feels like a Ally song. Thank you!:kara:

Property of @Whale

Archived